Wrong name on boarding pass

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

DanIconWrong name on boarding pass14-04-2014 @ 14:54 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Quick opinions needed please guys.
I've booked flights for myself and my son to Spain with Ryanair, flying tomorrow.
I've checked in on line, I don't have to go to the check in desk and we only have hand luggage so I'm basically straight to customs and the boarding gate.
However, on printing the boarding passes I noticed they both have my name on.
My Son is 15, same surname, different first name, just the two of us travelling.
I've called Ryanair and they want £140 for a "name change" even though I'm pretty sure it's their cock up, I wouldn't enter my own name as both passengers !
What's the chances of this being a problem at the airport ?
chaosIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:01 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Big problem! Just kick off with them that they f**ked up! Had to go through same thing other day, slightly different circumstances as it was travel agent that f**ked up. The names on tickets have to match passport. Get it done ASAP as well
ThingIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:09 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Go Full Retard at the Airport
MrSmallIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:19 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Dan said:Quick opinions needed please guys.
I've booked flights for myself and my son to Spain with Ryanair, flying tomorrow.
I've checked in on line, I don't have to go to the check in desk and we only have hand luggage so I'm basically straight to customs and the boarding gate.
However, on printing the boarding passes I noticed they both have my name on.
My Son is 15, same surname, different first name, just the two of us travelling.
I've called Ryanair and they want £140 for a "name change" even though I'm pretty sure it's their cock up, I wouldn't enter my own name as both passengers !
What's the chances of this being a problem at the airport ?

There is a reasonable chance there will be a problem about this at the airport, I am sorry to say. There isn't any real reason why they would not notice the boarding pass name was different to the passport name, that's essentially all they check most of the time. All airlines are c**ts with this online checkin and subsequent change stuff, they charge huge fees and open the checkin about a month before the flight just to encourage you to slip up and pay a fortune.

How did it print off the same name twice? Is it on your boarding pass online when you go to print it or on your ticket purchase receipt or anywhere else?
DanIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:22 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Thing said:Go Full Retard at the Airport

To be fair, my first thoughts were both boarding passes had my name on because he is a minor and he is travelling with me. I can't possibly have entered my own name as both passengers so I thought it had been done on purpose by their computers.

I've googled "wrong name on boarding pass" and most of the comments seem to say they won't even notice, especially as I have already checked in on line.
DanIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:27 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
MrSmall said:
There is a reasonable chance there will be a problem about this at the airport, I am sorry to say. There isn't any real reason why they would not notice the boarding pass name was different to the passport name, that's essentially all they check most of the time. All airlines are c**ts with this online checkin and subsequent change stuff, they charge huge fees and open the checkin about a month before the flight just to encourage you to slip up and pay a fortune.
How did it print off the same name twice? Is it on your boarding pass online when you go to print it or on your ticket purchase receipt or anywhere else?

Oh s**te :-(
On the phone the Ryanair call centre guy said I had obviously entered my name as both passengers but there is no way I would type in my own name twice !
He said he couldn't change the name for free as it was my mistake and it would cost £140 to change it !
LuuuuuukeyIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:31 
Hill sprints are fun!
Member 731, 3253 posts
SQ 200, BP 127.5, DL 232.5
560.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Unlucky and 140 quid just to change a name soudns an awful lot.

However, is there not a slight chance that you just made a mistake?
MrSmallIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:32 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Yeah they are a massive pain in the ass mate. Although it does sound odd that it is your name on there twice.
MrSmallIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:35 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
With me it is things like changing the date, which costs 30 quid + the difference in ticket, but also if I check in a few days early, there is almost always something wrong with the ticket or the flight and it messes the whole thing up. So I hold off until I am about 20 minutes away from leaving the house. Not that it would have helped you here!
DanIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:38 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Luuuuuukey said:Unlucky and 140 quid just to change a name soudns an awful lot.

However, is there not a slight chance that you just made a mistake?

I've thought about this but two boxes opened on the screen, passenger 1 and passenger 2, there is no way I would type my own name in both boxes and therefore assumed it had been done on purpose because he is a child.
DanIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:41 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
MrSmall said:With me it is things like changing the date, which costs 30 quid + the difference in ticket, but also if I check in a few days early, there is almost always something wrong with the ticket or the flight and it messes the whole thing up. So I hold off until I am about 20 minutes away from leaving the house. Not that it would have helped you here!

Yeah I booked everthing yesterday and went straight to on line check in. I fly tomorrow so was just getting everything together when I noticed both boarding passes have my name on. I wasn't even going to query it as I thought it was because he is a child but then a friend said no, one should have my son's name and one should have my name so I thought I would call and check.
£140 to change the name is pretty much the cost of the flights and he was VERY pushy on the phone to take the money off me.
MrSmallIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:45 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Yes some companies are just flat out rude, basically because they can be. EasyJet in my experience is not one of them any time I've had trouble. I know what you are saying them being the cost of the flights, its probably even more than the base ticket costs. But that's how they make money, as you have no other real choice. Did you ask if you can change at the airport? If so, you could play dumb and hope the people there are nice about you and your boy going on your holiday, and if not, just pay up as you would have to anyway. At the end of the day you will remember a) RyanAir are c**ts b) Be very careful with every detail c) your great time with your boy in Spain!
Funky_monkeyIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:45 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Explain that this isn't you trying to scam them. Try saying you've made an honest mistake and you put your own name down twice. You won't be buying two seats for yourself. If they ask you to pay, politely ask to speak to their supervisor.
DanIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:52 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Funky_monkey said:Explain that this isn't you trying to scam them. Try saying you've made an honest mistake and you put your own name down twice. You won't be buying two seats for yourself. If they ask you to pay, politely ask to speak to their supervisor.

Yeah I'm hoping if it is noticed in the first place then it's someone reasonable who sees a dad taking his son on holiday and realises it's a simple mistake.
If I have to buy another ticket then so be it, but I think I'll gamble on it either not being noticed or just being waved through.
DanIcon...14-04-2014 @ 15:52 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
MrSmall said:Yes some companies are just flat out rude, basically because they can be. EasyJet in my experience is not one of them any time I've had trouble. I know what you are saying them being the cost of the flights, its probably even more than the base ticket costs. But that's how they make money, as you have no other real choice. Did you ask if you can change at the airport? If so, you could play dumb and hope the people there are nice about you and your boy going on your holiday, and if not, just pay up as you would have to anyway. At the end of the day you will remember a) RyanAir are c**ts b) Be very careful with every detail c) your great time with your boy in Spain!

It's £30 dearer to buy a completely new return ticket !!!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions