| Cookie | ... | 26-06-2009 @ 16:25 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Squat ME Day - Fri 26th June GM bar x 10 30 x 5 40 x 5 50 x 5 60 x 3 70 x 3 80 x 3 90 x 1 x 5 sets (90 secs rest) Box Squats 65kg x 5 x 5sets (90 secs rest) G/H Raises 2 x 8 Hams were still killing and tight from the last session but warmups really made a difference- much better than my old way of 1 set with 50% then straight into it. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 29-06-2009 @ 10:22 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Bench Day - Mon 29th June Bench 65kg 6 sets x 3 (60 sec rest) 4 board press 80kg 5 sets x 5 (90 secs rest) Triceps Pulldown 32.5kg 3 sets x 12 (60 sec rest) Bench is still feeling better each session. Supposedly after the next 4 sessions I'll be able to triple my old PB... sounds interesting. The 4 board press is getting very hard. The hardest part was unracking it by myself so I left it resting on the Power rack support pins in between sets so I didn't have to unrack it and could remain tight. Seemed to work ok. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 02-07-2009 @ 16:09 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Wed 1st June DL (sumo) 70 x 6 110 x 4 130 x 6 singles These felt really hard. I'm going to put it down to the poor warmup as the 130 felt really hard the first time. It was fine by the 3-4th and then hard again after that. I was hoping it would be a breeze as I I'm going to retest my maxes soon. Oh well. Powercleans 60kg 6 x singles I have no technique at all with this but it felt ok. Would love to learn how to do it right. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 03-07-2009 @ 22:43 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Bench Day - Fri 3rd July Bench Bar x lots 30kg x 5 40 x 5 50 x 5 60 x 3 67.5 x 3 (x 6 sets with 45 secs rest) 4 board press 82.5 x 5 82.5 x 5 82.5 x 3 I was hoping for another 5 reps but this absolutely took it out of me. By doing them in the powerrack I had to start off the pins each rep. So it was hard work. Tri Pressdowns 30kg x 12 (x 3 sets) Happy with the session overall and looking forward to starting the Wendler 5/3/1 come Monday. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 06-07-2009 @ 14:47 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Monday 6th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 1 Day 1 Well today was the start of the Wendler 5/3/1 program. Squats are feeling alot better as I feel like I'm sitting back easier and easily getting the depth. This is hopefully through the box squats, and also from the Charles Staley tip of "sitting between your legs" to get the depth. Sounds stupid but seems to be working now. Squats bar x 10 30kg x 5 40 x 5 50 x 5 60 x 3 67.5 x 5 77.5 x 5 87.5 x 10 (Did these cluster style or more like breathing squats so that form didn't break down as much) Box Squats 50 x 7 50 x 7 50 x 7 50 x 7 (These were quite easy as I was being conservative after the squats) GH Raise BW x 6 BW x 5 | ||
| Cookie | ... | 08-07-2009 @ 11:00 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Wed 8th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 1 Day 2 Bench today. Benching for reps seems alot harder than doing it for other exercises- I can't maintain the back arch and leg drive for very long without getting cramp. Bench Bar x 10 30 x 5 40 x 5 52.5 x 5 (Start work sets) 60 x 5 70 x 8 DB Bench 40kg x7, x7, x7, x7 Tri Press 35kg x12, x12, x12 | ||
| Cookie | ... | 10-07-2009 @ 11:20 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Fri 10th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 1 Day 3 Today was Deadlift day which seems to be where I am weakest and can make the largest gains; as I'm something like 70kg short of the record (Compared to 30kg in squat and 12.5kg in BP). So I'm trying to hit this as hard as I can. Sumo DL Bar x 10 30 x 5 40 x 5 50 x 5 60 x 5 70 x 3 90 x 5 (Work sets) 102.5 x 5 115 x 11 The 5/3/1 excel spreadsheet I have has an Epley calculator built in. It suggests that I should be pulling more than 10 on the last set to show a likely improvement in my 1RM. So I was dragging it back up to make 10. Then I thought I'd pull another just to make sure. The liquid chalk I'm using seems to work so much better than my usual sweaty palms. SLDL 50kg 4 x 7 These are real grip testers for me and my forearms were throbbing afterwards. Now I have the hang of them I'll do them from a step to increase the ROM. Sternum Chins BW 3 x 5 I've been neglecting the rest of my back for a bit so thought I would add these in. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 13-07-2009 @ 17:49 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Mon 13th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 2 Day 1 Squats (Work sets only) 75k x 3 87.5 x 3 97.5 x 8 Busted a gut with these and was quite pleased with myself. Number 6 saw me lean a bit too far forward and have to GM the weight back up but overall they felt good. Box Squats 50kg 4 x 8 GH Raise BW x6, x6 So overall I'm pleased and think at the end of this I should be maxing out for PB's. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 15-07-2009 @ 22:13 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Wed 15th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 2 Day 2 Bench (warm up then...) 60kg x 3 65 x 3 72.5 x 9 Was quite pleased with the last set. Only expected to get around 6 so was pleased to get to 9. Felt like I could have grinded out one more but decided to save my shoulder for next week. Dips BW 4 sets of 7 Short and sweet session. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 20-07-2009 @ 16:49 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Thurs 16th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 2 Day 3 Had to squeeze in a quick session as was away for the weekend. Sumo DL (warm up then...) 92.5 x 3 110 x 3 122.5 x 3 (Didn't rep out here as had busy weekend planned) Step SLDL 50kg 4 x 7 Another quick session but indications were good. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 20-07-2009 @ 16:52 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Mon 20th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 3 Day 1 So for this week I decided to see where I am at. Under the 5/3/1 program I am meant to rep out on the last set. Instead as I was feeling good I decided to shoot for a PB. It wasn't pretty but I'm at the 2xBW mark and it's a 5kg PB. Squat 80 x 5 92.5 x 3 102.5 x 1 (should have repped out) 120 x 1 (PB by 5kg) Box Squat 55kg x 7 55 x 7 Dropped the volume as my hip was bugging me after the 1RM. Need it to last until friday when I hit a DL PB. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 22-07-2009 @ 18:54 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Wed 22nd July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 3 Day 2 I was a bit disappointed with today. I was all geared up to go in and try for a Bench PB but things were not to be: My hips were too tight from Monday's squat PB, there was no-one to get a lift-off or a spot from, and I forgot my wrist wraps. Add to that the 80kg felt very heavy so I bottled the PB attempt until next time. Bench 60kg x 5 70 x 3 80 x 1 , x 1, x 1 DB Bench 22.5Kg (x2) 4 x 7 | ||
| Cookie | ... | 24-07-2009 @ 17:50 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Thu 24th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 3 Day 3 A much better day all round. Came home from workand went to the gym and got out in 30 mins with a new PB in tow. Much better than Wednesday's disappointment. DL (Sumo): Bar x 10 50k x 5 70k x 5 100 x 5 120 x 2 130 x 1 155 x 1 New PB by 5kg! I don't know if this is a sumo-style thing but sometimes it feels like the bar isn't going to shift and I feel the tension rise and then the bar comes up nicely. The only sticking point I have is the floor --> it either goes up or it is a miserable fail. I think there was potentially more in the tank but I felt my right ham decide to grumble when the weight went down and so I called it a day. Making progress certainly helps me feel I haven't wasted the last 6 weeks. | ||
| Beard_Of_Iron | ... | 24-07-2009 @ 19:48 | |
Head of Department, Ministry of Beards Member 580, 2634 posts SQ 210, BP 115, DL 266591.0 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq | a nice PB, well done. | ||
| Cookie | ... | 27-07-2009 @ 12:30 | |
Member 711, 150 posts SQ 142.5, BP 102.5, DL 208453.0 kgs @ 60kgs UnEq | Thanks Beard. Mon 27th July - Wendler 5/3/1, Week 4 Day 1 This is a d*load week in the Wendler plan, allowing recovery from the PB setting of Week 3. Squat 45k x 5 55 x 5 65 x 5 Box Squats 55k 4 x 7 G/H Raise BW x 6, x 6 Although the top sets of the Squat were easy, adding the accessory lifts back in pushed up the volume so I know I've had a workout. Whereas the shorter sessions left me wanting to do more. | ||