REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 345 guests

British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Competition database entry found for this thread: BDFPA British Championships (un-equipped) (20-03-2011)

throwerIcon...27-03-2011 @ 11:41 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
SQ 250, BP 162.5, DL 287.5
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
This is in my view only.I am not appointed to this role (thank goodness its a nightmare)although previously l was WPU Doping officer.
BDFPA have tested many more than those tested at Bournemouth and use Lifters affiliation fees to finance their domestic testing programme.The £25 doping fee applies to International events.Similar to the IPF model.( IPF going up to 50 euros soon l understand).
BDFPA do NO notice testing out of competition.!!
Dean(GBPF) was on ADAMS at one time l believe which is the ultimate (currently)out of competition testing protocol.Basically anytime,anywhere as well.
GBPF is developing its testing from the evidence of the squads(notice given in advance)testing.Most welcome!! but not Adams! or BDFPA out of competition no notice testing which are the most effective protocols in my opinion.
BDFPA collection of samples procedures mimic WADA but are not independent of the Association.This means they are(in my opinion) probably not WADA approved.
I am speaking without full knowledge now but currently I believe the following exists.I am more than happy to be be enlightened further or put right.
IPF/GBPF Testing mandatory for 5% of lifters when testing takes place in competition.
WDFPF/BDFPA Testing mandatory for 10% of lifters when testing takes place in competition.
COSTS:- NO NOTICE OUT OF COMPETITION:- VERY EXPENSIVE AND DEMANDING
In competition with independent sample stewards:- about £400 +
In competition with federation appointed collection stewards £200+
Actual cost of testing to each Associations testing protocol is about the same.??
BDFPA TEST AT A HIGHER PROPORTION/GBPF TEST LOWER PROPORTION BUT TO FULL WADA INDEPENDENT COLLECTION STANDARDS.
Number of tests collected and processed to WADA approved labs is very significant in BDFPA.GBPF is now rising and hopefully will start going up domestically(sub international lifter)soon.
The leadership in both associations in the UK are genuine people doing their best and getting better step by step.My observations are positive in motive and hopefully accurate.
The reason l raised the whole issue was in response to a young lifter who wanted to know what testing was taking place at competitions l run.This topic is important and l am grateful for your inputs and inquiries which put dope testing in the priority position for BDFPA and GBPF.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Paul
LurkioIcon...27-03-2011 @ 11:56 
as deep as his fat little body will allow
Member 265, 4173 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 142.5, DL 235
600.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Thanks for your input Paul.
PeteGIcon...27-03-2011 @ 20:04 
Member 1688, 1 posts
SQ 185, BP 160, DL 250
595.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Lurkio said:Thanks for the reply carl, however 'WADA approved labs' and WADA approved testing' may not necessarily be the same thing.

As Finch has alluded to above, the maths simply does'nt add up! I applaud BDFPA for promoting drug-free powerlifting, but how can any organisation spend more money than it has coming in on anything?

I'm not a member of the BDFPA and it could be said that it is nothing to do with me; if I were, I would be asking to look at the accounts!

I assure you the sums do add up! Drug testing up to National Level is paid for by membership fees and International testing for WDFPF events is paid for out of entry fees, hence the discrepancy in your calculations.
FinchIcon...28-03-2011 @ 09:05 
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Thanks for the update Paul, very informative as usual.

The one thing that sticks out for me is the "fed appointed collection stewards" line. Has anybody ever challenged a positive finding when these stewards have been involved? I'm not sure that tests collected in this way would ever be upheld by UKAD or a court and to publish positive results collected in this manner could result in lawsuits that would effectively bankrupt any federation.

http://www.ukad.org.uk/home/
throwerIcon...29-03-2011 @ 12:16 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
BDFPA NEWS LETTER has been published for MARCH and is online under NEWS on the BDFPA web site.Dope test results for the Single Lifts are published in this document.
Various videos of the British Unequipped are also posted on the web site.Alistair Cannings,Pete Sammes and Dennis Kravslov of www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk are in the process of putting up others on that site and will also pass them on to the BDFPA for publication.
Europeans next at Bournemouth on 7/8th MAY.
Regards to all,
Paul
CraigCutlerIcon...29-03-2011 @ 21:23 
Member 429, 198 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 260
650.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
joshrushton1992 said:craig got best teen lifter but i got more points than him??

cannings07 said:Craig did not win best lifter. I did...
But then we found out that Steve won it LOL

cannings07 said:Cutler 371
Rushton 355
This is powerlifting. NOT golf.

Now, now ladies. We all know the race between us three is race to 400 wilks a feat that none of us have attained yet so we best get working!
paul_richardsIcon...02-04-2011 @ 01:43 
I personally prefer the stiffest possible.
Member 158, 3110 posts
SQ 170, BP 107.5, DL 222.5
500.0 kgs @ 67.4kgs UnEq
I was tested at the British 2 weeks back and the samples/containers are handled by the lifter (in the presence of the doping officer) to ensure any potential contamination does not happen. The whole procedure seems pretty thorough to me.

IMO out of comp testing should be the backbone of all testing
throwerIcon...12-04-2011 @ 10:34 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
A video of several record lifts at the Championships has just been posted on the BDFPA Web site NEWS by Peter Gaskin. The compilation was put together by our very own Russian powerlifter Dennis Kravslov of www.bournemouthbarbell.He is affectionately known locally as KGB.
Dennis will be posting more videos on our club site during the next few weeks covering the majority of lifters.He is completing his PHD this year and is under a heavy academic workload at present and so delay in publication is inevitable.The atmostphere of the British unequipped is captured in this latest video particularly well.
Peter has posted several other excellent videos of a variety of lifters at the Championships on the news section as well which are worth a look at.
Regards,
Paul

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions