Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosFront Squats

Front Squats

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Anyone else have a problem doing front squats? I've tried every variation/grip but keep getting pain shooting down my shoulders and through my biceps when the weight gets heavy. The last time i had to stop training shoulders for a month until the pain stopped.

Anyone have this problem or know how i could solve it?
No.
I find it impossible to front squat. No matter what I try I can not get into position.
Evis
I assume you are not a weightlifter, so maybe just do them without holding the bar?
Sounds like your bicep tendons are 'c**ted', 'f**ked' or just plain useless.
Get flexible and do a clean grip, all these issues that people have will go away forever, its worth it for a couple of months stretching.
I can do clean grip and I've tried it both narrow and wide. I'll try getting more flexible over the next few months and try it again though.

I don't think my biceps tendons are knackered because I can to any bicep workout, atlas stones, loading etc

I've tried cross arm grip and using straps too. I think it's something to do with the pressure on my shoulders/front delt.
Try zombie squats
maybe post a vid of you doing front squats? someone might see what could be causing problems
ursus said:Try zombie squats

^This
ZMA_junkie said:I can do clean grip and I've tried it both narrow and wide. I'll try getting more flexible over the next few months and try it again though.

I don't think my biceps tendons are knackered because I can to any bicep workout, atlas stones, loading etc

I've tried cross arm grip and using straps too. I think it's something to do with the pressure on my shoulders/front delt.

there obviously an issue with your biceps if you put pressure on your shoulder, and pain radiates down them?
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosFront Squats
Return to top View Desktop Site