REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 171 guests

Anybody got a link to any novice strongman comp results?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JamieGIcon...27-03-2013 @ 22:15 
Tom's CNS is better than steroids
Member 2886, 2973 posts
SQ 190, BP 122.5, DL 210
522.5 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Haha i might manage 1 rep or 2 then!

31 reps of anything sounds horrific never mind a motorised vehicle.
terryhollandsIcon...28-03-2013 @ 09:13 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
VanillaGorilla said:
Why? Who cares if you win a novice show? Novice shows are just for practise until you can move on to proper strongman competitions. No one cares if you win a novice, it is meaningless.
Honestly no one gives a f**k except a few s**tty little gym rat heroes.
So you want to win, good, a competitive nature is important for this, so I assume you want to win at open level?
In which case you'd better wait until you have a 320kg deadlift and a 160kg overhead and you can run with 140kg farmers. Then you might stand a chance of winning something. Except you'll be against guys with 350kg pulls and 180kg overheads.
More to the point they'll be experienced. By the time they're at that level of strength they may well have done two dozen competitions and will be busy kicking your ass while you sit there with your nerves getting the better of you and you realise your nutritional preperation was all wrong.
So we find ourselves back at the start. Find a novice competition, sign up, enjoy it, and let your experience, enjoyment and technical proficiency improve alongside your strength.
Or not, whatever.

GREAT ADVICE!

Just get in and do one! Strongman is fun even if you're not winning to start. Your numbers are strong enough you will in no way make a tit of yourself
KingdaleIcon...29-03-2013 @ 00:15 
Member 4440, 14 posts
SQ 200, BP 130, DL 240
570.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Keeping my eye out for competitions now going to take your advice and get started asap rather than later.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions