REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 228 guests

ray williams strength loss?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AdamTIconray williams strength loss?26-10-2019 @ 10:07 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
I don't follow the IPF, I find it dull

However, a recent video of Williams was recommended on youtube and by f**k. I don't think I have seen such a dramatic loss of strength

Is it injuries?

Or has someone come off the orange juice??
samue1sonIcon...26-10-2019 @ 19:05 
Member 4416, 1370 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
AdamT said:I don't follow the IPF, I find it dull

However, a recent video of Williams was recommended on youtube and by f**k. I don't think I have seen such a dramatic loss of strength

Is it injuries?

Or has someone come off the orange juice??

Eventually, people go downward from a peak, though one performance totalling 937 (I assume you means this one), was enough to win his comp. Sometimes, winning the comp is all that's needed for the effot.
DeanW92Icon...26-10-2019 @ 22:20 
Member 4496, 1446 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
samue1son said:
Eventually, people go downward from a peak, though one performance totalling 937 (I assume you means this one), was enough to win his comp. Sometimes, winning the comp is all that's needed for the effot.

People are stronger when they are peaked but this is a massive difference and peaking is usually done multiple times a year for comps so that is definitely not the case here, he also bombed out of his last meet (IPF worlds) as he couldn't get his squat opener.

And yes his total was enough to win but im pretty sure his goals are to keep improving his total every meet not just win.
samue1sonIcon...27-10-2019 @ 00:40 
Member 4416, 1370 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
DeanW92 said:
People are stronger when they are peaked but this is a massive difference and peaking is usually done multiple times a year for comps so that is definitely not the case here, he also bombed out of his last meet (IPF worlds) as he couldn't get his squat opener.
And yes his total was enough to win but im pretty sure his goals are to keep improving his total every meet not just win.

Hmm.

So what is the testing like at IPF?

If Ray decided to go full bore bull's balls and grow a moon face (plus wraps) , would he become the strongest across all lifters?

I'm not naive, but I just have a smattering of hope that he is natural.
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions