REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 178 guests
You are here: HomeForumHeavyFuel → View All Posts

View All Posts: HeavyFuel

» Arnolds 2015 (Go to post)06-03-2015 @ 23:38 
Mikeneto said:I reckon Z will win the rest of the events. Deadlift and yoke he will be favourite. Dumbbell he came joint first last year and this year he has had a replica dumbbell to train with.

I suspect he won't win the dumbbell. It's a timed event and Thor is pretty fast at that. Z always seems to struggle with technique as well and has to use more pure pressing power than the others.

Deadlift could be a tough one too with the weight that both Hall and Benni lifted last summer.
» Anyone going to be at Arnold's? (Go to post)04-03-2015 @ 17:24 
To give us updates on the Strongman comp?
» Log record (Go to post)06-02-2015 @ 21:47 
Post Edited: 06.02.2015 @ 21:47 PM by HeavyFuel
rian1987 said:Just seen on hollands commenting on facebook saying that z has doubled a 240 log in training..
» Log record (Go to post)06-02-2015 @ 21:47 
rian1987 said:Just seen on hollands commenting on facebook saying that z has doubled a 240 log in training..

Recently?
» arnolds 2015 (Go to post)19-01-2015 @ 22:17 
I think Arnold's has found a way to stand out from the other competitions. The events are heavy as can be and must fit on a stage. That happens to favor those (like Big Z) that are strong at static events.
» arnolds 2015 (Go to post)18-01-2015 @ 21:29 
MJG said:Don't want to sound like a dick, but two overheads in five events and straps on the frame makes it seem a bit like a Big Z benefit gig.

The dumbbell doesn't really suit Z. Yeah, he's obviously the strongest presser, but dumbbell requires a lot of technique which some of the others are better at. It really comes down to the technique of the others against Z's sheer power.

While they may be trying to cater a bit to Z on the frame carry, remember that the Arnold is all about huge numbers every year (bigger if at all possible). There are other guys that struggle with the grip too, so take that out of the equation and crank up the weight I suspect is the thinking.

At this level there's no guarantee that Z will win though. He still has to come to the competition in top form to move that kind of weight. He looked thinner in some of the pics on his facebook page and I suspect he needs to come in at 400lbs to win. I wouldn't bet against him, but he is getting older and at some point he won't be able to lift what he has in the past.
» arnolds 2015 (Go to post)12-01-2015 @ 22:06 
Craig_Pfisterer said:
No list yet but these are people that I’ve heard have invites.
Michael Burke
Benedikt Magnússon
Brian Shaw
Hafthor Bjørnson
Eddie Hall

Zydrunas has said on his facebook page that he is preparing for Arnold's and WSM, so I assume he's in as well.

Straps on the frame carry and the heavier weight will put him in the hunt for the win on that one I suspect.
» 2015 Arnold Classic and 2015 World Strongest Man (Go to post)20-11-2014 @ 22:50 
unit94 said:Afaik Z is going for Arnolds this year and obviously he'll be going for worlds, Arnolds line up will be announced in afew weeks i think

Thanks. Figured he might pass on Arnolds since he's won it so many times and focus on World's to tie for most wins with Pudz.
» 2015 Arnold Classic and 2015 World Strongest Man (Go to post)20-11-2014 @ 20:46 
Have the participants been announced yet?

Curious if Zydrunas is competing now that he is "semi-retired"?

Sounds like Brian Shaw and Mike Burke are still nursing injuries.

I'm betting that Eddie and Thor will both have really good shots at winning this year.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)06-07-2014 @ 18:38 
I would like to see Zydrunas in this competition training for just deadlift. He had Shaw covered pretty good at the Arnold's.

I suspect at this point he's really focused on a fifth world strongest man title to tie Pudzianowski.

This will be some competition regardless.
» GIANTS LIVE STRONGMAN DEADLIFT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Go to post)12-05-2014 @ 15:43 
Different than a barbell lift of course, but 525kg in the hummer tire didn't look terribly difficult for him at the Arnolds.

There could be 3 or 4 guys capable of pulling 1000lbs at this comp (Benni, Andy, Shaw and Z if he attends)
» GIANTS LIVE STRONGMAN DEADLIFT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Go to post)12-05-2014 @ 12:20 
I believe Z told Colin Bryce in an interview once that when he is in good shape and rested a 470kg deadlift is no problem for him.

Unless the competitive spirit gets the better of him, he did say at Arnold Brazil that he wasn't competing any more this year (at least against Brian based on the question that was asked).

I'd bet he'll train for it and if he's in top shape he'll be a late invite for the deadlift comp (at his request).
» Big Z 500lbs Log! (Go to post)02-05-2014 @ 20:37 
Post Edited: 02.05.2014 @ 21:12 PM by HeavyFuel
LessThanLuke said:
No ones disputing it was locked out I don't think but you have to have your feet stable/still as well. He was walking.

I'll grant you he wasn't still for very long, but it looked to me like he had just gotten settled (at the 15 second mark) when they must have given the down signal - the movement of his feet after the 15 second mark is part of him dropping it. We are talking about fractions of a second, but he does look stable to me, and that's all the judge needs to see.

I agree that the ref could (arguably should) have made him hold it longer just to be sure he was stable, but it looked to me like he was. It's not just Z that gets the down signal this early, and the large dumbbell events are just as bad or worse. I suspect it is difficult to judge and you wouldn't want to make one guy have to hold longer than another so you want to give the down signal the millisecond you believe you see control.
» Big Z 500lbs Log! (Go to post)02-05-2014 @ 19:17 
I've watched it a few times. It was fully locked out from what I can see and he obviously downed it as soon as the ref gave him the all good signal.
» Arnold Classic Brazil 2014 Results (Go to post)01-05-2014 @ 22:27 
LaTuta said:http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2014/Apr/Zyd...

f**kkk zydrunas did 10 reps on the 360kg deadlift in 30seconds :000
It would be such a shame if he didnt compete on the deadlift tournament

When and where is the deadlift competition?

Can't see Z not doing any other comps this year. It's obviously in his blood.

You are here: HomeForumHeavyFuel → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions