REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → General Bullshit → How much yer curl?

How much yer curl?

samue1sonIconHow much yer curl?08-10-2020 @ 05:37 
Avatar
Member 4416, 1391 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 255
640.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Recently saw what is possibly a new, or resurging trend.

Strict curling and/or obscene cheat curls.

Possibly fake weights too knowing the current landscape.

I did 3 respectable barbell curls at 60kg yesterday, plus a 4th cheat up and holding negative.

Wouldn't mind a 70kg strict curl but can't prioritise training for it.

Anybody else orgasmic about arms?
dannyboy73Icon...08-10-2020 @ 09:15 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8170 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
i curl b/w.
I am the job
The_Lone_WolfIcon...08-10-2020 @ 09:15 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 3014 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
I have spaghetti arms, and curl absolutely nothing.

However, when I return to the gym, I'm confident I can at least curl an empty EZ bar for 1.
Funky_monkeyIcon...08-10-2020 @ 09:42 
Avatar
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
I can cheat out hammers with the 35s.
EZ Bar probably 50-60kg for 5 reps without swinging
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...08-10-2020 @ 10:37 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22989 posts
Never been a bicep man. I'm much stronger in the lower arm. I've curled a lame 69kg on a barbell, but my arms don't supinate(?) too well. Can't really do it now due to a problem with my left arm.

Surprisingly, I did come joint first in the curl event at the Big Gay Bash comp (very strict rules)...

https://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/Ed-and-fannies-Big--Gay-Bash-...

And I did win an impromptu max curl event at a party many many years ago Grin
EDCLARKEIcon...08-10-2020 @ 18:29 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Never been a bicep man. I'm much stronger in the lower arm. I've curled a lame 69kg on a barbell, but my arms don't supinate(?) too well. Can't really do it now due to a problem with my left arm.

Surprisingly, I did come joint first in the curl event at the Big Gay Bash comp (very strict rules)...

https://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/Ed-and-fannies-Big--Gay-Bash-...

And I did win an impromptu max curl event at a party many many years ago Grin


where have all the videos gone?
dannyboy73Icon...06-11-2020 @ 10:51 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8170 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
today:
bw @77k.
35k x 15
50k x 10
63k x 6
cheat curls:
bw plus 1k (78k) x 2
all @ 15. 1/2 inches... size aint everything...
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...06-11-2020 @ 11:18 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22989 posts
Strong Danny! I'm also at 15.5 inches at the moment... but I can't do what you've just done Happy
dannyboy73Icon...06-11-2020 @ 12:46 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8170 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
blush Grin

and tbh...I can't do half what your shoulders can do sir Happy

Wayne_Cowdrey said:Strong Danny! I'm also at 15.5 inches at the moment... but I can't do what you've just done Happy
You are here: Home → Forum → General Bullshit → How much yer curl?
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions