REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 91 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumrobpalmer1 → View All Posts

View All Posts: robpalmer1

» GBPF British classic (Go to post)09-10-2013 @ 18:42 
Was really looking forward to watching these two go at it. Shame screamer can't lift.
Think it would have been pretty close. Think Tom would have the win by the end of the day with his pull.
It would be a big ask for Steve to put together another performance like he did at the world classic. It looked like a lot of training went into it.
I'll be joining them next year maybe. Doing my first international at 93kg on Saturday. In equipment though and pulling sumo!
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)06-09-2013 @ 15:10 
Qualified through getting a silver at the EPF Europeans this year mate.
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)06-09-2013 @ 12:44 
Cash prizes now for the Arnold Europe Powerlifting, up to 1000 Euros for the winner.
Competition will be 13-16 men all places will be decided on wilks. Should make it interesting.
Gonna lift around 88-89 for this one. Try and finally get 600 wilks.
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)07-08-2013 @ 14:16 
Here is a link to the event, tickets etc
http://arnoldclassiceurope.es/wp/en/
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)07-08-2013 @ 13:24 
CraigToley said:anyone know how much it would work out for the expo ? the site is in spanish and i cant find anyone who speaks it lol

I'll try and find out from the organisers of the powerlifting side mate. Should know in the next few days.
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)06-08-2013 @ 20:46 
rossphillips said:That's brilliant mate well done
Thanks Ross, I'm really looking forward to it.
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)06-08-2013 @ 20:45 
SBradwell83 said:What date is it being held rob??
October the 11th to the 13th in Madrid, I think the powerlifting is on the Saturday. I was just at the World Games last week and there seems to be a real good buzz about it all. I think every lifter in Europe would love to go to the USA and lift at the Arnold there but its very hard to get selected plus the cost etc. So they seem to be really buying into the European one.
» Arnold Classic Europe (Go to post)06-08-2013 @ 20:25 
Which if any strongmen are going to lift at this event? I've been invited for the powerlifting. Can't wait, really hoping to meet Arnold himself.
» My Kinetica promotional video (Go to post)29-04-2013 @ 22:02 
sexymikehowarth said:Do you deadlift sumo in competition?

I think being the best lifter in you catagory for the last 5 years is a fantastic achievement... Shows tremendous commitrment

Thanks Mike, yeah sumo in competition. A little bit of conventional for training but not loads. Mostly from blocks.
» My Kinetica promotional video (Go to post)29-04-2013 @ 22:01 
Steve said:Great video Rob. Good luck at the Europeans.

Cheers Steve. Would love to win it twice on the bounce!
» My Kinetica promotional video (Go to post)29-04-2013 @ 19:50 
This has been on YouTube for a while. Kinetica came down to the club and made this. Wasn't going to put it on here as I cannot stand the sound of my own voice but they did such a good job I thought it was stupid not to share it. Hope you all like it. Got the EPF Europeans in 10 days time, training is going really well. Will be hard to defend, the class is ridiculous at the moment 900+ at 83 is becoming normal now!!
http://youtu.be/8an8xEDiezA
» Chad wesley smith - article'the bench shirt is being pulled over your eyes' (Go to post)30-03-2013 @ 22:47 
chrisjenkins said:I also respect you as a lifter, my first genuine thought when I watched your 350kg Squat was that I was very impressed and I really enjoy your videos from competition.

I'm not a fan of watching records being set with quarter squats in multiple ply's of gear in America, making the lifts impossible to break back here in the UK or Europe. I have had to contend with that for years as a lifter and try to keep up wit the trend, I have to be honest I don't like the splinter of different organisations, the number of people who call themselves champion is absurd. But like you said there are many excellent lifters, who are impressive to say the least, I would not call the type of lifting I have seen them do as GYM LIFTS. Konstantine Konstantinovs, lifting 390kg deadlift raw at a very lean 112kg, 23 years old. Pete Tregloan deadlifting 400kg as a master, with a Tarzan costume on. Benni's 441kg deadlift in Helsinki is probably the most impressive thing I have seen. I competed way back in 2002, in Finland at the WPC Worlds and the standard was awesome back then. The judging in the WPC, in places like Russia is very strict, and I would be proud to say I won a WPC World title, even more so without lifting equipment.

Your making too good an argument mate! I would just love to see everyone in the at the same world level lifting against one another.
With regard to equipment. Raw/classic could be the saviour of the sport. Nowhere to hide there.
» Chad wesley smith - article'the bench shirt is being pulled over your eyes' (Go to post)30-03-2013 @ 22:21 
chrisjenkins said:
I'm not sure I'm reading that right. Well I have to disagree with you on that note, so are you discounting any contest I have entered under the WPC banner? I give credibility to any person that has the balls to step on the lifting platform, under the same rules and compete against other lifters.

It's not the lifters Chris. I, like you commend anybody who gets up and lifts in front of others it takes real guts to be lifting in front of your peers. But the splintering of federations has ruined the sport. If we were all under 1 banner with 1 set of rules it would be epic. You are a quality lifter, I would have loved to compete against you but sadly I don't think that will happen.
It's just what I think about the state of the sport globally not at any lifter directly.
» Chad wesley smith - article'the bench shirt is being pulled over your eyes' (Go to post)30-03-2013 @ 17:27 
MaxCooper said:Very true, however this in MY opinion atleast its the feds fault for allowing it and the mentality of those people is if it passes its fair play because theyll get criticised no matter which way they do it, eg louie simmons claims he remembers being criticised for squatting high and the puctures on google of him have him squatting rediculously low

Also the very best quote ive heard on the topic of high squats and wearing equptment comes from donnie thompson who basically says hell personally apologise as soon as Fox sports comments on the topic and starts coverage

My biggest issue is that within the sport we give credibility to other federations with slack rules, in my mind there is only 1 world governing body for powerlifting and that is the IPF which the IOC recognises as the world governing body for powerlifting. So unfortunately these competitions outside of the IPF are not powerlifting competitions they are at about the same level as me lifting in the gym and getting my mates to judge me. When we do this I always win, and they are strict judges I promise.
» New Member! (Go to post)29-03-2013 @ 19:44 
Great bench mate, I wouldn't fancy lifting that out on my own!

You are here: HomeForumrobpalmer1 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto