REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 147 guests
You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts

View All Posts: The_Lone_Wolf

12345678910 ... ... 190191192193194195196197198199200

» Funny snooker video (Go to post)11-05-2022 @ 12:12 
Good luck to the lad, superb work.

It is seen by many as a boring game, but it such a nard game to learn and play well, and also very enjoyable.
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)10-05-2022 @ 11:51 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Gary Taylor.

He is above the previously mentioned big 4 as a result of being a WSM. Technically, he is the lord of the Gary's until he is replaced by another WSM called Gary...
» Whatever happened to the mentally disabled guy who'd throw bands on stuff (Go to post)10-05-2022 @ 11:20 
Superb haha.
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)10-05-2022 @ 11:20 
scruffmcbuff said:
Hmmm. Strange. I have a Gordon and two Gary's on my payroll.

I would assume that the three G's on your payroll are of a more mature age?

I work in education so the names I see are of the newer generation. I don't recall ever seeing a Gary in the past 10 years. Sadness, and quite frankly rude.

The Gary Team was tarnished by Mr Glitter, which hurts even more to any Gary because his real name was Paul I beleive.

I think Gary Linekar, Gary Barlow, Gary Busey and Gary Wilmot are the last famous 4 Gary's on earth.
» Whatever happened to the mentally disabled guy who'd throw bands on stuff (Go to post)09-05-2022 @ 08:45 
danbaseley said:He was harmless. Just got a bit myopic on things and people - as those in his position often do.

Raise a glass for Megatron.

Some of his stuff got very dark and twisted, and I recall he had some strong religious views that were somewhat far fetched.

His gym stuff was gold though.
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)09-05-2022 @ 08:44 
dannyboy73 said:dont really hear the name Rudy anymore.

This is true.

In my line of work, I handle a lot of user data and I'm exposed to a lot of names. Rudy is certainly a low scorer, along with Gordon, Alan, Geoff, Jeff and Gary.
» Funny snooker video (Go to post)09-05-2022 @ 08:36 
I used to enjoy a game of snooker many years ago, but i was crap.

2 weeks ago at a wedding in Hereford, I was staying in some large shared posh house with many of the other wedding guests. The house had a games room with a snooker table... I played and enjoyed it, but I was even crapper than before. I did manage to hammer some fantastic long range shots mind, but I was very inconsistent and my positinal play was nonexisitent.

Everyone that walked past the table would comment how big it was compared to a pool table. I would then attempt to pot a ball and they would realise that i was s**te, and that it was a hard game.

I do enjoy watching Ronnie play as he makes the game look so effortless and easy. A genius of the game.
» Whatever happened to the mentally disabled guy who'd throw bands on stuff (Go to post)05-05-2022 @ 10:06 
RIP Megatron!

Jack Revans and Tom Martin were his joint number 1 fans.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)27-04-2022 @ 11:29 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:WOW, that is totally INSANE!!!!! Eek

I beleive he will strict 200 and possibly even at under 90!!!!
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)27-04-2022 @ 09:35 
Sugdens own, the machine and savage that is Shane, doing things only he can in true dragon fashion under 90kg.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0nWaPIikS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_lin...
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)28-03-2022 @ 10:12 
Jonathan said:Funny to see that Eddie seems to have completely withdrawn from public life after the fight.

He disgraced himself in the build up, and couldn't back up his smack talk with any kind of preparation or performance.

I sincerely hope that's him done on social media. No kid getting into lifting needs him as a role model.

I seriously think he has now hit a potential real low point... He is someone that has spoken many times over about his mental health struggles etc, which he highlighted again in the build up saying that Thor's actions and behaviour tarnishing his WSM victory pushed him over the edge. This is what created the hype to build the fight in the first place.

All of that anger, negativity and s**tstorm built up and was used as fuel to power his mission for revenge.

That mission did not go to plan. He didn't do what he set out to do, and after all the bravado, smack talk and dick swinging, he spent 2 years of build up to lose.

That would hurt anyone, but a man with the personality and ego like Ed, it's potential for a fullscale breakdown.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)15-03-2022 @ 13:17 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Couldn't care less.

I think this is the general feeling of the majority of us long time strongman fans really...
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)15-03-2022 @ 12:17 
AdamT said:
You think Eddie will win because he looks confident and Thor looks timid?
During their face off thor didn't look a bit timid or as if Eddie was in his head
Eddie was the one that lost control and appeared to spit in his face
The guy that shouts the loudest isn't necessarily the toughest guy in the room

I didnt see a face off, so can't base any of my opinions upon that. Didnt even know they had done one haha.

When I refer to the body language and demeanour, I am going off of the last year or so of their social media posts. Granted Thor doesnt have much of a personality and is hindered by his bells palsy, but I don't look at him or his behaviour and think he is an aggressive savage. I look at him and I feel like he doesn't beleive in his ability to beat Eddie. Where as Ed, I beleive he has a killer instinct and we all know he backs himself 100%.

Now, that of course does not count for much once the bell rings becauase everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

I just see this as a simple fight... Ed will be trying to destroy Thor and KO him. Ed is not going in to win on points, or to use the sweet science of boxing to win. He wants to hurt Thor and dominate him in style.

Thor knows this, and will be counting on his reach to keep Ed at harms bay. Thor is counting on his reach, his own conditioning, and hoping that Ed loses discipline and gases.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)15-03-2022 @ 09:48 
It is a circus side act, but none the less there will be nowhere to hide once in the ring.

From my tiny observations, there is a remarkable difference between their respective body language and demeanour. I can see Ed oozing confidence and Thor seemingly looking quite timid and meek. Thor doesnt strike me as an agressive guy, and he certainly doesnt have the sheer aggression and attitude of Ed. I honestly think Ed has that advantage over Thor, and especially the mind games side too.

Thor's only real chance is to use his reach and keep Ed at bay in the hope that Ed punches himself out and gasses. Then he can be picked off.

I simply can't write Ed off though, because he clearly has not been showing a great deal of what he has actually been doing behind the scenes, and you know he has taken this VERY seriously. His ego will not allow him to do anything less.

I do wonder what the outcomes will be though for each individual... How will they react post fight, or will it be a rematch or extended controversial draw or result that keeps the saga ongoing.

Whatever the result, I would personally prefer Ed to win and for the whole thing then to just be put to bed and finished with.
» US Presidency (Go to post)28-02-2022 @ 14:57 
Great to see that Vlad has flopped his majestic Russian helmet out and has it dangling close to the nukes button all because of a comment made my Liz Truss...

Cheers Liz, you silly sausage!

12345678910 ... ... 190191192193194195196197198199200

You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions