REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 143 guests
You are here: HomeForumguy → View All Posts

View All Posts: guy

» CAR DEAD LIFT FOR SALE ! (Go to post)15-03-2009 @ 19:08 
EVERYTHING ELSE I PUT ON HERE HAS SOLD, ANYONE WANT TO BECOME THE OWNER OF A CAR DEAD LIFT FRAME ? £150..... CHEAP !
I HAVE HAD ALOT OF INTEREST BUT NO ONE HAS GIVEN ME A DEFO YES YET......
CAN EMAIL YOU SOME PICS IF YOUR INTERESTED........PM ME.

GUY. NR YORK.Roll-Eyes
» Northern Qualifier Live Results & Photos Thread (Go to post)15-03-2009 @ 19:03 
HUGE well done to everyone involved today, mr copley you were'nt at your best pal but 3rd will do its been awesome training with you wish i had been able to compete against you and the rest of the lads today ! Well done to Ben on the smooth running of the show......
» Strongman Equipment FOR SALE (Go to post)13-03-2009 @ 14:56 
Thing said:
MarkClegg said:
PM IN! Wink

atlas stones table and tire have found a good home then

you want the tyre mark ?
» Strongman Equipment FOR SALE (Go to post)13-03-2009 @ 14:27 
Post Edited: 13.03.2009 @ 14:30 PM by guy
Hi got a few bits n pieces for sale

£50.00... 380kg ish TYRE.

£150.00... CAR DEAD LIFT FRAME just been made for me, side & front grip,
awesome bit of kit !

£75.00ea... Atlas stones, 85kg,120kg,140kg,150kg, all good strong well used
stones, also 3 tier loading table, 4ft,4.5ft,5ft, will throw it
in if someone wants all 4 or make me an offer for it.

£50.00 ... Farmers Walk, 100kg each hand with 1" loading pins, so make them as
heavy as you want.

P.M me if your interested. GUY. Near York.
Unhappy Only selling cos Dr's orders.
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)07-03-2009 @ 16:04 
Robbo said:
Really sad to hear that mate. hope all is getting better for you. keep me updated on your progress. think im out too. just guna deadlift monday and see what happens but fearing the worst. u got any idea of when you may be back?

cheers robbo, joni & jamie, thanks ! hope you'll be ok to lift pal, had you down for a win in the farmers & a good showing in the stones & deadlift, your in with a fighting chance !
not sure about training at moment but not looking good !
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)07-03-2009 @ 10:39 
PorkPie said:
Ben_F said:
but make sure you put your health first.

Nonsense!

Compete - even if you die trying, in many respects it would be better if you did.

Think of the immortal glory that awaits.

i've just spent the last 2 days on a hospital bed, bloody food was rubbish no wonder there is so many sick people in there, portions they hand out, everyone must be starving to death ! Porkpie you dont know how right you could of been if i had ago next weekend ! but i think i'll pass on the immortal glory thanks all the same ! that stomach ulcer was'nt just an ulcer, so im out lads, good luck too you all, gutted i wont be there fighting for that top 6 place ! if everything works out i will be there to watch.
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)05-03-2009 @ 11:59 
MarkClegg said:
guy said:
Robbo said:
just puuting a big shout out to guy for letting me come along and train with him and mark c.watch out for these 2.they both have the consistency and strength to cause some serious damage!good luck with the injury mark.soul destroying so close to the comp aint it?!

serious damage ! ha not now ! just got back from dr's, got a stomach ulcer,not good cant even bend over ! looks like i could be out ! 5 months training towards my fist comp n it could be over before i lift that 2"axle....................upto 4 months till im 100% again, but if im even close to thinking i can lift i will give it a shot.Angry if its a no go or i feel s**t the extra week till the midlands might let the dr's drugs do there thing, any prob with me using that as my qualifier instead of the northern ? f**k f**k f**kAngry

My mate had a Stomach Ulcer through having Ibrufen on an empty Stomach .. the tabs they give you work very quickly .. you`ll be fine .. I`d say ..

cheers jc & mark clegg, i hope to be fine, want to do the northern ! what i've trained towards ! asprin n ibupofen only make it worse though so no pain relief for me ! will have to see how things progress over weekend, just dont want to come and perform to 50 or 60% my ability ! that would be worse than waiting a week or longer !Angry
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)05-03-2009 @ 11:14 
Robbo said:
just puuting a big shout out to guy for letting me come along and train with him and mark c.watch out for these 2.they both have the consistency and strength to cause some serious damage!good luck with the injury mark.soul destroying so close to the comp aint it?!

serious damage ! ha not now ! just got back from dr's, got a stomach ulcer,not good cant even bend over ! looks like i could be out ! 5 months training towards my fist comp n it could be over before i lift that 2"axle....................upto 4 months till im 100% again, but if im even close to thinking i can lift i will give it a shot.Angry if its a no go or i feel s**t the extra week till the midlands might let the dr's drugs do there thing, any prob with me using that as my qualifier instead of the northern ? f**k f**k f**kAngry
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-03-2009 @ 18:41 
Robbo said:

cheers robbo, your welcome to train with me anytime as long as you promise to slow down a touch with the farmers !Happy Grin
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-03-2009 @ 12:15 
Post Edited: 03.03.2009 @ 12:17 PM by guy
JC said:
Clegg*, guy, markc,predictions for the day?

*Dont pussy out with this I dont know lark Wink

got to be honest i dont know ! never done a comp before ! could be totally different from training !
if all goes to plan.........
deadlift 10-12
log 7-9
farmers 23sec ish
yoke -30sec ( worst event )
stones 6-8

thats a good training day, so who knows.
Confused

im going for a top 10 my 1st time out , i hope this will be somewhere near ?
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-03-2009 @ 11:14 
JC said:
guy said:
yes mark westaby is coming along to support ! and advise i hope ! he is in amazing form at moment, look out for him at britians this year ! his pressing has gone off the scale ! should improve on his 5th place . easily !

Looks like there wont be a Britains mate Unhappy Although, when I spoke to him, seemed confident of winning Colin Bryce's Englands show. Seemed like a real nice fella

he's a top bloke, happy to help anyone willing to put in the effort, at whatever level. he just loves the sport !
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-03-2009 @ 11:07 
yes mark westaby is coming along to support ! and advise i hope ! he is in amazing form at moment, look out for him at britians this year ! his pressing has gone off the scale ! should improve on his 5th place . easily !
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-03-2009 @ 10:22 
one mackc has a beard the other is s**ttin blood ! you choose which one you want too be !Confused
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-03-2009 @ 10:16 
i,ve seen robbo do the 15 sec farmers in training ! awesome ! his stones n dead lifts are good too ! and mr copley will be fine on the day ! but i wont be far off if you slip up mark !
good luck to everyone taking part, this is my first time out n i wll be giving it 100% to make the top 10.
» fat man having ago at being a strongman (Go to post)26-02-2009 @ 10:53 
training hard pal, be good to see you doing the event stuff again soon !

You are here: HomeForumguy → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions