REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 185 guests
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWorlds strongest man

Worlds strongest man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 99100101102103104105106107108109

terryhollandsIcon...03-04-2014 @ 02:39 
Avatar
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
There was big talk this year about suits being banned next year at wsm and giants live, so much so id be surprised if they dont get banned
Marc_WellsIcon...03-04-2014 @ 05:54 
Member 4513, 12 posts
Post Edited: 03.04.2014 @ 05:55 AM by Marc_Wells
terryhollands said:There was big talk this year about suits being banned next year at wsm and giants live, so much so id be surprised if they dont get banned


In saying that, how much of the population actually know that suits are used or even know what one does? At WSM you have to wear your competition shirt over the top - Giants its ok. If its in the rules, you do it. I dont understand if 80% of the competitors use a suit and the others dont people feel that the 20% that didnt use a suit are being ripped off?
What are your thoughts Terry?
chaosIcon...03-04-2014 @ 06:02 
Avatar
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 03.04.2014 @ 06:03 AM by chaos
I'm all for using suits in strongman! For me its all about the show and if wearing a suit helps the competitors lift more weight or move it more times then the better! The strongest guy will still win! Thor wasn't unlucky; he chose not to wear briefs or suit even though they are allowed, just as tacky is, straps are, elbow sleeves.....

If you want to show off static strenght then unequipped powerlifting is the stage to do that!

edit: just seen post above! my sentiments exactly!
terryhollandsIcon...03-04-2014 @ 06:23 
Avatar
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Marc_Wells said:
In saying that, how much of the population actually know that suits are used or even know what one does? At WSM you have to wear your competition shirt over the top - Giants its ok. If its in the rules, you do it. I dont understand if 80% of the competitors use a suit and the others dont people feel that the 20% that didnt use a suit are being ripped off?
What are your thoughts Terry?


I feel some guys get much more out of a suit than others so that doesn't make them stronger. I personally think they should be banned. I wear suits but get have no issue with not wearing them as I get next to nothing
HeavyFuelIcon...03-04-2014 @ 12:22 
Member 4760, 203 posts
Do suits offer some protection against injury?

That would be the only reason to continue to allow them.
JCIcon...03-04-2014 @ 13:45 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:There was big talk this year about suits being banned next year at wsm and giants live, so much so id be surprised if they dont get banned


I think if suits go, elbow sleeves have to go too

% wise, they give just as much as a suit
PaulSavageIcon...03-04-2014 @ 13:53 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
HeavyFuel said:Do suits offer some protection against injury?

That would be the only reason to continue to allow them.

Certainly not for a deadlift, infact would say you are more likely to get injured wearing a suit as getting into a good position is made harder.
LessThanLukeIcon...03-04-2014 @ 14:18 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6251 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Certainly not for a deadlift, infact would say you are more likely to get injured wearing a suit as getting into a good position is made harder.


I disagree. I feel invincible when I pull in the suit. Back feels wayyy more protected and I ache far less afterwards compared to pulling raw.
Benfrancis1993Icon...03-04-2014 @ 14:32 
Avatar
Cut toe in half = bad day.
Member 4359, 3581 posts
SQ 270, BP 140, DL 310
720.0 kgs @ 137kgs UnEq
LessThanLuke said:
I disagree. I feel invincible when I pull in the suit. Back feels wayyy more protected and I ache far less afterwards compared to pulling raw.


weird too, as your a back heavy puller
PaulSavageIcon...03-04-2014 @ 15:05 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
LessThanLuke said:
I disagree. I feel invincible when I pull in the suit. Back feels wayyy more protected and I ache far less afterwards compared to pulling raw.

To be fair, my back is too long to really ever get into a good position for deadlift but i felt the suit made it even harder personally.
MrSmallIcon...03-04-2014 @ 15:24 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
LessThanLuke said:
I disagree. I feel invincible when I pull in the suit. Back feels wayyy more protected and I ache far less afterwards compared to pulling raw.


Clint Darden agrees with you
LessThanLukeIcon...03-04-2014 @ 15:58 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6251 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Benfrancis1993 said:
weird too, as your a back heavy puller


Honestly after pulling in the suit it feels like I haven't done anything.
shanejerIcon...03-04-2014 @ 16:00 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
LessThanLuke said:
Honestly after pulling in the suit it feels like I haven't done anything.


Awsome isn't it lol
bigbadbishIcon...03-04-2014 @ 16:47 
Avatar
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
LessThanLuke said:
Honestly after pulling in the suit it feels like I haven't done anything.


I'm the opposite.

When I used a deadlift suit it felt like a full on fitness session getting the thing on and off! Brought me out in a mop sweat. I guess that's what I get when taking suit sizing advice from bullet-tooth Tony! Grin
terryhollandsIcon...03-04-2014 @ 17:21 
Avatar
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
JC said:
I think if suits go, elbow sleeves have to go too
% wise, they give just as much as a suit


The rules at wsm actually state neoprene elbow sleeves only but its something theyve let slide in recent years.

12345678910 ... ... 99100101102103104105106107108109

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWorlds strongest man
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions