Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitideal strongman comp?

ideal strongman comp?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I didn't see Ben's arm over arm. In fact, I didn't see many people's attempts at anything. I was too busy dying!!
Max deadlift.

One attempt.

No warm up facilities.
Joseph_Walton
Tony said:Max deadlift.

One attempt.

No warm up facilities.

You're a sick man, if i'd already done a JT madley then i would have no problem, thats taking warming up to an extreme.
Max Log(I'm rubbish at everything overhead, but this is most fun)
Power Stairs
Arm over arm with something cool lookin, maybe a lifeboat on its transporter(you listening Brian?)
180kg shield carry(we have one at unit 20, and it looks the business!)
Hellish long medley, like 90's WSM, 300kg Yoke for 30m into 120 Farmers for 30 into a few tyre flips then maybe a chain drag for 15m
Stones over yoke

Don't like

Anything with a standard bar, at a standard height, in my opinion its just not strongman!
Post Edited: 20.04.2010 @ 17:42 PM by bignige1986
Oh yes martin i like maxes Grin

Ok slight change my ideal wank myself off comp-
Max axel
Inch Dumbell for reps
Max Deadlift
Max yoke 10m
Frame carry for fastest time
Fingals for reps Grin
Stones to height

Sounds fun
martinb said:
300kg Yoke for 30m into 120 Farmers for 30 into a few tyre flips then maybe a chain drag for 15m

Eek

I'll sit that one out, thanks.
WILLSAN said:actually thinking about it I forgot the best event ever TRUCK PULL! revised -

hey thats interesting you find it a good event, is this to do it or from spectators point of view?

I think its a s**t event for spectators, basically after the first guy has pulled it, there is nothing to see. Its hard to tell the time difference between pullers, its simply just from A to B, and nothing much happens as the guy is just pumping away.

Compare that to some medley with three different things which is full of drama - especially when going head to head, changes of pace, varied skills with different things in the medley, many not finishing it etc.
bignige1986 said:Max yoke 10m

how does that work? choose your weight and then you have to complete it in a set time or something?
Truck pull is one of my least favourite events to watch.

Wish we'd start having decent sized vehicles to pull in u105 comps. Vans and 4x4 vehicles look unimpressive!
WILLSAN said:
bignige1986 said:
Max yoke 10m

how does that work?

Exactly what I was thinking!
Joni said:
hey thats interesting you find it a good event, is this to do it or from spectators point of view?
I think its a s**t event for spectators, basically after the first guy has pulled it, there is nothing to see. Its hard to tell the time difference between pullers, its simply just from A to B, and nothing much happens as the guy is just pumping away.
Compare that to some medley with three different things which is full of drama - especially when going head to head, changes of pace, varied skills with different things in the medley, many not finishing it etc.

from a competitors point of view. I think its a fun event to do. not a massive amount to do technique wise just got to grind it out. plus its the event friends and family (my kids in particular) seem most impressed by! Grin
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Truck pull is one of my least favourite events to watch.

Wish we'd start having decent sized vehicles to pull in u105 comps. Vans and 4x4 vehicles look unimpressive!

Although it turned out to be still too light the double van pull at the Northern 105 looked good/impressive, I wasnt sure it was going down very well but from the feedback after the comp it was a spectator favourite alongside farmers (people like to watch a race!).
WILLSAN said:ok been done before but im interested to see what events people want to do and im sure we can turn into a argument about hitched deadlifts anyway. Grin

whats your ideal (as in ones YOU would enjoy doing or watching if you dont compete) set of comp events? in the format of say 5 events. 1 press, 1 deadlift, 1 medley + 2 others.

mine -

- log press for reps.
- car deadlift.
- yoke/tyre flip medley.
- farmers - set distance for time.
- stone run

to make it a bit more interesting add 2 events that you hate doing also! mine -

- axle deadlift.
- walk of pain.

Max Log
Max Deadlift - No f**kING SUITS
Object Loading Medley
Fingals Fingers
Stone Run

Least 2 fav:
f**king Farmers
f**king Yoke

Can you spot which events I'm not too good atGrin
minibig1
Ideal:

cage barrel squat
last man standing rock press
last man standing 18" deadlift
yoke, frame, chain drag
atlas stones

Worst:

anything overhead
foreward or lateral holds
Overhead: Wooden Log Medley
Deadlift: Vehicle with front bar
Medley: Tyre flip medley with progressively heavier tyres
Other 1: Cage/Barrels squat (WSM style)
Other 2: Truck Pull

All events I have not done before and all events that would float my boat.

Two I wouldnt want...

Yoke/Safe press
Viking Press

Both screw with my dodgy shoulder too much

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitideal strongman comp?
Return to top View Desktop Site