REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 161 guests
You are here: HomeForumrichcooper → View All Posts

View All Posts: richcooper

» 317.5kg / 700lb Uneq Deadlift PB (Go to post)05-07-2012 @ 17:31 
Looking strong mate
» Deadlifting more without a belt??!! (Go to post)09-06-2012 @ 12:21 
James: I'm just not sure I'd be diciplined enough to follow a structured plan, I don't think I really take training serious enough for that, too busy having fun with it and I think once it's no longer fun I won't be interested at all. As for competing after a couple of reasonable results the start of the year, pulling out injured of the last two has put a downer on things. I'm just gonna see what happens and how I feel as I go.

Jack: it's nice to know people's opinions and thoughts on it. Think I'm gonna perserveere belt less for a while and see how I go
» Deadlifting more without a belt??!! (Go to post)09-06-2012 @ 11:22 
so does this now beg the question, whats the point in wearing a belt at all?? i presume it has some effects for either leverage or stabilisation or a mix of both??
» Deadlifting more without a belt??!! (Go to post)08-06-2012 @ 21:11 
JamesH said:It is easy to go too tight with a belt, that could be an issue.

As for the 15kg pb, how do you usually train? First deadlift session back I think that few would even consider going for a PB, even if they did feel good. Do you usually follow any particular plan?

I must admit I only really put a belt on when I think things are getting towards the heavy end of things, I do t feel I rely on using one. As for training method I just play it by ear, I don't have a plan for each session I just turn up and keep picking stuff up until its too heavy, I don't think I have the discipline to follow a set routine.
» Deadlifting more without a belt??!! (Go to post)08-06-2012 @ 17:40 
I agree the rest may of helped however last night I pulled 15kg more without a belt than I ever have wearing one and it just seemed too big a jump to be solely down to being rested.

As for my weight, I'm fairly heavy but not all that thick round the waist so no real massive belly to have in the way.
» Deadlifting more without a belt??!! (Go to post)08-06-2012 @ 16:34 
After having a couple of problems with my back recently ive had some time away from the gym and ive decided to take a step back and start from scratch with this whole training thing.

So in my infinate wisdom, when deadlifting i decided to keep my belt off as i started working up to a reasonable weight and found it much easier, so much so i had a pop at a PB which I got then another which I again got. Now im generally a poor deadlifter and im pleased it seems to be moving in the right direction but surely I should be lifting more when im belted up??

Have i been wearing my belt in the past too tight, too loose, in the wrong place?? Is it not a wise idea to pursue PB's in this mannor or if its working should I just stick with it or am I risking injury??

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly recieved.

Rich
» Wolverhampton (Go to post)05-06-2012 @ 17:33 
filthhounds said:Fazc,
try Powerpress Gym, Turner Street, Dudley. Also got a dedicated team of lifters and often puts on comps for BDFPA.

Is it any good here? Popped over to look a couple of times and it was closed
» Criccieth Feat Stone (Go to post)16-05-2012 @ 16:05 
My moms got a place bout half hour down the road, I might come and have a look
» What little things make you happy? (Go to post)06-04-2012 @ 10:28 
New Socks
The cold side of the pillow
When im able to get off the toilet without my knees hurting
» Knee supports? (Go to post)17-03-2012 @ 15:19 
I have chronic knee issues and after trying the cheaper alternatives I got a pair of the old style rehband and their far and away the best you'll get. Spend now as I pretty much guarantee you'll spend at least the equilivant cost on ones which dont work for you before you put your hand in your pocket for the ones that do, by which time they may no longer be available
» 2012 Bodypower - the no BS thread (Go to post)15-03-2012 @ 20:34 
Ha ha if the end of last year is anything to go by you'll have no trouble making me look silly! I think I have a bit of a score to settle after last years placings cock up leaving me posting my third place to Si.
» 2012 Bodypower - the no BS thread (Go to post)15-03-2012 @ 20:10 
VanillaGorilla said:
Hmm. It was a tough choice anyway, this has made it somewhat tougher.
I initially looked at the heavies, but various people advised me to do the opens.
I could share my reasons if anyone's interested?
I'd hate to be 'that c**t' who should be in a different class.

Any thoughts which one your gonna do Dave? I've signed up for the opens as it stands but guess there are legitimate reasons to justify doing either that or the heavies?!
» 1RM Back Squat (Go to post)09-03-2012 @ 19:40 
ursus said:
dont you remember what happened last time you had some nose tork !!!!

Ah the good old days! I really should start training again
» 1RM Back Squat (Go to post)09-03-2012 @ 17:19 
ursus said:
Yes Mr Cooper they do do Ma-nup nasal spray aswell................................................ its called Tork

It's good to see we have a simelar mind set
» 1RM Back Squat (Go to post)09-03-2012 @ 13:19 
ursus said:Big Dave i can get you another prescription sent out for another dose of Ma-nup pills if you want ?? Wink

You dont need a calculator mate just have a bash , i would of thought youd be around the 290 mark deffo

Do these Ma-nup pills come in the form of a nasal spray, Ive had a severe case of man flue for about a week and its making training difficult.

You are here: HomeForumrichcooper → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions