Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsDumfries novice strongman comp sept 25th

Dumfries novice strongman comp sept 25th

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

jeremy1987
Sound mate thanks al cum down watch wil be a good comp to watch! Ur wee fella wil be good at that comp!Happy
I think I might be game for this.
hoponbaby
Beard said:I think I might be game for this.

Dont waste time thinking about it m8Grin , go for it..Goin to be a good comp with the names we've got..
Hmmmmmm....
Hi was wondering if there was any update re the weight of the deadlift hold and whether it will be with or without straps.

Also, roughly how high will the stones have to be loaded on the barrels/Yoke.

Cheers,
Neil Benvie
hoponbaby
Hi Neil, were going to be testing the grip event this weenend, also we will be testing the prowler for weight, as the tyre has to be flipped 3 times first so we need to find the right balance so lads can finish the whole medley without it bein to easy or to hard so that no one makes it to the 140kg cross..
Will also measure the barrels but they are roughly 54"..Confirm everything on saturday

Cheers
Neil M
Never thought I'd say this, but looks a bit light for me and more of a cardio session so will give it a miss.
november
Sounds like a good comp.... I'll def do this if I can get the night off work. How many r in so far?
hoponbaby
Stetec said:Never thought I'd say this, but looks a bit light for me and more of a cardio session so will give it a miss.

Find yourself a good open comp then.....
hoponbaby
november said:Sounds like a good comp.... I'll def do this if I can get the night off work. How many r in so far?

Hi Novenber we've got 18 lads that have put their name down, did'nt take long for lads to decide they were up for it..If you would like to be first reserve just pm me with your details..

cheers
Neil..
november
hoponbaby said:
Hi Novenber we've got 18 lads that have put their name down, did'nt take long for lads to decide they were up for it..If you would like to be first reserve just pm me with your details..
cheers
Neil..

Pm sent cheers. Any updates just pm me please. Cheers kev
hoponbaby
november said:
Pm sent cheers. Any updates just pm me please. Cheers kev

Pm sent back m8..

Thanks for all the interest in the comp lads, we have decided there is now enough names down, got a really good selection of lads doing the comp..
We will keep everybody updated with how the competition is progressing..
Cheers
Neil Martin..
Any chance of a list of competitors Neil? Couple more guys from HQ were looking to do it, pity it's full already.
hoponbaby
buzz said:Any chance of a list of competitors Neil? Couple more guys from HQ were looking to do it, pity it's full already.

Hi buzz, i've txt your lad Ozi back,he's now first reserve as we've opened the comp up to 20 competitors as we've had so much interest..

Competitors
Richard Goddard
Ian Gibson
Morgan Dunn
Lewis Mitchell
Neil Benvie
Andrew Johnston
James Wolstencroft
Jordan Lyons
Davie Easton
Damien Murphy
Ben Makin
Kevan Williams*
Greg Thompson*
Steven Cluckie
Big Kev Sturgeon
Brian Currie
Wullie Ferguson
Martin Kirkpatrick
Steven Murray
Kieran Richards

Reserve
Ozi Udeze

* Theese lads need to confirm with a contact number by the 19th august thanks *
hoponbaby
The side handle grip has been set with a 375kg tyre on the frame, no straps will be allowed on this event..
The weight for the prowler will be 110kg, not a huge amount of weight but the surface it will be on creates alot of added friction..
After Stuart has done his comp we will all sit down and discuss all the times for the events then will let everyboy know..

thanks
Neil M

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsDumfries novice strongman comp sept 25th
Return to top View Desktop Site