Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitevents list for bodypower?

events list for bodypower?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

last year was

deadlift
axle
flipper
yoke
-------
cut to top 10
-------
sandbag over yoke
VanillaGorilla said:I don't understand why the events would affect if you did the competition or not?

Surely the whole point of strongman is to have a versatile strength that withstands a multitude of tests? Obviously people prefer or excel at certain events, but surely if you want to do the competition the selection of events shouldn't have a bearing?

This
beza
VanillaGorilla said:I don't understand why the events would affect if you did the competition or not?

Surely the whole point of strongman is to have a versatile strength that withstands a multitude of tests? Obviously people prefer or excel at certain events, but surely if you want to do the competition the selection of events shouldn't have a bearing?

Normally I'd agree, but in this instance for me personally axle really flares up my injured wrist where as log doesn't effect it as much. Trying to think for the long term I'm trying to avoid axle (and bench in training) so I'm looking at comps with log at the moment, all the other events I ain't fussed. Don't see the problem with that?

It won't have a bearing on whether or not you can compete but obviously certain events are favoured by certain people. If it happens to be 5 of your worst events instead of 5 of your best events then obviously you won't be looking at a podium finish. I agree with what you are saying in principle, I guess some people font like competing unless they suspect they're in with a shot
McMuffin_Gains said:
It won't have a bearing on whether or not you can compete but obviously certain events are favoured by certain people. If it happens to be 5 of your worst events instead of 5 of your best events then obviously you are a s**t strongman

These people won't get very far lol
brownbear said:It doesn't change much year to year guys

Narrow log
Sandbag loading
Yoke
15" dead lift
Car dead hold
Stones

Aye but its now being ran by Terry and Rob this year for the first time, so it may well be different. Based on what I've seen used at Terrys comps at the new HSC gym I'd expect:

Yoke,
Log,
Farmers,
Conventional deadlift from floor.

Then I'm not sure, maybe car hold, or stone loading for the final event.
Anyone know if its giants live qualifier?
Terry did mention viking press n flipper when we was down in december but unsure if its all classes
theulsterman said:last year was

deadlift
axle
flipper
yoke
-------
cut to top 10
-------
sandbag over yoke

that's what I did in the first timer class but thought it was different for other classes?
theulsterman said:last year was

deadlift
axle
flipper
yoke
-------
cut to top 10
-------
sandbag over yoke

that's what I did in the first timer class but thought it was different for other classes?

I don't normally disagree with you mate BUT I do here -

It's a mass participation competition to ram as many entry fees in as possible which is fine by me as long as the athletes get a great experience .. BUT with out events/weights/distances etc how are these up and coming strength athletes supposed to pitch themselves in the correct category ? I'm not sure what category a 260kg deadlifter would be in myself ? Novice ? Inter ? Open ? f**k knows ?!

Give the guys a chance to make a well calculated judgement !

Also the biggest question is yet unanswered ?! The question that sees the likes of Hixxy and Marius Lalas come out of the woodwork ..

Is that GIANTS LIVE Golden Ticket on offer again ? It will make a massive difference to the field that competes in the Opens !

*Just My View*
MarkClegg said:

Also the biggest question is yet unanswered ?! The question that sees the likes of Hixxy and Marius Lalas come out of the woodwork ..
Is that GIANTS LIVE Golden Ticket on offer again ? It will make a massive difference to the field that competes in the Opens !
*Just My View*

Exactly! Gonna be the main factor for alot of guys entering
MarkClegg said:
I don't normally disagree with you mate BUT I do here -
It's a mass participation competition to ram as many entry fees in as possible which is fine by me as long as the athletes get a great experience .. BUT with out events/weights/distances etc how are these up and coming strength athletes supposed to pitch themselves in the correct category ? I'm not sure what category a 260kg deadlifter would be in myself ? Novice ? Inter ? Open ? f**k knows ?!
Give the guys a chance to make a well calculated judgement !

That's a fair point actually.

Mind you, it won't stop some clown with a 300kg pull doing a novice though Roll-Eyes

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitevents list for bodypower?
Return to top View Desktop Site