REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 33 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumrichcooper → View All Posts

View All Posts: richcooper

» Strict press repping technique (Go to post)02-03-2012 @ 23:38 
Dead stop up until my last set where once I'm getting close to failing I'll use the momentum then perhaps a little bit of leg drive for the last couple of reps.
» Midshires Strongest Man 2012 (Go to post)07-02-2012 @ 19:49 
ursus said:Perhaps it would be an idea to give an 'idea' of the weight/events,before asking for anyone whos interested to put there name down ?
IM OUT ! didnt realise it was a light one, thanks anyway !!!!!

x2

Sorry to mess you about Les, got my eye on a couple of heavier comps this time round. Only live down the road so i'll definately be popping down to spectate.
» 350kg Tyre for free if someone can collect it (Go to post)19-01-2012 @ 12:22 
Theirs one in the midlands if your interested
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)19-01-2012 @ 10:33 
Not that I'm being tight but do the guys competing get a plus 1?
» Maintaining your concentration at a comp (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 21:16 
milsy said:Switch off and keep to yourself no laughing and chatting in-between lifts you will totaly lose focus an don't get phsyced up to early in a big fan of mental triggers if you watch ever squat I do I touch the bar with my nose 2-3 times swaying back and forth slowly breathing and my muscles get tighter and tighter until the last sway where shock the bar with my hands and RAM my shoulders under the bar

I think I need to find a happy medium between being relaxed and psyched up. Interesting about your routine leading up to a squat.

Does anyone else have any pre lift routines or superstitions that they go through prior to a lift?
» Maintaining your concentration at a comp (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 10:00 
I think I need to give this some thought, I apreciate your kind words gray and the gym training is going ok, however I've not touched an event since my dummy and teddys came out the pram at st Ives. I'm not really into the whole mad psyche up thing, I lift better when I'm relaxed and don't put any pressure on myself, which is easy enough at the gym but I seem to struggle when it gets to comp time. Think the idea of a cue to get me into my best frame of mind might be the way forward.
Cheers gents
» Maintaining your concentration at a comp (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 22:28 
I'm not sure relaxing is the problem, if anything I'm a bit too relaxed.
» Maintaining your concentration at a comp (Go to post)09-01-2012 @ 22:06 
What techniques if any do people employ to keep focused throughout the duration of a comp. I tend to be ok for the first couple of events then pretty much switch off which Isn't ideal. I'd try the iPod thing but that doesn't hold my attention either. Any ideas greatly recieved.
» Metal King deadlifter 56 (Go to post)04-01-2012 @ 19:48 
Sold to vanilla! If you beat me wearing it this year I may cry!
» Metal King deadlifter 56 (Go to post)04-01-2012 @ 18:41 
It's yours for a beer and the cost of postage, seems a shame just to leave it doing nothing.

Cheers
» Working doors.......?? (Go to post)23-12-2011 @ 12:16 
I've been on the doors now for the last 9 years pretty much every weekend and it's one of those things that can get under your skin. Times have changed and their are a large number of people working who are more likely to get you into trouble than prevent it. And you don't get a lot of money for it and the risk of being stabbed, shot etc is unfortunately quite high again depending on where you work. If you do decide to get it don't go on thinking you have a point to prove, be polite and professional and you can get on ok. It would certainly be worth looking at the summer festival circuit in the summer as their is some good money to be made
» Elbow Sleeves (Go to post)22-12-2011 @ 04:02 
Cheers mate
» Elbow Sleeves (Go to post)21-12-2011 @ 19:59 
Does anyone know what brand of elbow sleeves Brian Shaw and others were using at the giants in London, more to the point are they any good??

Cheers
» All you can eat steak (Go to post)25-11-2011 @ 20:18 
VanillaGorilla said:That's where I'm off tonight. Just thought I'd share Grin

http://www.amazonbrazilrestaurants.com/

Let me know how it is mate, may be worth a trip
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)23-11-2011 @ 15:22 
VanillaGorilla said:Potentially interested in this.

x2

You are here: HomeForumrichcooper → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto