REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 131 guests
You are here: HomeForumbulkaholic → View All Posts

View All Posts: bulkaholic

» Guy training with cerebral palsy (Go to post)26-05-2013 @ 12:22 
It really makes you think! There are a whole generation of people now that can't even be bothered to walk to work or work at all because it's too hard! This bloke is making the absolute most of life, not wasting it away like many potentially more abled. That has give me a a great feeling for the day and I will go make the most of itHappy
» Natural Lifting Feds (Go to post)17-07-2012 @ 20:56 
Fazc said:TBH I couldn't give a f**k if guys I'm competing against are using or not.

Exactly mate me neither. I will probably lift untested fed to save on all the drama I reckon Grin
» Natural Lifting Feds (Go to post)16-07-2012 @ 21:21 
Thanks for the input people. I would have been clean for around 18 months to 2 years by the time I compete but not looking to piss people off so may stick to untested feds if its a problem. I may start my own ex juicers fed that bans all lifters that haven't ever abused substances in past Grin
» Natural Lifting Feds (Go to post)15-07-2012 @ 22:29 
hifilover said:BDFPA and IAWA are both drug free associations

http://www.bdfpa.co.uk/

http://www.iawa.org.uk/

I've competed in both and been tested regularly when competing in both; they do pi$$ tests so I'd say a year clean and you'd be fine (dont quote me on that though as I've never dabbled so not sure of how long traces can stay in your system etc...)

IAWA has a lot more 'other' lifts as well as you'll see on the website; BDFPA is predominantly powerlifting but various folks in both associations run strongman comps

Cheers mate, a year clean is more than long enough to be clear of system I just didn't want to cheat any rules about time restraints but it seems there aren't any so may look into having a bash next year Happy
» Natural Lifting Feds (Go to post)15-07-2012 @ 22:16 
Fazc said:
My best mates from Frome, she doesn't lift mind but might visit her soon. Went to see the Wurzels there a couple years back lol
Dunno bout time clean to be honest mate, no idea Confused
EDIT - Would that not just be the time it takes to clear? Or is that still considered being on? I got no clue.

Ah the Wurzels, Somerset Royalty

Grin

In the body building feds you have to be clean for 5-10 years testable with lie detector etc but to be honest the cheating is rife !! I guess they see it can take some years to lose advantage of using gear with regards to muscle size.
» Natural Lifting Feds (Go to post)15-07-2012 @ 22:10 
Post Edited: 15.07.2012 @ 22:11 PM by bulkaholic
Fazc said:For Powerlifting; GBPF and BDFPA are tested.

Dunno bout Strongman Confused

Where do you train?

Hello mate, Train at trainstation gym in frome, somerset.

both the feds you mention are tested but do they have a time clean like the body building feds? I have looked at the sites and can't find the rules. To be honest my lifts weren't massive while on the sauce so didn't gain much advantage lol.
» Natural Lifting Feds (Go to post)15-07-2012 @ 22:04 
Hello All,

I have messed around with all sorts in my past times but no longer dabble and haven't for around 1 year now after trying for baby. Well he is due in around 4 weeks and don't wanna mess with my health being an older father Happy

So what, if any feds can i lift with in both powerlifting or strongman? I realise i can lift in untested feds also and no doubt will do.

Not looking to cheat anyone hence asking outright on forum.

Cheers,

Colin
» bristols strongest man novice/inters comp (Go to post)02-07-2012 @ 20:43 
Goo duck with the first comp ladsGrin

Our child is due any time around there so won't be able to make it but hope it all goes to plan
» Wendler's 5/3/1 is crap? (Go to post)25-05-2012 @ 21:02 
I think there has been something missed here???? It's called 5/3/1 not 10, 10, 10, 10 that looks like FST7 or something, now that really is some total s**t training methodGrin
» Statins! (Go to post)18-05-2012 @ 11:46 
My old man has lower cholesterol than most fit and healthy people and still got small heart attack in mid 50's his attires aren't clogged it just happened.

I personally blame the BBC if I have a heart attack for winding me up with all their corporate funded bulls**t being fed to the masses Grin
» quickest route to gain back strength (Go to post)08-05-2012 @ 17:34 
dan_s said:wow thought you were dead lol,any plans to get back into strongman?

Hello mate, yes strongman is where I want to be Grin I basically had a bit of a mental flip out last February, had a go at ruining my life, pieced it back together and have taken this long to get round to training properly again. Oh have a child on the way with my wife due in August to Happy

Would love to train back over your place later in year once little one has settled down (probably middle of winter again lol)

Let me know if thats possible mate as would be great to catch up. Also had my eye on that comp in Swindon but is too close to due time for baby.

So will spend some gym time getting strength back up to somewhere half sensible then look at comps early next year I reckon.

Hows the training going ??
» quickest route to gain back strength (Go to post)03-05-2012 @ 19:41 
cheers lads,

will just get in gym then and work on the big 4 then go from there Grin

on hols at moment just putting finishing touches on total body destruction Tongue
» quickest route to gain back strength (Go to post)03-05-2012 @ 09:53 
hello all,

well after a year of not training much and growing a nice pair of man boobs I am looking to get back to some sort of strength again.

I was thinking some 5x5 for a few weeks until I die of boredom then switch to Wendler 5,3,1. any advice for someone looking to get back fast. I guess I should test first week ans see where 1 rep max sits then work off those??

at moment I am a fat 96kg where I was 105 kg with lots more muscle.

cheers

colin
» Sport & Suicide (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 09:11 
Post Edited: 17.01.2012 @ 09:11 AM by bulkaholic
» Sport & Suicide (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 09:09 
Sports a real mixed bag I think. It can be a positive thing to have goals, strive to be your best etc but also can run you down with thinking winning is only true meaning to life, judging your self worth by positions etc.

I went into what I am sure now was depression and coming out other side with some help was best thing that ever happened in some ways. I now view life with a bit of perspective Grin

You are here: HomeForumbulkaholic → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions