REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 136 guests
You are here: HomeForumHeavyFuel → View All Posts

View All Posts: HeavyFuel

» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)28-04-2015 @ 15:50 
LaTuta said:
Donnie from where do have that 540kg x 2 18 inch deadlift rumour???
Did that really happen?

I've never heard of that. How high is the Arnold Hummer Tire bar?
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)26-04-2015 @ 18:31 
I've seen him do one where he pulls a million cars or something like that.

I'm willing to bet this is a recurring thing, since it has impacted him on and off since about 2013.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)26-04-2015 @ 15:52 
ben66 said:Z wasn't good enough, get over it!

Did I say he was good enough?

I'm merely pointing out what I believe I have seen. I believe I said that even at his best it would be very close between Z and Shaw.

I don't take anything away from any one. As pointed out by others, Shaw could just as easily have won in the past as Z only for a mistake here or there.

I also think Thor and Eddie are real threats to Shaw in the future. I think Thor needs some more mass to attempt to equal Shaw's static strength. If Eddie gets himself to 400lbs body weight I suspect he would be the static power king.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)26-04-2015 @ 15:31 
MJG said:
If he really did have a lower back problem do you not think he would have struggled on power stairs and heavy stones.
I can't see how anyone with a significant back problem could finish second over 6 events that were ridiculously back dominated.

Power stairs don't involve a pull from the bottom. He did struggle on the stones, didn't he? I could see a lower back issue impacting any lift from a low position. That's been my personal experience with deadlift for sure.

I'm not betting he'll ever get back to his previous form at his age, but he has obviously been much stronger on deadlift in the past. Z doesn't strike me as someone who fails to prepare his best for a competition so I'd say the liklihood of a lower back problem is pretty high.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)26-04-2015 @ 14:55 
Miky111 said:what a comeback it would be if Z won... Grin

i don't think anyone could have imagined this after his deadlift performance

Z is obviously nursing some kind of injury or problem. He seemed to be going very slowly, but didn't appear to be at the limit as there was no hithcing at the top. Not the first time he's had issues (2013 WSM and evident at Arnold this year).

I suspect he has to be careful at Super Yoke as well if it is a lower back problem.

Not taking anything away from Shaw. Even with Z at his best I think it would be very close between those two.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)26-04-2015 @ 12:37 
Anyone know final points?
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)25-04-2015 @ 11:43 
I'd say it's Shaw's now.

Thor will lose points on log.

Z has almost no chance. Thor and Brian will surely beat him in powerstairs given their deadlift performance and both will almost certainly beat him on stairs. Hopefully he sets a new log record so the competition isn't a total loss for him.

Great job by Eddie.

That truck pull must be heavy!
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)24-04-2015 @ 21:44 
If Thor is really only 170kgs I'd say he has no shot at the win.

If Z is 185 he may have a shot at the deadlift (assuming he isn't carrying some kind of injury).

If Brian is only 190 Z may have a good shot at the win. Deadlift, Log and Truck pull all favor heavier body weight.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)24-04-2015 @ 18:13 
LaTuta said:You guys really think Z hasnt improved on his deadlift since 2011???
Yes 2013 he failed because of back problems.-at least thats what he said.
After that he was in no max deadlift competition apart from the 2014 deadlift at the arnold which he dominated clearly with his easy world record.
On reps he beat everyone.At the fibo he beat eddie hall with the 350kg deadlift.And at the arnold brazil he beat shaw at the 360kg deadlift.

But we just have to wait and see what happensGrin

Eddie's deadlift seems to have come a long way since then.

Brian did not train for Arnold Brazil as he didn't get an invite until the last minute.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)24-04-2015 @ 17:28 
beza said:
Yeh mate

Cool. Looking forward to that.

I'd like to see Benni in the shape he was a few years ago when he did 1015 lbs with no lifting straps. Looked like he had a lot more in him on that day.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)24-04-2015 @ 17:26 
AdamT said:I agree to an extent about Z but I have seen him fail over 440 at max deadlift couple years ago in comp.

Maybe he could do 462 but until he does then Ed has a better one rep max, at least for the time being.

Think Z is the strongest man ever and in no way am I disrespecting him or his achievements. Truth be told we might never see his dominance ever again.

In saying that, if he goes head to head with Ed on max deadlift, I know who I'm backing.

Log I would obviously favour Z.

Yep, I saw that too in the 2013 WSM. He did say (long) afterwards he was having some back problems. Of course, anyone can make up excuses but Z doesn't seem prone to doing that.

Having seen the Arnolds I would also back Ed on the deadlift currently, as Z was obviously having some issues. I am assuming it was an injury or fear of getting an injury having seen him lift the 1155 the year before - he stopped well short of that this year.

Ed is incredibly strong at the log, but, again, having seen the Arnold's he has a way to go to get to Z.

I would say Shaw has the potential to do some of the things Z has done, but only if he stays committed and healthy. His size and the fact that he has no real weaknesses gives him an advantage others don't have.

I agree that Z is the strongest ever. While he can be beaten at times so can everyone else, and the fact that he has been able to stay healthy and remain at the top of this game for so long while others have come and gone really says it.

Looking forward to a great competition. Hope we see some new records set.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)24-04-2015 @ 17:07 
beza said:Hopefully z will the the deadlift champs at Europes then all this speculation can be answered

Is that being held as part of Europes again this year?
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)24-04-2015 @ 16:56 
hixxy1985 said:
U cannot compare ed to z until you see z do a recent max deadlift. U may never see it either its been a few years now. Hopin ed wins deadlift
same setup as 2012 @360/370kg

I think that's spot on. For years Z has only done what he needs to do to win. When he's in top form I would bet he's easily good for the 462 Ed has done. He has said in the past that 470 is no problem for him when feeling good. Not sure what the issue was at Arnold's this year, but if he was in the same shape as 2014 I think it would have been a struggle for anyone to beat him this year at the deadlift. The 1155lbs he did in 2014 looked easy.

Z says he has been getting stonger each year for years, but I think it is really just now that he's getting pushed to go higher in weights. I watched the 2006 Arnold Classic on youtube recently and even back then it appeared as though he had as much power on deadlift and overhead (axle) that he does now. Had he been pushed earlier I bet there would be higher deadlift and log records today.

I suspect his age is starting to take some of his power away now or at least make him more prone to injury. For that reason I think Shaw may have the edge this year. That said, in the pictures I've seen Z looks massive and somehow a little more trim (perhaps that's just the pictures).

Since everyone else is picking Shaw for the win, I'll buck the trend and say Z will take it.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)22-04-2015 @ 23:35 
Final events - Super Yoke, Deadlift, Truck Pull, Power Stairs, Log Lift for Max Weight and Atlas Stones*

I think Z will have to win log, deadlift (which I suspect he won't), and yoke to win. I would love to see him win a 5th to put him even with Pudz for the most wins ever.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)22-04-2015 @ 17:09 
donnie said:
almost last event
planning retirement if not win wsm
hes in shape
best stage to do it

Has Z said he is retiring after this year?

You are here: HomeForumHeavyFuel → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions