Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitCheap Axles on Ebay

Cheap Axles on Ebay

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

luki
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fat-Axle-Bar-/331164749846?pt=UK_Str...
£75 is cheap. Postage was expensive when I asked.
It says the postage is free, cheeky buggers. Or do you live on some bizarre channel island that time forgot that always incurs large postage fees?

If you gonna get one with non revolving sleeves you might as well use a scaffold pole. I went to a yard and offered the bloke a tenner for a six foot length, then used hose clips for the inner collars, works like a charm.

P.s. When I say I offered him money for a length I mean length of scaffold pole.
Luke82 said:
P.s. When I say I offered him money for a length I mean length of scaffold pole.

Hahahaha, I second the scaffold pole idea. We hused one for long enough and it held up pretty well.

Living in the Highlands I can relate when it comes to postage, I have a KW postcode (Kirkwall, Orkney) despite living on the mainland.
luki
Ireland. How'd grip work out on the scaffold pole? Was considering that.
All of the comps I have done that include an axle was always a smooth pole , I think the knurled ones are quite rare ,they look lovely though !!
I train it on a scaffold bar and I've done fine with axles in comps
luki
Do you use straps for lifting scaffold? I wanted to try for grip training.
No straps!
unit94 said:No straps!

Agreed, using straps isnt really grip training.
luki
Post Edited: 22.01.2015 @ 12:04 PM by luki
That's what I was thinking, but wondering how grip goes with no knurling. Will have to give a go, 13euro 7" scaffold here:-)
What length is best? Monger said he could cut to 6 foot either.
No knurling makes the grip difficult, hence grip training
I got a 6' section so it would get in my car easier, 7' would be better though as I don't have much space left for plates if I use it in my rack.
luki
Thanks
Luke82 said:I got a 6' section so it would get in my car easier, 7' would be better though as I don't have much space left for plates if I use it in my rack.

Mine is cut to 7", like a standard Olympic barbell. Seems spot on.
luki
Post Edited: 23.01.2015 @ 10:19 AM by luki
Any other easy DIY odd object training stuff? I have a slush pipe, sand bag, DIY yoke.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitCheap Axles on Ebay
Return to top View Desktop Site