Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitVans?

Vans?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Right guys. As i've got a bike again I'm thinking of getting a van/crew bus type thingy.
So what would you be looking at and any good insurers. By the way VW are a bit expensive for my pocket. Although i do like the big LT's. Ta
I do enjoy a good van. There's something about driving a big old diesel wagon that makes you feel at least 50% more manly.

I'm fond of the LDV convoy.
To be honest I am more thinking along the swb lines. So transit/vivaro size
Jabba
Post Edited: 08.07.2012 @ 11:31 AM by Jabba
What's wrong with an estate car or a Megane Scenic or Xsara Picasso type car ? Practical enough so you can use it every day but plently of room for the bike if you move/remove the seats.

I have a Laguna estate and it fits the bill perfectly. Having a second vehicle just for the bike works out very expensive.

Edit: I assume you mean bicycle, not motor bike.....If you mean motor, just dismiss my rambling.Happy
VanillaGorilla said:I do enjoy a good van. There's something about driving a big old diesel wagon that makes you feel at least 50% more manly.

I'm fond of the LDV convoy.

I like your current van
VW - Transporter
Yep Transporter T-4

Can't go wrong.
I have used a
transit, good size inside, good for loading/unloading materials and good head height.

Hi ace is good for plant and tools but mot as spacious etc so not as easy for loading/unloading

A colleague of mine is a commercial building contractor and he uses the renault van(big one) and is happy with them.

I am a small contractor and I use a nissan navara crew cab with a carry boy canopy, its good for plant and tools and electrical and plumbing fixtures and fittings and getting lads from a to b, but I do need most materials delivered or to rent a trailor.

I am considering buying a flat bed for blocks and sand/hardcore etc transport as I get bussier.

What wwill you use it for? Good luck!
Had a Vivaro for a couple of days last year to move house, seemed ok to me. Build quality on the sliding door catches / handles etc was not the best though, if you're going to be loading / opening a lot I'd worry that they'd fall apart.
bigladlusk said:I have used a
transit, good size inside, good for loading/unloading materials and good head height.

Hi ace is good for plant and tools but mot as spacious etc so not as easy for loading/unloading

A colleague of mine is a commercial building contractor and he uses the renault van(big one) and is happy with them.

I am a small contractor and I use a nissan navara crew cab with a carry boy canopy, its good for plant and tools and electrical and plumbing fixtures and fittings and getting lads from a to b, but I do need most materials delivered or to rent a trailor.

I am considering buying a flat bed for blocks and sand/hardcore etc transport as I get bussier.

is the Navara ok for Ply sheets?
Jabba said:What's wrong with an estate car or a Megane Scenic or Xsara Picasso type car ? Practical enough so you can use it every day but plently of room for the bike if you move/remove the seats.

I have a Laguna estate and it fits the bill perfectly. Having a second vehicle just for the bike works out very expensive.

Edit: I assume you mean bicycle, not motor bike.....If you mean motor, just dismiss my rambling.Happy

I have a Vectra estate at the moment and not a slow 1.9 either and although my mountain bike will go in it won't go in with the dogs aswell and no way will my kawasaki zx9r go in it
bigladlusk said:I have used a

I do like the navara and considered a new one earlier in the year but i don't fancy trying to get a motorbike up there
Thing said:
is the Navara ok for Ply sheets?

the one i have is a cew cab with a canopy so NO i have to cut them in half.

the single cab will facilitate ply sheets etc.
deleted2_20210523
deleted
A lot handier having to change/clean the inline filter than having all the s**t getting in the engine though eh? Wink

I had a 09 SWB low roof transit and loved it! Wasn't huge but you could get full sheets of ply or pallets in between the wheel arches no problem. Nice low floor if you had to shift bikes about too.

Got an L200 now and I love it too but kinda miss the load space of the transit sometimes Unhappy

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitVans?
Return to top View Desktop Site