Olympic Weighlifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Gingy
Listen to wigan
adillon10
Post Edited: 01.09.2012 @ 11:48 AM by adillon10
Wigan said:Just checked out your recent videos mate, my feedback would be:

Shoulders over more in your starting position

Do more work from hang or from blocks to work on getting under the bar into a full snatch

Throw some snatch balance into your routine to work on and get familiar with the bottom positions

Don't get carried away on singles every session, get some working sets (2 or 3 reps) in at a weight that you know you won't fail, and work on getting some consistency on your technique.

You show some very good speed, just work on the rest and you'll do ok Wink

Good luck, and keep it up!

Cheers mate, appreciate the advice! I'm not sure if this is acceptable but it's quite exciting having so many things to work on...

Here are some snatches from yesterday I think I'm jumping underneath the bar more?

They look much better than the others I'd seen. Still need to have your shoulders over the bar more in your starting position, you are sat way back at the moment.
adillon10
Snatch

Bar x few
40 x few

Did singles in 5kg jumps up to 60kg, failed 60kg as I wasn't getting low enough and then worked my way back down.

Got 10 singles done and failed 4, a fairly poor snatch session... found out things I already knew just didn't do them.

C&J

65x2
65x3
70x3
70x3 (happy with these, probably the best cleans I've ever done)

Squat

110x2
110x2
110x2
110x2
110x2
110x2
Gingy
I liked the session today mate. Definitely worth sticking with the heavier singles. It's the easiest way to figure out what needs work! No sense in just power snatching 45 for 3x3 all the time!
adillon10
Yeah I do like it also, the 3x3 after works nice as well I think this will be the basic outline of my program from now on!
adillon10
Clean and Jerk

60x1
65x1
70x1
75x1
80x1
85xfail (failed based on power clean, we no like power clean, we like full clean)
90x1
95xfail (failed the overhead, very annoying)
85xfail
85x1

Back Squat

110x3
110x3
110x3
110x3
110x3
110x3
Gingy
Squat look strong!

Thoracic mobility and proper push press need work!
adillon10
Is this the vids you are talking about?
Gingy
Nope the session. You're only missing the jerks because you're tight at lock out and nt as tring as you coud be. Should work at getting your push press up to 90-95 then the OH will feel a lot happier Happy
adillon10
Yeahhh gona throw some in!! I've put the vids on youtube if you haven't already looked...
adillon10
slimsim
Nice work!

Just 2 things.

1) don't stop at the bottom of the clean. You looked like you were hanging around waiting for a bus! the quicker you come up the more energy you'll have for the jerk.
2) on the jerks - dip - drive and then drop under. You were standing very upright as you split and this makes it really difficult to jerk big weights.

Other than that it was good and it was really nice to see you going rock bottom in the clean. If you can get so low you'll clean some big weights in the future.

Are you doing this comp in November? Maybe 75/97?????? Happy
adillon10
Yeah the hanging round at the bottom of the clean was purely due to being surprised at the weight of the bar and it making me its b**ch rather than the other way around...

Will put the jerk tips into practice though thanks mate, I could use this technique with push press right?

Here's a 95 clean that I didn't hang round on so much... any better? I have completed a full lift with 95kg before but it was a power clean rather than full clean!

Definitely on for the comp on November though I have no idea what my stats will be just excited to compete and get involved
slimsim
Better definitely, i think you just need to work on your quad strength as the pull was easy for you but getting out of the whole was a complete limit lift.

Again, if you look at the split on your legs and compare it to the picture below, your legs are really really straight in comparison. (TBH the picture is a really really deep split and probably wider/deeper than you'd ever need to go, but it gives you the idea)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRzdtJ18A9yUlqhVuNExv...

My main piece of advice for the comp. Get 6 out of 6 lifts. I was forever getting 3/6 of 4/6 and it pisses you off! Hopefully, I'll be there as well competing, but definitely watching. In fact, there may be quite a Sugden contingent going. Happy

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsOlympic Weighlifting
Return to top View Desktop Site