Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsnorth yorkshires strongestman 2013

north yorkshires strongestman 2013

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Keiran jones will do well, top 5 i think.
sroll
marklawson said:Any serious top 5 predictions from anyone ?
I hear the favourite is out due to injury cud give garry n tom a chance now
James miller is my man to watch

ha ha I dont know if I was favourite Mark m8...quite a few strongmen have approached me and said they thought i would win the show ...who knows...i think I had a realistic chance and was in great form...im very disappointed to miss it obviously especially with Mr Hollands attending and i had alot of mates coming up for it, but such as life....alot of brusieing under the arm pitt and MRI thursday!! not good!!

I think I will come and cheer Mick Brown on tho from my gym. Competed against him at Yorkshires SM and he is deceptively fit n quick, immensely powerfull and he might spring a surprise! He'll be the strongest static guy there on the day! He is a British Powerlifting Champion.... Won every event yesterday at the winter warmers comp and i think si jonhston was competing so he's looking good! He can't squat though so ive heard pmsl !!!! only about 400 RAW LOL

I'll throw a prediction in Mark ....think you, Mick, tom and gary will all be top 5 but im going for GG for the win! Think he'll edge it with them events! No pressure gary LOL !!! Good luck to all lads on the day!

Steve
BigT
I have enjoyed this thread! Sarcasm and delusions.

I am at about 65% after my ankle injury and having just become a Dad, but am looking forward to testing myself again and having a laugh with mates.

Think Gaz will win, Mark and I will be in top 4 and that James Miller will start to show he is ready for the Opens. Al has done Opens before, but not for a while, so will be good to see him back!
sroll
BigT said:I have enjoyed this thread! Sarcasm and delusions.

I am at about 65% after my ankle injury and having just become a Dad, but am looking forward to testing myself again and having a laugh with mates.

Think Gaz will win, Mark and I will be in top 4 and that James Miller will start to show he is ready for the Opens. Al has done Opens before, but not for a while, so will be good to see him back!

That is clearly aimed at me tom lol

I knew you wouldnt be able to handle that comment - which is completely fair and modest really! I said I had a chance...is that delusional? sorry yeah I had no chance!!! I stand corrected! lol
BigT
Post Edited: 28.01.2013 @ 20:20 PM by BigT
Actually it wasnt aimed at you, but you always think it is. So here we go again.
having competed with most of what would be considered the top guys in this.

it would be hard to make a call on all names mentioned but every one has there day and everyone has an off day.
as any of them have a chance of winning as well.

have a good day on sunday lads
sroll
kingham22 said:having competed with most of what would be considered the top guys in this.

it would be hard to make a call on all names mentioned but every one has there day and everyone has an off day.
as any of them have a chance of winning as well.

have a good day on sunday lads

I think its fairly obvious it was tom... but thanks to mark Kingham for giving a very fair assessment there! I'd very much agree with that!

VIP the shorts lol
sroll
RIP even lol
wayne_t
b**ches or strongmen.............. let the public decide lol
sroll
wayne_t said:b**ches or strongmen.............. let the public decide lol

Answer is obvious!! Long nails the lot! Im just off for a tan pal! pmsl
Post Edited: 29.01.2013 @ 12:06 PM by JC
For any open comp up north, it's always difficult to look beyond Gardner, Shaw & Lawson...the tried adn tested guys year on year

Given the events, if they're in shape, Colin Jones & Wayne could do very well as both more superbly
sroll
I just want to see adam turn up! PMSL !!!! that will be a victory!! lol
In all honesty this could be anybodys as some of the events aren't to the upper end of the weights for an open comp, the two medleys certainly aren't anyway. Frame carry looks hard, and hopefully see some very big deadlifts to.
Looking forward to hearing the results, and gauging where everyone is for the beginning of the season. Good luck to all who are competing and may the best man win.
What's the final line up for this? I've seen some posts on FB saying it's sold out for spectators?!
wayne_t
Just spoke to Garry and its has sold out

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsnorth yorkshires strongestman 2013
Return to top View Desktop Site