REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 306 guests
You are here: HomeForumedstudham → View All Posts

View All Posts: edstudham

» Is he being a douchebag??!! (Go to post)03-10-2011 @ 09:31 
I wish I could get my own gym, but unfortunately can't afford that. One of the main reasons this deal would've worked well. There is another gym in going to try though, hopefully they will say yes and it will either get me into that gym, or spur on my first choice to get it sorted or another gym will get the opportunity. Either way I'm hoping it will work out! Fingers crossed!
» Is he being a douchebag??!! (Go to post)02-10-2011 @ 19:25 
I'll explain it all a bit better....don't think I'm getting angry at him or anything as I like the guy and the gym. We've discussed all the insurance side of things and that's all sorted, we will be having many disclaimers in the gym and in gym contracts, so that's all covered. That side of things is sorted, it's just the actual getting kit in there, keep being told it'll be ready to go in soon, but this has been going on for 6 months. That's the side that is bugging me.
» Is he being a douchebag??!! (Go to post)02-10-2011 @ 18:26 
Right, quick question. I've offered the gym I train at, and also train a couple of clients at, the opportunity to have a strongman section in their gym for FREE! I have all the kit, and I'm offering to build a platform etc, and anyone can use it all. All I'm asking in return is that I can train people on it (mostly mma guys and strength guys) and not pay the gym a fee.

I thought this was a great deal, he'd be the only gym in Weston with the kit and loads of guys would join to try it out, to add to this I said I'd put on comps there to get a load of interest!!

I've been asking for ages now, and he says he wants to do it but never gets round to sorting it out!!!! Do I offer it to another gym or keep trying as he's a decent bloke??
» October/November comp in Weston-Super-Vegas(Mare) (Go to post)02-10-2011 @ 18:21 
I think by the sound of things the yoke will be 300kg and the overhead will be dropped by 10kg, so heaviest in that will be a 110kg axle. That sound good?

I'm still tryingto get a date set with the owner, currently he is a pain in the ass to get anything done! O
But will be before the year is out, even if I have to put it on at another gym!
» Anyone else proper sweating in this weather??!! (Go to post)02-10-2011 @ 18:02 
Women being half naked is actually the only saving grace of the weather! As soon it's back to just imagining what is underneath until the same time next year!

What the hell sort. Of chat up line involves s**tting on someone's chest? I'm sure you'd be locked up if you went around saying that! Lol!
» Anyone else proper sweating in this weather??!! (Go to post)02-10-2011 @ 16:38 
Not sure about anyone else but last week when it's a bit cold and drizzly I kind of switched in to my autumn winter mode......lots more food, big jumpers coming out etc. Now this heat has really gone and messed with me, I'm just sweating constantly, and 2 showers a day just doesn't seem enough!

Also playing havoc with the training as I hate the heat and always knackered!! Anyone else want it to stop and get cold again, or is it just me??
» October/November comp in Weston-Super-Vegas(Mare) (Go to post)24-09-2011 @ 18:08 
Also I'm trying to get events that if it pisses down we can take inside, hence no car deadlift, as I can't get a bloody car in the gym!
» October/November comp in Weston-Super-Vegas(Mare) (Go to post)24-09-2011 @ 18:03 
Currently trying to nail down a date with the owner of the gym. But events and weights will be something like:

120kg farmers 40m (20m,drop and back)

Overhead Medley - 60-70kg dumbell, 100kg oly bar, 110kg log, 120kg axle, but might drop by 10kg depending on what people think?

300-350kg yoke 20 or 40m

If we can use it a 450-500kg tyre, that is a beast! Have to ask my mate Dan.

Then maybe a loading medley something like kegs, 60kg-120kg to a single height platform, or if people want it, WSM style max deadlift??

Input on these would be great. I want to aim for a heavy novice/inter comp as it's hard to find comps heavy enough for people to progress. I think the weights are about right but let me know!
» October/November comp in Weston-Super-Vegas(Mare) (Go to post)07-09-2011 @ 13:27 
Dan I know you'll be in for this one!

I'll be finding out this week whether this will go ahead and then sort out some events. Already had some great advice about what weights will be good for it so just making decisions.

Any dates best for anyone? Im thinking either last 2 weeks of October or first 2 of November.
» October/November comp in Weston-Super-Vegas(Mare) (Go to post)05-09-2011 @ 10:21 
I just wanted to see what sort of interest there might be for a comp in Weston either mid October or early November. Will probably be a heavy novice/intermediate comp as it seems there isn't much that much in the way of intermediate comps.

The gym is a great independent one called Sweat FA, and they have a massive car park that is the perfect size for it, the owner also runs lots of events that run very smoothly, so with his help it should be very well run.

I just wanted to get an idea of people interested in doing this so I can show them there is interest in doing it.

Ed
» Anyone else refuse to take a dump unless it's during work hours? (Go to post)19-06-2011 @ 22:56 
I'm having a pretend poo right now! They're great if you just fancy half hour away from the other half!

Although My body will point blank refuse to poo if I don't have anything to read...............no phone, no magazine, no paper=no poo in the loo!
» Kids in the street (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 21:02 
I'd say you were very fair, used to have that where we used to live. Was a nice area, but some little s**ts decided to hang around the school steps opposite my house, and they were gobby little t**ts who were drinking all night. One night they threw a stone at my window and smashed it.....needless to say, I was pissed off, so grabbed a golf club and smashed the guy round the back with it! He fell down the stairs and cried like a b**ch! Didn't come back after that either!
» Are we ruining our sport in trying to get too many people involved?? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 00:20 
I think I part agree and part disagree, there needs to be a set standardd for novice and open level, not to say people cant get involved but just so there is a clear standard of what is required, such as minumum weight involved in events.

There really needs to be a system as in the US of Bronze, Silver, Gold etc. If you win a branze level you move up to silver class and can no longer compete in the lower class, and the top level is pro level.

It is much better over there for clarity on a route to higher level.

But as with any sport the quality of athletes will always increase no matter how many people involved. Take bodybuilding for example, it is now a huge industry with Pro's on multi million pound sponsorship deals and big prize money. They have novice shows all over the uk and US, and strongman is doing the same.

Everything that takes of in the US will always big big here 5 years later, considering now we are starting to see arena events for strongman in europe, it is only time before it is much more lucrative here too. But you need that fan base, novice following to make it popular.
» Mazda RX8 - anyone got one or had one or got an opinion on one (Go to post)10-06-2011 @ 23:53 
I looked at an RX8 a few months ago, but thought I was out of luck as I had a 3k budget.

If you have a look on auto trader/ebay I found loads on 04/54 plates with around 60 for under 3k! I would never trade in a car unless it was knackered as you will see your car on the forecourt a week later for £1k more than you traded it in for.

Look around and you'll probably find a good one for the same price as you could sell your clio.
» Waxy Maize (Go to post)23-05-2011 @ 11:51 
I get mine for £5 a kilo from my proteain or you can get it from bulk powder I think??

Always use after training. High GI so causes a big insulin spike priming the muscles to take in the protein quickly! Good Stuff!

You are here: HomeForumedstudham → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions