REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 229 guests
You are here: HomeForumDanCave → View All Posts

View All Posts: DanCave

» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)19-07-2013 @ 20:09 
whats number for gym just to arange a late weigh in tomorrow probs wont get there til 1ish as its a canny treck from newcastle... i know its in here somewhere just cant find it! cheers Happy
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)17-07-2013 @ 18:50 
Post Edited: 17.07.2013 @ 18:52 PM by DanCave
Ben_F said:
Surely you would hang in there for the Worlds if the opportunity arose? Wink

yeah that would be the only other 105 comp ill b doing mate, it was my goal at the start of the season to make it to worlds so ill be keeping nothing back come sunday!

EDIT: thats with or without my "tren" beard haha furtunately im nothing like samson and have managed to keep my strength even after the dreaded shaving accident, like to think im that little bit quicker now if anything as im more aero dynamic haha
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)17-07-2013 @ 13:53 
JC said:
Kelsey
marsbar
damo
top 3 Grin
caves beard will weigh him down meani9ng he's unable to complete most events Wink

hahahaha this i enjoyed! you might be suprised on the beard front i had a nasty accident with a razor last monday, the sweat and itching become to much so my beard is jst growing back... however think i helped me with my weight cut as am coming in nicely on target..... this could be my last 105 comp as i now lack the willingness tocut and have my eyes set on a more comfortable weight of 140kg haha
» England's Strongest Man u90kg 2013 (Go to post)15-07-2013 @ 17:54 
bruce said:It seems a shame there is only one English euros spot especially when in last year bsm the top 4 were all english

this is what i thought for the 105's with top three placing at bsm last year all coming from england!
» What food do you take to work? (Go to post)14-07-2013 @ 18:53 
250g chiken breast 75g white rice pre cooked 100g green veg
500g beefmince with 150g white rice and 100g green veg
250g of smoked cobler with 75g white rice and some brocolli
then either a box of brownies or some other fatty s**tty food Happy
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)08-07-2013 @ 12:04 
Ben_F said:
Junior UK Strongest Man 2013
Sunday 25 August - 12 noon - 5pm - Odyssey Queens Quay, Belfast - Kids Fun Zone & Stalls (8 Competitors)
1.Duck Walk Steeple Chase - 200kg - 40 metres - 90 secs - 4 x competitors
2.Log for Maximum - 100kg opener - 1 x competitor
3.Deadlift for Reps - 1 tonne car - front bar - 2 x competitors - 90 secs
4.Stones of Strength - 100kg - 160kg - barrels - 2 x competitors - 90 secs
5.New Event Coming Soon...
6.Power Stairs - 3 x 200kg blocks - 90 secs - 2 x competitor

i have a feeling his events will change last minute he has a tendancy to do that, he did mention max deadlift and log for reps on sat though i think that order would suit me better! guna get bsm 105 out the way and then look towards this! after seeing the lad he was seemingly mated with a bear and a rhino to compete from ireland at 6ft 11 and apparently not much lighter then glen and only 21 a have a feeling the moving events will magicaly disapear! but we shall see what happens
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)08-07-2013 @ 11:58 
chaos said:not bad going then danny boy! What weight you gonna be in the final then? Is BSM last 105 comp or you gonna do 105's again next year?

it is all guna depend on how i do at bsm105 mate, if i make top 2 and get the chance to go to worlds then i will probly be around 112kg as much more than that and it just becomes to much for me to loose to weigh in! if i dont make workds then i will be as heavy as i can be without giving away to much speed away, dnt wana bloat out to quick and end up gassing out on events! but this will be my last season at 105 now feel as if its time to move up.... see no reason why i cant mix it with the opens when bish and kesley have done it so well this year.
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)08-07-2013 @ 09:31 
chaos said:
where you come you fanny? where's the write up?

second... winner was 52points then a was 51points, thought i had done enough to win but was two other good lads that where heavyer then me that competed great throughout the day... was more so impressed with the young lad tht was there 18year old natty lad (not sure of his name) with some really impressive lifing, be a bright prospect in couple year! sadly ive gota keep my weight down for few more weeks which im finding difficult, looking forward to packing some beef on at the end of the year.

should know by now my write ups are few and far between, by time i got home sat night a had to go back out to work, so never had a chance! was happy to get 140log made a s**te attempt at 150 but wasnt really interested as i had already done enough for second place on tht event which is seemingly always my weak event, and me and craigs log just arent compatible as it feels about 10kg heavyer than jt logs!

was happy to yet again pull a comfortable 340kg deadlift with more there no doubt in my mind but 340 was enough to take the event win,
conans was abit of a trial run for britains as sat was the first time i have ever used one so was happy with how it went and confident that bit more training there i will fly round next time.

farmers i was confident again of an event win specialy going last up, the ground was rediculous with one side having a hill to climb with them, so being as clever as i could i darted straight to the flatter side leavig kieran to have the hilly side. finished in 17.8 seconds good enough for second palce by .1 of a second which was annoying my old friend chris bundell on the stop watch and his gammy slow fingers a think hahah

stones was wierd for me, normaly a strong event, would have prefered heavyer stones, think would of done better at the opens stones than what i done at mine tbh, with the stones being so close to platform i didnt really get in the right momentum as a like abit of a gap but the way was set up couldnt really get away with moving them so place in ireland in my last junior year, see what glen has to throw at us over there and hopefully a drink with the lads when its all over!!
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)07-07-2013 @ 20:24 
mikex101 said:I just got home after this yesterday. that heat was unreal to try and compete in!
Finished 6th in my first ESM so cant be too disappointed! invite to the UK's too. f**k knows how I did that, performances in the first 4 events were s**t!!

Ben and Ed's battle for 1st was epic!

And if anyone on here responsible for nicking my long orange foam roller id like it back. Grin

i have your foam roller and your never getting it back so there Tongue well done mate! back in gym tues we have stuff to work on!

think craig wasnt the only one suffering from sun damage yesterday! sure the oxygen is different that far down the country!! i went in with intention of simply qualifying and done just that. wasnt planning on having to pull a heavy deadlift which i was slightly annoyed about as three comps with max deadlift in 6 weeks is no good for my glass back! think i was good for more but happy to of left it at that.....
» UKs Strongest Man Under 105 2013 Final (Go to post)07-07-2013 @ 12:01 
Marc3824 said:Still need you to let me know guys please.......?

as it stands mate i wont be competing, so can give my place to next person in line
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)05-07-2013 @ 19:41 
Ben_F said:
Aye, good luck to Big Ben and also Cave Man Dan (don't forget to check his ID VERY carefully!).

hahah cheers mate.... just a hard paper round thats all..... just got down here now second time in two weeks with the long treck!!
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)04-07-2013 @ 08:37 
force10 said:
Thing is I can only imagine you are moaning about the rule same with others because you cant deadlift without hitching. Its the same when people moan about strongmen doing splits on overhead events, or moaning about having togo deep on squats, its basicly the moaners cant do it and moan because they get beaten by a better athlete who trains in a better way.
Iv basicly had it with moany so called strongmen to be honest, go back to the gym and learn to lift properly please.

hitching is part of strongman wether you like it or not, if its not guna be allowed then so be it we will all be under the same rules come comp day. however what no one wants to see is individuals criticise people who do hitch or the sport on a whole! all strongman deadlifts records are hitched pretty much its just what happens, it does not make them any poorer of an athlete nor does t give you the right to judge someone on there ability when the fact is we are here to enjoy this sport not to criticise anyone that participates in it.

i can see why you are so against it coming from a powerlifting background, however thats powerlfting and this is NOT!
clearly by how strong you feel about no hitching you obviously feel it is going to lower some peoples max efforts which could potentialy work in favour of the lad you train.
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)02-07-2013 @ 22:32 
force10 said:I will be there so if you need a powerlifting ref for the deadlift I dont mind doing it.

no offence but can see that being a problem for alot of competitors (including myself) having you referee any event since you seem to have a part in valdas training.
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)28-06-2013 @ 16:41 
ystradboy79 said:
Do find it a bit strange that straps and suits are being allowed but no hitching , can understand the no resting on the knees rule we had in the Welsh open but not zero tolerance , everyone wants to see big numbers being pulled surely?

valid point here.... we all go into comps with an aim off wanting some sort a pb specialy with a max deadlift in a comp... surely a spectator tht has paid to watch in this instance wants to see someone struggle like f**k with a deadlift but keep pulling away until lock out..... not someone pull a smooth boring deadlift!! i personaly live for big deadlifts and firmly belive if ya havnt s**t yaself trying you havnt tried hard enough! hence forth if it gets from a to b! its should be a good lift in strongman!
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)27-06-2013 @ 14:46 
think the postcode is rg1 8df mate..... of napier road!!
can ya put my name down aswel please cheers

You are here: HomeForumDanCave → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions