Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

EDCLARKEIcon...23-10-2007 @ 21:01 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10991 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 23.10.2007 @ 21:02 PM
Originally posted by Joni...
The Register reports this as a scam mobilised by The Sun (another quality source of information eh?):

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/15/red_arrows_rumpus/

And here is something on the RAF web site:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/teamnews/index.cfm?storyid=66845B01...

Don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers!

There has been a lot of speculation recently both in the media and online regarding whether we have been banned from displaying at the 2012 Olympics, and we are getting an increasingly large amount of enquiries from people wondering whether or not to sign online petitions. We are very happy to tell you that the story is complete rubbish! It’s far too early for either us or the organising committee of London 2012 to discuss any participation by the Red Arrows in the celebrations. We plan our display season one year in advance and so we’re currently busy trying to organise our 2008 display season. We would like to thank everyone for their support – but hope that the truth behind this story will put everyone’s concerns to rest.

oops!
little_aIcon...24-10-2007 @ 08:34 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Dont 'oops' it ED. We all know they were thinking about it, and simply sounding us out. Thanks to patriots like you they now know the mood.
When the red arrows are flying over in 5 years time you can say with pride "I made sure the boys were here" & they'll look down and say "There's ED, our mate"

The moment will no doubt be quite touchingWink
EDCLARKEIcon...24-10-2007 @ 19:42 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10991 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Originally posted by little_a...
Dont 'oops' it ED. We all know they were thinking about it, and simply sounding us out. Thanks to patriots like you they now know the mood.
When the red arrows are flying over in 5 years time you can say with pride "I made sure the boys were here" & they'll look down and say "There's ED, our mate"

The moment will no doubt be quite touchingWink

When you put it like that I can feel nothing but pride in my comments! However I would like to state for the record that when I refered to the members of the department for culture media and sport as f**kwits and c**ts I had no intention of causing offence and ment it mearly as a term of affection!

god save the queen ! save the country bring back Maggie! Lets bomb France!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions