Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionguiness?

guiness?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

does it actually carry health benefits in moderation

I always hear storys of lifters of years gone by drinking upto a pint a day as they thought it helped there strength

along the same lines my grandad was in hospitol with an infected bone in his neck which he had removed when he was younger and laid up in half body cast for over a year and he would receive a small can every day on the ward
Although i doubt it... I hope so! A pint of Guinness every day for health reasons yes please.
Everyone knows Guinness makes you stronger!
Guinness did used to get prescribed in hospital in days gone by, thankfully those days are behind us
brownbear said:Guinness did used to get prescribed in hospital in days gone by, thankfully those days are behind us

Whut?
dr_hazbun
brownbear said:Guinness did used to get prescribed in hospital in days gone by, thankfully those days are behind us

Yes, one used to be able to prescibe a 'tot' of Guinness.

I never did. I'm too young.
my mrs got told to drink small amounts of it wen she was pregnant by the midwifes cos she was low on iron. i dont drink often but wen i do its usually guiness. i dont think it has any benefits other than the iron but that still makes it the lesser of 2 evils
Steve
milsy said:does it actually carry health benefits in moderation

I always hear storys of lifters of years gone by drinking upto a pint a day as they thought it helped there strength

along the same lines my grandad was in hospitol with an infected bone in his neck which he had removed when he was younger and laid up in half body cast for over a year and he would receive a small can every day on the ward

Up to a pint a day?

The top lifters from when I was lifting would recommend a lot more than that. Two or three pint after training (with perhaps few nuts for protein) makes the perfect after workout drink.
"Guinness, it's good for you"

Was what the advert said. I BELIEVE IT
DomRedshaw said:my mrs got told to drink small amounts of it wen she was pregnant by the midwifes cos she was low on iron. i dont drink often but wen i do its usually guiness. i dont think it has any benefits other than the iron but that still makes it the lesser of 2 evils

There's about 0.3mg of iron in a pint of Guinness. So about 30% of a single egg yolk.

The iron content of Guinness myth is just that. A myth.
VanillaGorilla said:
There's about 0.3mg of iron in a pint of Guinness. So about 30% of a single egg yolk.

ah well thats disappointing. didnt realise there was that little in guinness and that much in yolks.
DomRedshaw said:
ah well thats disappointing. didnt realise there was that little in guinness and that much in yolks.

You should still drink it though as it actually contains 100% of your RDA of delicious Grin
dr_hazbun
Post Edited: 16.12.2012 @ 19:15 PM by dr_hazbun
DomRedshaw said:

Guinness with eggnog chaser for the win?
Steve
VanillaGorilla said:

But still good for you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3266819.stm
Steve said:
Up to a pint a day?
The top lifters from when I was lifting would recommend a lot more than that. Two or three pint after training (with perhaps few nuts for protein) makes the perfect after workout drink.

Haa I have heard the storys of a four pint postworkout session in the pub many a time along with lifters leaving a lit cig resting against the edge of the platform so they could ave a drag to recover from there set

You are here: HomeForumNutritionguiness?
Return to top View Desktop Site