Back injury, comp soon- what to do...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ben66Icon...18-05-2011 @ 12:52 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Thing said:
one thing that you describe is that its sore when bending forward, can i ask if its sore when you go from a seated to standing position?

It is, particularly if I've been in the same position for a while. Feels alot better if i've been moving around alot. Mostly sore if i lean forward and round the whole back, or tilt my head down.
ThingIcon...18-05-2011 @ 13:05 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.05.2011 @ 13:06 PM by Thing
ben66 said:
It is, particularly if I've been in the same position for a while. Feels alot better if i've been moving around alot. Mostly sore if i lean forward and round the whole back, or tilt my head down.

Right i'm suffering with something similar to what your going through except mine is is 3 years down the line and its exceptionally sore on the the deadlift and squat days. i dropped deadlift and squats from my training and when i started back at them it was agony. what the doc i have been dealing with has said i have a Bulging Disc in L5 of my spine and that the facet joints in L3, L4 & L5 are in hypertrophy so basically the space in the joint in narrowing and the damage i did to the are when i had a coughing fit (which started this all off) damaged the deep muscles (multifidi) and the nerves. so i'm getting the nerves sensitivity dulled down.

but for you at 89kg i doubt its a Weight problem, if you can sit with good posture and also move around as much as you can this will help IMO.
now for you training rest this week and stretch you low back glute priformis and Hamstring daily even twice a day if you have time hold the stretches for 30 secs or build up to that time.
i have found it help me to stretch the hams and glutes first thing in the morning. but sitting at a desk has shorted mine over time and its my own fault that i neglected the stretches there.

also a nice log warm bath can help too.

if it persists get to your GP and ask for th Pain Clinic if your local NHS authority has that type of department.

Where are you based as i'm dealing with the pain clinic at ARI in Aberdeen just
now.

PLEASE NOTE I'M NO DOCTOR OR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL AND JUST DESCRIBING MY OWN EXPERIENCES
ben66Icon...18-05-2011 @ 13:13 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Thing said:
Right i'm suffering with something similar to what your going through except mine is is 3 years down the line and its exceptionally sore on the the deadlift and squat days. i dropped deadlift and squats from my training and when i started back at them it was agony. what the doc i have been dealing with has said i have a Bulging Disc in L5 of my spine and that the facet joints in L3, L4 & L5 are in hypertrophy so basically the space in the joint in narrowing and the damage i did to the are when i had a coughing fit (which started this all off) damaged the deep muscles (multifidi) and the nerves. so i'm getting the nerves sensitivity dulled down.
but for you at 89kg i doubt its a Weight problem, if you can sit with good posture and also move around as much as you can this will help IMO.
now for you training rest this week and stretch you low back glute priformis and Hamstring daily even twice a day if you have time hold the stretches for 30 secs or build up to that time.
i have found it help me to stretch the hams and glutes first thing in the morning. but sitting at a desk has shorted mine over time and its my own fault that i neglected the stretches there.
also a nice log warm bath can help too.
if it persists get to your GP and ask for th Pain Clinic if your local NHS authority has that type of department.
Where are you based as i'm dealing with the pain clinic at ARI in Aberdeen just
now.
PLEASE NOTE I'M NO DOCTOR OR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL AND JUST DESCRIBING MY OWN EXPERIENCES

Cheers Thing, I think stretching may be the key, somehting i never realy do any more but used to.

I'm based in Aberdeen, have been to the pain clinic before when I fractured my spine a few years back, didn't do me much good TBH.

I'll hopefully stretch it out and see how it goes over the next few days. I'll be doing the comp regardless, just not the run up that I anticipated Happy
ThingIcon...18-05-2011 @ 13:24 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
ben66 said:
Cheers Thing, I think stretching may be the key, somehting i never realy do any more but used to.
I'm based in Aberdeen, have been to the pain clinic before when I fractured my spine a few years back, didn't do me much good TBH.
I'll hopefully stretch it out and see how it goes over the next few days. I'll be doing the comp regardless, just not the run up that I anticipated Happy

what did you have done by them?

but stretching will help big time.
milsyIcon...18-05-2011 @ 14:27 
Ne n coner a fuickex .ay ouse part we .be
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
To answer what's the worst that can happen a small easily healed minor muscle tear which would stop u training for 10 days could turn into a major muscle tear which could put u out of work and training for a while
To
milsyIcon...18-05-2011 @ 14:27 
Ne n coner a fuickex .ay ouse part we .be
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
To answer what's the worst that can happen a small easily healed minor muscle tear which would stop u training for 10 days could turn into a major muscle tear which could put u out of work and training for a while
To

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions