Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsWeakman training log

Weakman training log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

You know you guys are my favourite outside eye, it's just that I usually do my stuff in a corner while the Cross**tters are flailing around, so it's not easy to find a spot for both me and a camera.
PB Monday

(On secondary lifts, while waiting for some 20kg iron plates to arrive later this week so I can challenge my deadlift PB.)

Front squat
140x1
150x1 PB
160xlol
155xdumped

Strict press
60x1
70x1
80x1 PB
85xfailure
82.5xnope
82.5x1 PB

A bit of wishful thinking here and there, but some PB's in the pocket.

Pre-emptive retort: Yes, that is in fact a pressing PB. c**ts. Grin
Still no plates. I might just do squat + bench on Friday and wait till next week to test the DL.

In the meantime, some dicking around:

HSPU practice

Snatch grip dl's, triples up to 100kg, nothing too heavy, focusing on technique.

Workout:
12 minute AMRAP of
10 hang clean high pulls (40kg)
10 push-press (40kg)
10 box jumps (32" or thereabouts)

5 rounds + 9 high-pulls. No rush, moderate pace, tidy jumps with a light landing.
6k erg today, 21:46.6, 1:50-52/500m ish until 2k to go, then 1:45-1:47/500m and 1:40 over the last 500m. Brutal in my current state of fitness. 1 minute off my best time. Roll-Eyes
macroth said:6k erg today, 21:46.6, 1:50-52/500m ish until 2k to go, then 1:45-1:47/500m and 1:40 over the last 500m. Brutal in my current state of fitness. 1 minute off my best time. Roll-Eyes

Still a decent row mate.

Its great that you have the discipline to combine the two sports. I can't be arsed to row.
Thanks John. I'm not disappointed by the time, it just shows how much work needs to be done by this winter.

I don't combine lifting and erging so much as do them in succession, one in the summer and the other in the winter. But even when I'm in full-on erging mode I can't bring myself to pull on that bloody chain for more than an hour straight! Grin
Its funny when I think back.

I used to do 15k every single day at 20spm. f**k that s**t. ha.

Are you an OTW rower too?
JohnGym said: f**k that s**t. ha.

My thoughts exactly. 20k sessions, all that crap, I find it so mind-numbing now.

Are you an OTW rower too?

For a handful of years, 10 years ago. Never could sort out the balance, not to mention the finer aspects of rowing technique, so I was a bit s**te at it. Ergs don't float, and so on.
nice PB monday and splendid rowing !!

my level of rowing : 20 minutes for 5k !!

BUT im fancying a bit of a return over the winterton !
Meh peebees today. Was hoping for a bit more.

Squat
160x1
180x1
190xF (hit the safety on the left)
190x (+8kg)

Positives: the bar came down and went back up; it's a PB and 2xBW.
Negatives: barely made depth; not pretty; it's not 200kg.

Bench press (regular grip)
110x1
120x1 (+5kg)

Positives: the bar came down and went back up; it's a PB.
Negatives: can't seem to stay tight; it's only 120kg.
I think you should be pleased.

Good PB's. You will prob beat both of them next week too.

Keep moving forward.
Thanks John. Unfortunately that may be the most forward movement I'll be getting for a while. Emphasis is switching back to endurance and indoor rowing for the next several months. Still, I'm happy with my progress over just a few months and will try to stretch that out next year.

Today:

* handstand and handstand push-up practice

* press: worked up to 65x3 and 75x1 (80xF, bo***cks)

* For time:
12 deadlifts (100kg)
8 power cleans (50kg)
6 push-presses (30kg)
(using one bar, strip weights as you go)

1 min rest

24 box jumps (24")
16 double-unders
12 lunges ea. leg

Total time: 3:51

Short and sweet, almost too short.
PB Tuesdays, deadlift edition

The last of the 4 f**king 20kg plates I ordered finally came in yesterday (first 3 on Friday, wtf?), thus enabling the holding of today's single lift PB session.

220x1 250x1 (P and B sandwich, +10kg compared to mid-May), 270x0, as in 0 centimetres off the ground. Tongue

So that's it for my strength progression in 2012. +30/+10/+45 compared to my historical stats, so decent progress. I'll try not to ungain my gains too much whilst I erg and kip my way to fitness, and then I'll start a new round of 5/3/1 sometime in early spring, with some tweaks.
deleted2_20210523
deleted
Thanks Nick. I'll still be lifting twice a week at least, and I may scale "up" some of the CrossFit workouts to make them heavier. I'll also do a bit of strongman stuff at my folk's place once in a while, now that I have some sandbags, an axle and FW handles. So nothing structured, but hopefully it will be enough in terms of maintenance work. The lay-off, so to speak, will last until mid-Feb at the latest.

I think the relatively high volume of assistance work made the difference compared to what I did in the past. Next time, however, I'll start higher (to avoid all those 10+ rep sets on the main lifts) and/or add in some heavy singles/doubles/triples more frequently. Especially on the bench and squat, I need more experience with the heavier weights. 10x140 just doesn't prepare you for a 200kg squat.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsWeakman training log
Return to top View Desktop Site