You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsACL Rehab Journal

ACL Rehab Journal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

WILLSANIcon...22-01-2014 @ 15:42 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
good to see youre fixed mate. are you still lifting?
CarlIcon...22-01-2014 @ 15:46 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
i am training mondays and wednesdays in season, mondays are typically single leg work, using a lot of the excercises my physios gave me, and occasionally, every 3weeks or so, some deadlifts. More interested in injury prevention than anything else with this session, normally finsh with some circuits.

Rugby training has increased in quality as there are some new coaches, so i am getting more out of them, and there is a bigger phys element to them, which is good!

Incline benched 130 for 3x3 last wednesday, box squatted 180x5 in december.
bigbadbishIcon...22-01-2014 @ 16:20 
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
Carl said:haha yea played 40 for the thirds on the 4th of jan which was my first run back, absoloutely creamed their 9 as he thought he could run through me, it was amazing.

Got my first start for the 2nd team on saturday, we are playing on a 3g pitch which will be an experience!

Thanks a lot for your help through the rehab Bish, it was massively appreciated!

No problem mate, didn't really do much. Do you get your knee strapped to play? Have you trained or played on 3g before?

Carl said:i am training mondays and wednesdays in season, mondays are typically single leg work, using a lot of the excercises my physios gave me, and occasionally, every 3weeks or so, some deadlifts. More interested in injury prevention than anything else with this session, normally finsh with some circuits.

Rugby training has increased in quality as there are some new coaches, so i am getting more out of them, and there is a bigger phys element to them, which is good!

Incline benched 130 for 3x3 last wednesday, box squatted 180x5 in december.

From a prevention point of view a possible way of reducing re-injury is to ensure you have a eccentric hamstring to concentric quad ratio of more than 0.7 (ideally 0.9 to 1.0). Without a isokinetic testing machine it tough to measure but basically as a general rule do s**t loads of eccentric hamstring work as almost all rugby players are very quad dominant. Think exercises such as SL RDLs 4second eccentric work on various leg curl machines, GHR and Nordic curls.

You also want symmetry with our non injured side so make sure you can move the same weight on you injured side as your non injured in isolated single leg movements.
VanillaGorillaIcon...22-01-2014 @ 17:46 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
bigbadbish said:
From a prevention point of view a possible way of reducing re-injury is to ensure you have a eccentric hamstring to concentric quad ratio of more than 0.7 (ideally 0.9 to 1.0). Without a isokinetic testing machine it tough to measure but basically as a general rule do s**t loads of eccentric hamstring work as almost all rugby players are very quad dominant. Think exercises such as SL RDLs 4second eccentric work on various leg curl machines, GHR and Nordic curls.
You also want symmetry with our non injured side so make sure you can move the same weight on you injured side as your non injured in isolated single leg movements.

You got a study for this Bish?
bigbadbishIcon...22-01-2014 @ 17:58 
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:
You got a study for this Bish?

Not to hand mate, might have some on my work computer. I recall a study on Swedish footballers, but I don't think there are too many studies as they tend to be a bit unethical, ie if you find a defict you have to address it and not leave it and wait for acl rupture. Just going off recommendations from EiS rehabilitationist who does a lot of knee work, and what I use as a target when working with acl guys.

Another indicator I have heard is conc/ecc hamstring strength endurance with 15reps @180deg per sec but I'm not convinced on that one.
CarlIcon...22-01-2014 @ 18:03 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
bigbadbish said:

thats why i have put more effort into the single leg work than the squats etc as i was putting more weight trough the non injured leg, my non injured quad is also bigger at around 2" more than the operated leg.

will definitely be ramping up the deadlifts and will introduce negative ghds or partner assisted
CarlIcon...22-01-2014 @ 18:35 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
and no ive not played on a 3g pitch before and no ive not been playing with it strapped

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsACL Rehab Journal
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions