REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 222 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts

View All Posts: The_Lone_Wolf

12345678910 ... ... 175176177178179180181182183184185

» Eddie Hall vs Thor BjŲrnsson boxing match (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 21:47 
Did anyone watch the video today that is circulating about the whole Viking press situation at WSM 2017?

Some behind the scenes footage of Thor and his team complaining after his denied reps. Quite interesting to be honest.

Itís all being dragged up again!!! Most likely as promotion for their fight, but itís getting lots of comments on the socials.
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 21:44 
drex50 said:
Thats bulls**t but Z earned it, you know
Z's records have always been locked out, some of them not controlled at the top. This lift was never locked.
Luke takes a lot from his legs, i am sure hes not in Z pressing league, but obviously his technique works a lot. He will take it soon.

Z is the GOAT of pressing!
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 21:43 
BigMacca said:
Just like Ed

What lift was that?
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 09:35 
If it was Z lifting, heíd have been given the down signal before it was stable and locked out.
» Does Donald Trump Read Sugden Barbell? (Go to post)06-05-2020 @ 14:55 
100% he reads this, as I have it on good authority he told Mike Pence once to "go take his face for a s**t", and is often known to text Joe Biden saying "I'll meet you at a train station of your choice."
» Eddie Hall vs Thor BjŲrnsson boxing match (Go to post)04-05-2020 @ 20:25 
I really canít see this fight being anything more than a car crash. But a car crash that makes them both a s**t ton of money and most likely a rematch too...

If itís not a draw, there will be a controversial finish or reason why one lost etc etc.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor BjŲrnsson boxing match (Go to post)04-05-2020 @ 20:22 
I wonder if the athletes will get tested for the fight? Lol
» WUS World Records (Go to post)03-05-2020 @ 21:27 
The whole BS build up has tarnished the whole lift, which is why Iím not really fussed over it.

That in itself is such a silly statement, because someone has broken the deadlift world record and pulled over 500kg, but Iím just not hyped up about it all. The same for the fight... Real beef or WWE stage talk, I really donít care. Itís going to be an awful fight regardless of what happens.

I used to be a huge Ed fan since he broke into the scene, and was delighted for him when he pulled the impossible 500 and won WSM. I also used to be a fan of Thor, and his crazy strength and genes, but now Iím just not fussed.

Ed has always been a f**ker, who talked the talk and walked the walk. His onscreen and performer personality was always a gimmick, and still now till this day heís working it and earning off of it. Iíve met him a few times and heís always been a class act though. With Ed, his gimmick is to always keep himself in the limelight, to work a crowd, to get a reaction, to build his own image, and heís not scared to let the 100% truth get in the way of a good story.

Thor on the other hand used to be this big Icelandic freak who would just go full regard and scream at the camera and interviews. He was mong strong and proud. At some point, heís tried to change his persona and image to get away from that. Perhaps it was post WSM 17 when he was portrayed as the villain with his tantrums and guff. Perhaps it was the negative PR he got they made him try to change, or maybe it was just his superb acting career as the mountain that gave him a boost. Regardless, I canít warm to him as a person and do find him a little fake onscreen.

I think both are incredible athletes and strongmen, with superb achievements in their careers, but right now both are just a bit cheese.
» WUS World Records (Go to post)03-05-2020 @ 11:21 
Mikeneto said:There definitely is money in strongman at the moment..the Bahrain show was going to pay him 100k for deadlift and 75k $ for show win...Arnold offered the same the month before.

The YouTube money will be good also.

Then sponsors.

He earns a lot...but 7 figures is better than 6 figures.

I also think I read the fight is next April. I reckon he will definitely do WSM in November, unsure about next year. But he bounces back so quickly from losing weight that he could be competitive very quickly.

I think if he trains just for the big shows, he can chase the coin and try to balance it with health... Ultimately he is a freak show, because if his size and strength.

He canít act, so thatís a no go, so lifting along with social media and merchandising will be his income. I donít know how his vodka business or others are doing mind.

Regardless though, Ed did the same. Retired to focus on health and other sources of income. Ed has far more personality and charisma then Thor, but not the freak show look or vibe.
» WUS World Records (Go to post)02-05-2020 @ 23:59 
AdamT said:
I have seen thor grind out some awesome deadlifts
Once in Europe's he fought so hard to finish 450
Also few years ago he done something similar with heavy weight
I think if he had of went for 510 he would of hitched it
Anyway, by far the most Impressive deadlift ever imo, as he walked off strong after

I donít think itís the most impressive, heaviest yes, but it doesnít have the shock value of Edís 500. However, itís still incredible.

Put all the BS aside, Edís 500 was deemed impossible and the gap between the then current WR and 500 was huge. Not many thought it was possible, but it happened.

Iím kind of upset Thor didnít lift more though.

As for the fight. Absolute horse s**t.
» WUS World Records (Go to post)02-05-2020 @ 21:42 
Well done Thor.

Iíd say he didnít have much more in the tank though, but theyíd irrelevant. He pulled 501.

Iím quite indifferent about though due to all the hype and BS thatís come with it.

What happened with all the other records? Any more WRís set?
» WUS World Records (Go to post)02-05-2020 @ 21:40 
Well done Thor.

Iíd say he didnít have much more in the tank though, but theyíd irrelevant. He pulled 501.

Iím quite indifferent about though due to all the hype and BS thatís come with it.

What happened with all the other records? Any more WRís set?
» coronavirus (Go to post)02-05-2020 @ 00:23 
WILLSAN said:
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/nkorea-defector-claims-99-sur...
maybe not loving life too much if true.
Grin

Holy mackerel flaps.

Now, letís hope that those mad North Korea scientists havenít seen Robocop, otherwise weíre all screwed.
» coronavirus (Go to post)01-05-2020 @ 23:20 
Weíve just got used to lockdown life, and now the great tangerine American dream, Donnie J is going to start WW3.

I bet Putin and Kim Dong Chong are loving life right now.

Absolute madness.

Imagine if WW3 kicks off because of two superpowers having a war of words like vinyl furlled toddlers, and this virus was actually because someone ate some questionable animals from a market.
» WUS World Records (Go to post)01-05-2020 @ 23:14 
Does anyone think Thor will miss it?

I can see him smashing it, but if does miss it, heís going to get a lot of abuse from the Hall fanboys and haters.

12345678910 ... ... 175176177178179180181182183184185

You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto