Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videos18' Deadlift - 280kg for 9 reps

18' Deadlift - 280kg for 9 reps

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Post Edited: 09.12.2012 @ 18:34 PM by Rob_Bush

Got counted incorrectly by the kind but partially innumerate gym goer I collared to film this set. He missed a rep for some reason so I stopped when I thought I was on 8 but had I have known it was 9, I would have dug deep for the 10 I wanted. Gutted!

300kg for 10 reps off the blocks is the short term goal so I'll keep chipping away at it.
strong lifting
paddymc1986 said:strong lifting

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.
solid lifting there Rob be good to get your 300 x 10 goal next year.
Thing said:solid lifting there Rob be good to get your 300 x 10 goal next year.

Thanks mate. I'm aiming for it very soon as that was the second attempt at 10 reps from 18". Last week was 260kg for 10 reps just to get a feel for it. 290kg soon and then 300kg soon after. This as always my last set as I still work up in 5s, 3s and 1s and aim for a max or heavier 3 alternate weeks.
Rob_Bush said:
Thanks mate. I'm aiming for it very soon as that was the second attempt at 10 reps from 18". Last week was 260kg for 10 reps just to get a feel for it. 290kg soon and then 300kg soon after. This as always my last set as I still work up in 5s, 3s and 1s and aim for a max or heavier 3 alternate weeks.

like a modified 5/3/1 but heavier
Thing said:
like a modified 5/3/1 but heavier

I've never followed any kind of strict pattern of lifting. I work in any rep ranges really as if it was a set that I was only supposed to be doing a single in and it felt good, I'd lift a second. I try to use 5, 3, 1as a platform but it always depends on how I feel on the day. Ending core exercises or events with a big set of reps has improved my fitness and endurance no end and I love it t be honest.
Rob_Bush said:
I've never followed any kind of strict pattern of lifting. I work in any rep ranges really as if it was a set that I was only supposed to be doing a single in and it felt good, I'd lift a second. I try to use 5, 3, 1as a platform but it always depends on how I feel on the day. Ending core exercises or events with a big set of reps has improved my fitness and endurance no end and I love it t be honest.

i should follow suit with the max reps at the end THB i could be doing with it.

its certainly helps you out and hope it continues
Top lifting pal
jones105
nice iftin rob...i train in a similar way,dont follow a strict program...and mix higher reps and ss,defo wrks for conditioning,fitness
Lewisg
Nice lifting Rob.
chaos said:Top lifting pal

Cheers mate.
jones105 said:nice iftin rob...i train in a similar way,dont follow a strict program...and mix higher reps and ss,defo wrks for conditioning,fitness

Thanks Tyrone.
Lewisg said:Nice lifting Rob.

Thanks Lewis mate.
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videos18' Deadlift - 280kg for 9 reps
Return to top View Desktop Site