REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 212 guests
You are here: HomeForumedstudham → View All Posts

View All Posts: edstudham

» cross training for strongman? (Go to post)02-09-2010 @ 10:22 
I do events training once a week in bristol with a mate on here. Apart from that I do crossfit and HIIT workouts. Usually higher reps or bodyweight exercises. But my power and endurance has gone through the roof since doing it. In the past 2 months ive been doing it my deadlift has gone from 205-215, my squat from 200ish to a good 210 and my max bench was 120 for 1, I can now do 120 for 4-5!

It really does work, so I fully recommend it. It helps you learn how to use your body more efficiently to do the same job. My workout times have now also gone from about 1hr-1h 1/2 down to 20-30 mins.

So to sum up if it works........Ive cut down about 6lbs of pure fat. I know that its just fat as im lighter, but also stronger, more endurance and recover a lot quicker now too! Also I can now do an exercise called a 'muscle up'. You tube it and see how hard they are! If you can do those, you know you're getting better!
» Truck pull style rope.......... (Go to post)25-08-2010 @ 09:35 
richiebevan said:i got mine of ebay for £20 1" thick 30m. www.ropesandtwines.com have some good stuff but a little pricey.

Just looked at this site and there is a 20m tug of war rope for £40! Ummm......I'll take one of those please!! Could get 3 for the same price as one of the thicker ones!
» Truck pull style rope.......... (Go to post)25-08-2010 @ 09:30 
I didnt ask my pal dan as I havent heard from him since last weekend! When you training next anyway fool!

Found a place in Bristol that supplies all of the shipping companies and boats with rope. 32mm rope 20m for about £130.

Cant remamber the type its called but the same one that we would use for truck pulls.
» What kind of car does everyone have? Just because I'm a car fan and nosey. (Go to post)23-08-2010 @ 19:51 
Currently got an Audi A6 avant turbo. I love the space but its a bit thirsty.

As I'm about to start as a freelance PT though I need a diesel. So another A6 avant it is............only this time with a 2.5 tdi, pulls like a train but still does 50mpg on the motorway!
» Truck pull style rope.......... (Go to post)23-08-2010 @ 19:40 
Just wanted to know if anyone supplies or knows where I can get some thick rope. Same thickness as what you normally do truck pull with but a softer rope. Not that I have girl hands, its for boot camp style classes and need one that is friendly to everyone's hands.

Any help appreciated! Also it needs to be at least 30 meters.

Cheers
» Bailiff (Go to post)23-08-2010 @ 11:55 
Go for the doorman jobs, people like a doorman much more than a bailiff! Plus you get to look at hot women in very little clothing, and also rough up the odd arrogant t**t now and then, just to put him back in his place!

Most doormen I know get at least £13p/h! so its pretty good money too. Bailiff is all comission based I think. I looked into door work ages ago, think you need a licence which costs about £100 to go on a 1 or 2 day course. Its meant to be pretty easy.
» Bailiff (Go to post)23-08-2010 @ 11:14 
I wouldnt become a bailiff, as there is only one word that describes about 95% of them............Begins with a Capital C.....ends in T.....and had U and N between!

Personally I've weighed up the options and if a bailiff ever came to my house, I think it would most definately be worth the jail time to stab him and ruin his day slightly!

Although if you're in the 5% of nice one's then overlook this post! lol
» comp experience as a whole.. (Go to post)23-08-2010 @ 10:24 
Personally the most I have gained from competing is getting my prep right. Although I have only done 3 competitions, I started having 5 days rest before and 'carb loading' for about 3 days before. When it came to competition day though, I felt really sluggish and not up to standard. Second one I reduced the amount of carb loading from 3 days before to 2 days before and had 4 days rest, felt ok but not 100%. Last comp, which I think was by far my best performance, I cut it down to just 2 days rest and carb loaded the day before. On the day I still felt full of energy but also felt good about my speed and power which were right up there.

So from now on I think this is my plan. 2 days rest, 1 day carb loading, then 2 days rest after.

Although when I say carb loading, I maybe add about and extra 500-600 calories for that day only so not really that much anyway. Works for me.

Only think I make sure of though is that I have my last heavy shoulder day on the monday before a comp, then they get the most rest if there is any overhead events. I even trained my legs on thursday when my comp was on sunday, and they felt good. I think its just keeping my muscles alert so that when I compete they are firing straight away.
» Muscle,inc autumn charity strongman challenge 18/9/10 (Go to post)18-08-2010 @ 12:06 
Any idea what the overhead medley is for novices?? Also is the Tyre flip reps for time or distance?

Cheers

Ed
» sick before comp serious advice needed? (Go to post)13-08-2010 @ 15:15 
Just to see if this can be of help. For getting rid of any virus quickly the best thing to do is to take on things that if overloaded your body forces out (in a good way). What I have done before is drink a lot of fluids and also if you can get some vitamin c tablets, have one every 2 hours, if you can then drink about 1 1/2 litres a day. You will have masses of vit c in you that your body will want it out so you'll piss a hell of a lot but getting rid of waste (and bad becteria) a LOT quicker. If you drink the juice you'll get a lot of calories you need too.

You wont lose any strngth in one week at all, it will be purely psycological. Once you feel better then get back in the gym and do a light week to maintain the muscle but nothing too heavy.

If you cant eat at the moment as its painful, why not try high calorie soups, shakes, scrambled eggs etc. Just stuff thats soft. I would say rather than going mental on carbs next week, try and get back to normal, as you might feel very sluggish on mega calories.

Hope something in there might help.
» Who's you fav.??? (Go to post)11-08-2010 @ 00:33 
yea you're right, he won loads, especially in sweden. But WSM only once wasnt it? I know he was usually top 3 though. He is just an awesome athlete!
» Who's you fav.??? (Go to post)10-08-2010 @ 10:35 
BB- Jay Cutler, purely for his attitude to bodybuilding, and how he is able to adjust his body according to the current trends that judges look for.

PL - Really wouldnt know, but would say Andy Bolton just because he is a monster when it comes to static strength.

SM - Hands down Magnus Samuelsson, I know he hasnt won much but he has always done well and same with the first answer, his attitude towards the sport and fans is brilliant! Pudz is clearly the best on results, but he's an arrogant cock, and I cant stand that.
» Olympic Bar - SS Healthfoods (Go to post)05-08-2010 @ 10:19 
Ive got one of these and its been fantastic! Had no problems with the bar bending like in the big gym I used to go to. Had 260kg on it and its still dead straight.

I know everyone loves these Texas Power Bar things, but unless you're Andy Bolton or someone of a similar standard, then I cant see the need to pay £300 for a 7ft piece of metal when a £70 piece of 7ft metal does the job just as well.
» Pre- Comp Carb Up (Go to post)01-07-2010 @ 15:20 
Ive only done 2 comps but on my first one I really carbed up by adding more carbs to each meal and also a couple of flapjacks each day from Tuesday until Sunday. By the weekend, I just felt sluggish and a bit crap, so last comp I made some date slices (like a flapjack with dates in the middle), and didnt change my diet at all but added 2 of these a day (they have about 4-500 calories per 2), and only did 2 days of carbing up. This worked much better for me and felt good on the day. On the day I have a good breakfast to really fuel me, and then sweets (haribo) and carb drinks all day.

Worked great last time.
» My diet to be (Go to post)30-06-2010 @ 15:10 
Looks like a good clean diet there. The only thing I would say is that the amount of food there including the nuts etc for snack, you will bulk very quickly, but it will be a lot of fat! Im 6ft 6", and 17 1/2 stone now, up from about 15 1/2, but this was over the course of 18months - 2years. A lot of people will say you can put on a pound of muscle every week, and magazines will say you can do about 5 per week. The only way that weight gain of lean muscle would be possible is if you're on the roids.

From personal experience, my weight is going up slowly (about 1 lb per month), but my bodyfat is constant and has recently even lowered. So my intake is about right, and its currently around 3000-3500 calories per day (plus the odd treat now and then), and although my gains in weight are slower, its lean muscle, and my strength is only going up.

I think what you have described is about 4000-4500+ calories per day if you include snacks aswell. My advise isnt gospel, its just personal experience, as you may well be different to me, but I can also put on bulk VERY quickly if needed, as you can. Just remember that although having a lot of bodyweight behind you is good for some events, its the muscle that has the power and strenght not the fat. And if you are lean, your endurance and stamina will be a lot higher, and that seems to be where this sport is now heading.

This might not help at all but hope it does in some way.

You are here: HomeForumedstudham → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions