REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Cookie's Journal

Cookie's Journal

12345678

CookieIcon...04-09-2009 @ 11:33 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Friday 4th Sept

Continued back with session 9 of the "Add 50 bench" program:

Bench
60 x 3
70 x 3
77.5 x 5
77.5 x 5
85 x 3
85 x 3
85 x 3 (This was the "to failure" set, and according to the program I'm still on track)

Dips
BW x 5, x 5, x 5

Chins
BW x 5, x 5, x 5

Getting ready to go back to Catt's for another bench session on Monday.
CookieIcon...10-09-2009 @ 14:18 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
With going on my hols tomorrow,
and having a 2 week enforced deload,
I decided to have a practice weight cut.

I hadn't checked my weight in a while,
but have been checking my waist measurement,
which has been slowly decreasing.

What surprised me was that I was 144lbs on Sunday night,
normally around 138,
so this is the heaviest I have been for awhile.

So here is my brief practice cut summary:

Sun 2200hrs - 144.0lbs

Mon 0800 - 140.6
1200 - 141.0 Did an hours light cardio but had a litre of water too
2100 - 142.2 No carbs, and drinking lots. Had some psylium husk stuff to clear out.

Tue 0900 - 138.2 Had to get up 3 times in the night to piss
2200 - 140.4 Still drinking a litre an hour all day

Wed 0800 - 136.4
1800 - 142.2 Been drinking loads of water with added Vit C. Stop drinking.
2200 - 137.0 Pissing every 30 mins during the football

THU 0800 - 134.4 Slept in thermals and didn't sleep due to sweating
0900 - 133.4 Did 30 mins light cardio still in thermals

Stopped the suffering here as I think I could have sweated it out down to 132 if I really needed to.
1100 - 139.4 Rehydrated with 4 litres of water/powerade stuff, eaten loads and ready for gym.

Thought I would work up to a DL 1RM, as I haven't worked on it for ages. My right quad has been plaguing me for weeks now, and so I pulled the plug early as I didn't want to mess up my hol.

Sumo DL (singles)
70 x 1, x 1, x 1, x1
90 x 1, x 1
110 x 1
130 x 1
145 x 1 Grinder and didn't think I had any more to give.

So in summary a bit dissappointing- I don't really know what I have learnt through the weight cutting experience except that I don't like it much.

Although if I come home from hols any heavier then I'll just stick to the 67.5kg class for my first comp as 10+ lbs is quite a bit for me to cut.
CookieIcon...10-09-2009 @ 14:20 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 10.09.2009 @ 14:20 PM by Cookie
Double post
CookieIcon...29-09-2009 @ 17:50 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Tue 29th Sept

Well I have returned from hols, so it was time to see how much work I have got to do pre-comp: the short answer is quite a bit.

I went with DL to see where I am at with a comp target of 165 by Nov.

DL
70 x 6 singles (mixed stances and grips)
90 x 2 singles (conv + sumo)
110 x 1 (sumo)
130 x F (sumo) --> x1 (conv) It just wasn't going to go in sumo so I switched stance straight away and it flew up. Normally I feel stronger in sumo but it was a real struggle.
140 x 1 (conv) Went slowly but didn't stick anywhere
150 x F (conv) Came up a couple of inches but it wasn't there.

This probably ranks as my best conv pull so far, as I normally only go with sumo. My plan is to work the DL hard with SLDL, Good Mornings, and rack lockouts, and see what happens over the next month.

Continued with:

DL Conv
110 x 3, x 3, x 3

GH Raise
3 x 5
CookieIcon...01-10-2009 @ 15:24 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Thurs 1st Oct

This was my get back into benching session.
Not too pleased but I know what I am up against.
Thought I would work up to a 3RM.

Bench
50 x 3
50 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 3
75 x 3
80 x 3
85 x 2 (this should have been an easy triple as I have tripled it 3 times in a session before)
70 x 3
70 x 3
70 x 3
CookieIcon...05-10-2009 @ 18:24 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Monday 5th Oct

2pm- Bench Session

Bench
40 x 5
50 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 6
75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 4
75 x 4

This is workout 1 from the Add 50 program. I got on with it quite well before my hols, so I'm hoping to use it twice a week to peak for Nov.

5pm - DL session

Dl on a step
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 1
140 x 1

conv DL
145 x 1

step DL
110 x 3
110 x 3
110 x 3

I'm using the step to increase my ROM and make me work harder. I'll raise it up in little increments and see where I can get my DL up to.
richards9876Icon...05-10-2009 @ 21:03 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Nice work on the deads mate.
CookieIcon...08-10-2009 @ 18:34 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Cheers Chris.

Thurs 8th Oct

2pm Bench
40 x 5
50 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 3
80 x 3
85 x 2
85 x 2
85 x 2

Happy with the benching, there was a triple available at 85, so things are coming back and I want to peak for 95+ by the comp.

5pm Squat
50 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 3
80 x 3
90 x 3
100 x 3
110 x 1
110 x 1

I'm still a bit disappointed that I'm not past the 120kg I've been on for awhile. Plan is probably to make sure 120 is def in the bag, and cane it over xmas and see what happens.
CookieIcon...12-10-2009 @ 18:27 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Monday 12th October

9am - Deadlift session
Conv on step 40 x 10, 70 x 5, 90 x 2, 110 x 2
sumo (no step) 130 x 1, 140 x 1, 150 x 1

110 x 1 (sumo)
110 x 1 (conv)
110 x 1 (sumo)
110 x 1 (conv) all with 30 secs rest

Quite happy with the sumo again now. I didn't have my belt with me today, but felt happy that there might be a little more there.

5pm - Bench Session
60 x 3
72.5 x 6
77.5 x 5
77.5 x 5
77.5 x 4
77.5 x 4

Solid benching. Happy with this, and just want to keep building it up.
CookieIcon...15-10-2009 @ 18:02 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Thursday 15th October

10am - Squats
40 x 3
70 x 3
90 x 3
100 x 1
110 x 1
115 x 1
100 x 2

Changed back to normal Converse trainers as opposed to the OL shoes. Don't know what difference it really makes to me, except I noticed my knees caving in more when I came up. Prob felt stronger though, and didn't have quad pain as normal.

4.30pm - Bench
40 x 5
60 x 3
70 x 3
80 x 1
85 x 1
90 x 1
90 x 1
BW Dips x 20

I asked for a lift and a spot on the 90's. Unfortunately they were a bit overzealous and helped with the lift despite asking not to. I still felt like I had it. Aiming for 95 soon.
CookieIcon...19-10-2009 @ 11:39 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Monday 19th October

Sumo DL
60 x 5
80 x 3
100 x 1
120 x 1
135 x 1
145 x 1
155 x 1

Bench
40 x 5
50 x 3
60 x 3
75 x 6
80 x 5
80 x 3
60 x 5 (all paused).

Really happy with the session, I feel like I'm building momentum with my deadlift, having just built back up to equalling my previous PB. I have one more heavy DL session next Monday, before I ease off for a 2 week pre-comp break.

Bench went fine. A fair few reps at a heavy % for me.
CookieIcon...26-10-2009 @ 19:54 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Monday 26th October

Well what a miserable week. My missus got "diagnosed" over the phone with swine flu on wednesday so I've been quarantined at home since then. Not the ideal lead in I wanted.

Finally managed to get out the house for a hard session.

9am- Bench
50 x 5
50 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 3
75 x 3
80 x 3
85 x 3
85 x 3

12- Sumo DL
50 x 5
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 1
120 x 1
130 x 1
140 x 1
150 x 1
Conv DL 100 x 10

Happy with both of those sessions after feeling under the weather all week.

Aiming for these attempts on 7th Nov, but will amend based on how I feel on day:
Squat: 110 115 120
Bench: 85 90 95
DL: 140 150 155
LuuuuuukeyIcon...27-10-2009 @ 15:59 
Avatar
Hill sprints are fun!
Member 731, 3253 posts
SQ 200, BP 127.5, DL 232.5
560.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Unlucky about the quarantine situation mate, good luck for the comp though!
CookieIcon...30-10-2009 @ 09:37 
Avatar
Member 711, 150 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208
453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq
Cheers mate.

Thurs 29th Oct

Last real session so wanted to work to squat and bench openers.

Squat
50 x 5
70 x 5
100 x 1
100 x 1
100 x 1

Gym was really busy last night so I just blew through the sets with 1 min rest. I think this gave me the confidence that 100 will be easy on the day.

Bench
50 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
80 x 3
85 x 1 paused

Again felt quite good. It should be better in the comp with a lift-off from the rack. Now to stretch off and make weight.
dan302Icon...30-10-2009 @ 09:43 
Avatar
i shy away from hard work
Member 549, 2761 posts
SQ 250, BP 132.5, DL 282.5
665.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
good luck with the comp mate Happy

12345678

You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Cookie's Journal
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions