Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

CuddlesIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:26 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
baldt said:
has there ever been anyone actually charged, fined, given a criminal record for this?
I doubt it. so there is no real legal deterrent because the law is not enforced.

I see people getting fined on the train on a weekly basis.

There are plenty of people who get summoned to court, a hefty fine and a criminal record for this, repeat offenders.
ursusIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:27 
Man up and have a fuckin coffee
Member 2086, 9717 posts
SQ 340, BP 252.5, DL 300
892.5 kgs @ 158kgs UnEq
Carl said:
me neither but im sure your a c**t because your a c**t, rather than because your hunky-chunky

Grin Cool
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:29 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
in this isolated incident though Martin, are the actions of the individual justified? from the video the conductor appears polite, the scrote swears repeatedly and confirmed on facebook he had been thrown off for non payment before the video went viral.

He has claimed that he wasnt given a chance to present the ticket but the video I saw, which I assume started some time after the incident started, lasts for 2mins 30 secs. in that time it would be reasonable to think a Heriot Watt student could explain himself articulately to the conductor.

now the "big man" faces a charge of assault for this scrotes actions.

Im not saying Scotrail are not c**ts, they are.
CuddlesIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:30 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
martinb said:not defending the guy at all, he shouldn't have used language like that, but I get a train on that route, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone else had told him his ticket was valid. I have been in that situation a couple of times. I've had a conductor accuse me of evading platform staff (who obviously weren't there) and threaten to throw me off a train (while swearing at me I may add). I've also had station staff blatantly lie to me about a train leaving early, then just turn away and ignore me when I realised and questioned them. Hell one of the station staff at Edinburgh park eyeballs me every single day.

I have never experienced as consistently bad customer service from any other organisation

I have also, on numerous occasions, been told one thing by one member of staff and another by another.

I have had numerous and often very vocal arguments with them.

I have never been physically thrown off the train by another passenger and I will quite happily see anyone who does in court.

In fact, it is often the opposite, that other members of the public join in the argument, on my side.

Travel a lot by train and you will encounter serial incompetence.
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:32 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
Cuddles said:
I see people getting fined on the train on a weekly basis.
There are plenty of people who get summoned to court, a hefty fine and a criminal record for this, repeat offenders.

the maximum is £1000 fine or 3 months in prison. why must this only be applied to repeat offenders? dish it out on the 2nd offence, jail them. create a deterrent, watch the rates of crime fall.
davycummingsIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:34 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:I think Joni meant, would everyone be so quick to physically force him off the train?

In an ideal world society would not tolerate that kind of behaviour at all, and everyone on the train would be against someone behaving like that, so noone could feel it was ok to behave like that whether they were 6'4 and 20 stone or 4'6 and 8 stone.

Shouldn't matter. If society at large didn't sit back and tolerate beople being like that then it would happen a lot less.

I believe we all have a duty as part of society to challenge antisocial behaviour of all kinds, as it is in the public interest.
CuddlesIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:34 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
baldt said:
the maximum is £1000 fine or 3 months in prison. why must this only be applied to repeat offenders? dish it out on the 2nd offence, jail them. create a deterrent, watch the rates of crime fall.

And what of the person who buys a ticket and loses it? (I have done this twice this year.)

Do I go to prison too?
CuddlesIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:37 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
davycummings said:
In an ideal world society would not tolerate that kind of behaviour at all, and everyone on the train would be against someone behaving like that, so noone could feel it was ok to behave like that whether they were 6'4 and 20 stone or 4'6 and 8 stone.
Shouldn't matter. If society at large didn't sit back and tolerate beople being like that then it would happen a lot less.
I believe we all have a duty as part of society to challenge antisocial behaviour of all kinds, as it is in the public interest.

I dont disagree one bit.

I will admit though, that I often take the cowards approach. I live in one of the most deproved sreas of London and well, I value my life.
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:38 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
then you can prove either through CCTV video evidence at the station or using your bank statement. they would not convict. it would not even get to court.
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:41 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
davycummings said:

totally agree.

unfortunately our society thinks differently. 25% of all children grow up in single parent families (49% of black children). we don't value the family unit let alone society or community. its every man for himself.
CuddlesIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:41 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
baldt said:then you can prove either through CCTV video evidence at the station or using your bank statement. they would not convict. it would not even get to court.

Lots of stations dont have CCTV and my bank statement (with the Halifax) often gets the time and date of my transaction COMPLETELY wrong. As in, the dates can be 2 or 3 days out. I also buy 9 oe 10 different tickets a week.

Now what do I do?
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:45 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
then when you go to court your lawyer requests the bank details of the card machine from the rail company detailing every transaction recorded on it that morning also showing the bank account the payments came from. take a photo of your ticket with your phone.

would you honestly not take a bit more care with your ticket if your freedom depended on it?
davycummingsIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:48 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:
I dont disagree one bit.
I will admit though, that I often take the cowards approach. I live in one of the most deproved sreas of London and well, I value my life.

I totally understand why an individual may be wary of stepping in, particularly in a difficult area. That is where society at large not tolerating these things would make a big difference.

I live in a place that has always had a sense of community and general public intolerance of antisocial behaviour. If you stepped half a step out of line when I was a kid you got a bollocking from whoever saw you, and it would be refered to the local police, or your parents, and neither was an easy option. It meant most people behaved.

I see this being constantly eroded, people are now scared to challenge bad behaviour, they complain about it to all that will listen after the fact, but dont feel they will get backed up if they challenge the situation at the time, and the perpetrator gets agressive (quite common now Unhappy)

I cant help but challenge it, it is less nice a place than when I grew up, and i dont want it to continue getting worse, I want it to be a decent place for people to continue growing up, not a place where all kinds of c**tish behaviour is tolerated
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:48 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
or just bash on, lose the ticket, expect every scrote under the sun to take advantage of lax enforcement and watch the rot set in.

to be fair to the Scotrail staff, how any one can approach the situation in a polite manner after dealing with every whining, fare dodging t**t under the sun day in day out is beyond me. seeing the same repeat offenders every day getting away with the same crime must ruin their lives even more.
baldtIcon...14-12-2011 @ 14:51 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
davycummings said:
I totally understand why an individual may be wary of stepping in, particularly in a difficult area. That is where society at large not tolerating these things would make a big difference.
I live in a place that has always had a sense of community and general public intolerance of antisocial behaviour. If you stepped half a step out of line when I was a kid you got a bollocking from whoever saw you, and it would be refered to the local police, or your parents, and neither was an easy option. It meant most people behaved.
I see this being constantly eroded, people are now scared to challenge bad behaviour, they complain about it to all that will listen after the fact, but dont feel they will get backed up if they challenge the situation at the time, and the perpetrator gets agressive (quite common now Unhappy)
I cant help but challenge it, it is less nice a place than when I grew up, and i dont want it to continue getting worse, I want it to be a decent place for people to continue growing up, not a place where all kinds of c**tish behaviour is tolerated

I grew up in a similar place and it depresses me to see the rot creep up from the bottom

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions