REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 141 guests
You are here: HomeForumHeavyFuel → View All Posts

View All Posts: HeavyFuel

» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)03-02-2016 @ 17:28 
Give Z back a few years and let Hall and him train for static strength (dead, squat, bench) and I'd say Z wins it.

I agree with drex on the log press/bench comparison. Anyone that can overhead a 500+ log is certainly capable of a huge bench if training it. I'd bet 650 - 700 with some training.
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)02-02-2016 @ 19:06 
drex50 said:
massive?
i just see radz next to a guy who loves insulin more than water and air
since he competes strongman Shaw has done as much competitions as Z in his first season
big difference in static power, signature events for Z -loglift
longevity
plus i keep saying it over and over
Shaw is done
past his peak

I'd be surprised if there is much difference between the "performance enhancers" any of the top guys are taking.

By the way, I'd love to see Z annihilate the field this year. But, I don't think Shaw is past his peak and if he's in top shape will give a healthy Z a good run for his money.
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)01-02-2016 @ 18:48 
drex50 said:Zydrunas already looks enormously big

he took it serious this year

brian shaw is pissing in his pants[/quote

That's funny. I thought Shaw looked massive in the Brazil beach photo on his facebook page (certainly compared to Radz). It's hard to tell with Z. I don't think he looks as big as he did in 2014 when he weighed 400+ lbs.

If Z's back is 100% he may win. If not, there are too many guys that are close to him statically now for him to win (assuming everyone comes in top shape). He's likely a shoe in for log press even with a bad back. Everything else though would be a question mark.
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)29-01-2016 @ 22:06 
Craig_Pfisterer said:Slight change to the dumbbell event. There will now be an option do a 300lbs/136kgs dumbbell as well. A rep with this heavier bell beats any number of reps with the "lighter" bell.

It's going to take excellent technique to put that up. Big Z may actually struggle with that. He uses more strict pressing power than anyone else on the dumbbell and at some point that just becomes impossible.

Shaw and Thor will probably do it.
» Europe's Strongest Man (Go to post)18-01-2016 @ 18:13 
If Z's back is better I'd bet he can pull in the top three. I would be very surprised if he could beat Eddie. That 462kg last year was just way too easy.

He seems to struggle off the bottom more than some of the others (especially when nursing the back issue), but may be the strongest once above the knees. Don't forget he pulled 525kg in the hummer tire in 2014 and it looked pretty easy. No one was even close to him that day. Last year he was obviously hampered by a back issue on the deadlift, however, he won the power stairs easily suggesting he may be stronger than the others at the top of a deadlift. Maybe that's just a stamina issue, but Big Z generally isn't better than Shaw and Thor when it comes to stamina.
» Europe's Strongest Man (Go to post)14-01-2016 @ 15:33 
I hope that means Z's back issues are better.
» Eddie - Strongman Film (Go to post)18-12-2015 @ 17:42 
Boar said:I honestly cant imagine anyone would be bothered enough to put this doc up on a torrent site

/no offence !!

Eddie is amazing and pushing it PAST the max (if that's possible) but aslong as you have freaks who are 10 inches taller than him how can he win WSm with the events they have in there ?

Because he is stronger than them. Isn't Eddie the same height as Big Z? Doesn't seem to have held Z back.
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)07-12-2015 @ 21:04 
I assume Eddie as well.

If Z's back isn't better I wouldn't be surprised if he decided not to compete in the Arnold's. I'd bet he wants another WSM title rather than another Arnold (since he's won it 7 times).
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)03-12-2015 @ 17:49 
Have they been named yet?
» New Alltime by Sarychev 330kg (Go to post)23-11-2015 @ 21:37 
Impressive to say the least.

How big is he (weight/height)?

Would be great to see him in strongman.
» Savickas squat 440x3 (Go to post)05-11-2015 @ 18:19 
If Z's back is better and he gets back to about 400lbs he'll finish on the podium.
» Europes strongest man (Go to post)17-07-2015 @ 22:36 
donnie said:a big difference i see between young guys and older one in strongman is the face bloat
and not the same grainy muscularity
yes thor has a six pack but his face doesnt look lean as radzikowski who actually has no shredded abbs

its obvious no water retention
its visceral fat

for me its about insulin abuse in some top guys
its more dramatic the change of phisique
shaw 2009-2011(30 kg plus), thor 2009(from skinny fat dianabol teenager to monster 2011 WSM competitor 40 kg plus)
edd hall do i have to comment

its simple guys
u dont see this in Radz for example, who is one of the most genetically gifted men there

What do you mean by "insulin abuse"? Sorry, I don't really know anything about the PED's used in this sport.

Is some of the difference between guys competing now and those from years past (like Kaz) due to different/better PED's?
» George Leeman has a spot at Deadlift champs (Go to post)18-06-2015 @ 19:15 
So Shaw isn't competing? Based on World's it looks like he might be able to give Eddie a run.

I assume Z wouldn't compete in this given his back trouble of late and it could jeopardize his shot at Arnold's and WSM next year if he injures himself. Perhaps Shaw is thinking the same thing. Titles are probably more important to him than the deadlift record.
» Big Z new world record log lift (Go to post)08-06-2015 @ 15:41 
Looked like he barely even tried. Must have known it wasn't his day.

I think if Z had been pushed earlier in his career he could have put up a bigger number earlier. If you look back at some of the earlier Arnold shows he was just as strrong overhead with the appollon axle then as he is now.
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)29-04-2015 @ 17:39 
LaTuta said:
On instagram or where can i read it??? He comes back next year and destroys everything.This year is brian shaw's year.Next year is big z's year.Thats the way it is for years now.
poundstone sounds like a pretty nice guy in this video.So he just had a quad injury on his recent accident?? i thought he had wrecked his knee.

While Z might be able to come back, the fact that this back injury isn't a new thing and that he is now almost 40 certainly decrease his chances.

There is a video on youtube of Poundstone tearing his quad during a 700lb squat attempt. Looks kinda ugly.

You are here: HomeForumHeavyFuel → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions