REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 131 guests
You are here: HomeForumguy → View All Posts

View All Posts: guy

» HELP IN MAKING A CAR DEADLIFT FRAME PLEASE (Go to post)26-02-2009 @ 10:49 
hi, ive just had a cardead lift frame made, awesome bit of kit ! got the dimensions off mark westabys frame, n got the brother-in-law to make it for me, he'd be happy to make more if people are interested ???? i would put some photos on here but im s**t at that sort of thing, there is a couple of it in use on my facebook (guy oldfield) will add some more of empty frame next week if you want ? the cost would be 150-175 depending on the cost of metal at the time, made for normal and side grips..............
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)10-02-2009 @ 12:36 
8.8 secs for the yoke, are you having a laugh ? sod that i cant run 20m in 8.8 sec with nothing on my back ! Eek
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)10-02-2009 @ 10:20 
cheers ben, looking forward to it !
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)10-02-2009 @ 10:01 
Ben do you have 2 identical 2" axle bars ? or are you expecting to use standard oly bar now ? for deadlift ? we have 4 wheels n tyres that are set up for a 2" bar if you need to borrow some ? 25kg each, just add plates too it.
Are the 2 yoke's the same ? one 300kg yoke can be very different to another 300kg yoke !
head to head will be good to watch though !
» comp virgin ! (Go to post)03-02-2009 @ 18:20 
thanks all !
» comp virgin ! (Go to post)03-02-2009 @ 11:29 
any tips for a first timer fellas ?
my 1st comp is 6 weeks away, u105kg northern, and im looking for any advice that might help ?
increase or reduce training/event training , diet, time off before comp, etc.......... anything !
im starting to think im maybe aimimng a little high to start n maybe should of done some novice stuff first, but sod it my name is down n im gonna give it 100% !
sure you've all learned as you go along,knowledge is power n all that so im hoping to grab all that wisdom.
cheers.
» Looking for decent gyms in the York area (Go to post)23-01-2009 @ 10:17 
hi, ive trained in about every gym in the york area over the last 15 years and it all depends on what your friend is looking for in a gym ? fitness or weights ?
and where abouts in york she is living ? and how much she wants to spend ? £25-£60 a month depending on which gym you go to around here.
atlanta is a good gym, also ebor fitness is recently opened and is very good, both the above are run by lads that bodybuild to a very high standard, i now train at samson & delilahs which is a cracking little gym ! cheap rates too, and now under new management, the new team are really improving the place.........
send me a pm on here and i will let you have my phone number.........easier to talk. good luck getting the right place. guy.
» midlands U/105 qualifier 2009 (Go to post)16-01-2009 @ 17:35 
has it been decided yet if we can enter more than one qualifier, my name is down for the northern, but im hoping to do the midlands as well ? the northern is my first ever comp, so being realistic i dont expect to make the top 5 but the more comps i can get in the better i will be next year ! and you never know i might get lucky and surprise myself............Grin
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)14-01-2009 @ 18:32 
ben it says on the englands u105kg facebook page that the top 6 from the 3 qualifiers go to the final ? is that right i thought it was the top 5 ?????
cheers.
» strongman (Go to post)14-01-2009 @ 15:11 
all darren has at the gym is a steel log, not sure where he has the rest of his kit ?
you might want to try to contact mark westaby if your serious about strongman, he's somewhere between leeds & york.
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)23-12-2008 @ 15:20 
try your best skinny lad ! ha ! markc your the man too beat !!!!!!
» Chase Charity Challenge (Go to post)23-12-2008 @ 15:16 
hi im well up for the novce comp, there will be 2 of us happy to travel down from york if you get a defo date ect arranged. good luck.
» tendons (Go to post)05-12-2008 @ 11:10 
im looking for some advice on tendon pain, both arms have been suffering over the last couple of weeks, its the elbow joint/ forearm-bicep area..... its now got to the point where my event training has just about stopped ! any ideas ? magic cures ? i have just got some prolab glucosamine & msn to try. but i will try ANYTHING !!!! HELP !!!!Confused
» STONES HOW HIGH ? (Go to post)27-11-2008 @ 10:27 
Just a bit of advice please ! Next year will be my 1st competing in strongman, i'm hoping to do a few u105 events and maybe a couple of novice/open events too...............

Im getting myself some equipment together to train with and now have 5 atlas stones, 85kg through to 150kg, my question is how high are the platforms going to be that i will come across ???

Im going to knock 3 together this Sunday but are'nt sure what height is best for me to train at ?

Was thinking of 1 @ 4ft
1 @ 4 1/2ft
1 @ 5 ft

Im only 5ft7" so the 5ft platform will be a massive challange, but there is no point if the heighest platform i will come up against is 4ft, rather use the timber on 2 or 3 at that height and get the techinique right and my speed up ?

CHEERS............ Confused
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)17-11-2008 @ 10:37 
looking forward too this !!!! will it be ifsa spec log ? if so to those of you that have used one does the extra diameter make any difference ?

You are here: HomeForumguy → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions