REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 289 guests
You are here: HomeForumbigsquat → View All Posts

View All Posts: bigsquat

» Catts Gym Photo - Monday 12th July @7:30pm (Go to post)11-07-2010 @ 22:52 
Yep Stan ‘the Man’ & Frank 'Lion Heart' Richards (top 10 Mr Olympia & Frankly speaking) both still train at Catts.

Frank has been training hard recently presumably getting ready for his guest spot in October

Stan is still coming out with peals of wisdom; even at nearly 70 he still handing me 150lb dumbbells that the 20 year old lads full of gear can’t pick up.

Stan is confirmed for the photo, not sure about frank, but will ask Stan to remind him.

Hope to see you all their.

Phil
Happy
» Catts Gym Photo - Monday 12th July @7:30pm (Go to post)30-06-2010 @ 21:25 
Joni said:hope some of these photos make it online too.

"Catts knuckleheads" as they are known on the streets.

yes will be on line, may even get strongmans equivalent of Jordan to make an appearance…..ha JC Happy
» Catts Gym Photo - Monday 12th July @7:30pm (Go to post)30-06-2010 @ 19:57 
To All the Catts Gym Lads,

A photographer has been arranged to come to Catts on Monday 12th July @ 7:30pm

To do a photograph of all the guys with Harry Catt for prosperity and the gym wall.

Please do best to make it as would be good if you can be part of it. Please pass on to any other members.

10x8 prints will be at the bargain price of £3 each if you want one.

Best regards,

Phil
» Blackpool Strongest Man (Go to post)07-05-2010 @ 21:52 
good luck lads, JC dont be offended when i shout for everyone but you Happy
» Englands Strongest 105 2010 Final (Go to post)20-04-2010 @ 22:54 
Hi Craig

Couple more questions re the events

1. What are the distances on the medley

2. How many tyre flips (think read is was 3)

3. What height is the Conan’s wheel pick up & what thickness of bar (that your holding)

4. What height is the Deadlift from (think read its 18”)

5. What’s the sleeper weight

6. What are the stone weights.

Any posters that you can email so can put up in the gym (will JC strongmans answer to Jordan be featuring on the posters, as his mug seems to end up on the rest, except bens - LOL )

Cheers phil
Grin
» 2010 Northern U105s Championship (Go to post)13-04-2010 @ 21:17 
Ben,

Well done for putting on an excellent competition and day.

and to all the officals, loaders & helpers, good of you all to give up your time so we can batter or selves

My friends and family had an excellent time and really enjoyed the day.

Just a bout recovered, although over slept two days in a row.

Well done to all the competitors camaraderie and support for each other was outstanding, how many other sports can say that, imo strongmen are a credit to themselves and the sport.

Phil
» 2010 Northern U105s Championship (Go to post)11-04-2010 @ 07:55 
Good Luck to all,

may your legs stay fresh, your back stay strong and your lungs full of air! and may i get one more rep than you and be one second faster......Happy lol

all the best lads

Phil
» 2010 Northern U105s Championship (Go to post)13-03-2010 @ 20:30 
Gents,

it was me who asked about gloves (not Joni).

i have never used gloves for anything else but found they work a treat on the rope pull.

Phil
» squat videos (Go to post)13-02-2010 @ 22:53 
Post Edited: 13.02.2010 @ 22:57 PM by bigsquat
Tom Platz 500lb 227.5kg squat for 23 reps

» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)02-12-2009 @ 22:36 
[url=] [/url] http://goinglikesixty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/orange_co...

JC saw this and thought of you
» WDFPA 'World' Championship results (Go to post)17-11-2009 @ 12:36 
Normally I would get involved in any of the debates, but on this one I feel I need to add my own experience. Having lifted for 2 different associations one being the WDFPA.

That when I have lifted for the WDFPA I have been tested most of the time, the times I didn’t get tested I saw others being tested.

I can honestly say that most if not all of the lifters I came across in the WDFPA don’t show any signs of being juiced up (having friends who openly speak about being on gear, you can normally spot the signs).

However in lifting in the other organisation I never got tested despite being a new face and breaking records in my second show, nor did I see anyone getting tested (Whilst I am aware that years ago, the other association did test it did seem to stop). Also some of the other lifters were very suspect (not only to me, but to other people who have been around gyms a lot longer than my 20 years).

For the record I have absolutely no problem with lifters who choose to take enhancements, I just can’t understand why they would want to compete against in a drug free federation against drug free lifers, surly the win doesn’t and couldn’t mean anything.

What other federation than WDFPA can meet the following criteria:
o International unequipped competitions
o Life time drug free
o Actively tests all lifters regardless of who they are (not selectively picking out the clean lads to test and turning a blind eye to the big names)

i will now get off my soap box...Happy
» WDFPA 'World' Championship results (Go to post)15-11-2009 @ 20:52 
Just had a call from Wayne,

he got 1st place in 100kg M2 with a 192.5 Bench, 270 Squat & 240 Deadlift. he got 3rd in the 100kg.

Ian got 3rd place didnt get ians weights.

well done lads
» WDFPA 'World' Championship results (Go to post)15-11-2009 @ 20:36 
does anyone know how Ian shaw and wayne catt got on?
» BSM under 105kg (Go to post)12-09-2009 @ 22:35 
Good Luck JC, yep yep lets go to war baby
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)04-07-2009 @ 22:48 
would have loved to have done this one, but wife due week before, so chance of getting down to london are slim to none.

good luck with the comp and looking forward to the next tested comp.

regards

phil

You are here: HomeForumbigsquat → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions