TL:DR
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Deads day (Sat 17 Nov 12)

ME deads
WU 120x10, 170x8, 220x5

250x4
270x2 (quick text to my ginger welsh friend to say got it and was easy should have had third, his reply "pffft you should try harder next time" soooo...)

270x3 wooot

DE deads
170x3x3

Chins
bw+5kg 1x4+1p, 2x4

BOR
140x 1x5, 2x4

BAM baby done... really really pleased with these today felt soooo good...

Deads - havent really done any heavy pulling for a while so thought would just go to 250 do a couple of sets and leave it at that... 250 went up so well went to 270 first set flew up but as had number in mind left it at 2, that will teach me... after some wise words from my friend I thought about it for a minute and decided fvck it and lifted again 270 for 3 which was just as easy as the first set... freaking loved it... the speed deads went really well, happy with the speed off the floor finally...

Chins - need to work on these, still one of my worst exercises... felt nice though...

BOR - surprisingly good, was going to do 120 but thought sod it will see how a bit more weight goes... as it turns out it went fine, will work on getting more reps out though...

fantastic session today, got me soooo keyed up for lifting it wasnt funny, want to lift every day and just keep pounding the iron but will stick to the game plan... slowly slowly catchy monkey
GreyphantomIcon...20-11-2012 @ 18:56 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squats

ME squats
WU 70x10, 110x8, 150x6, 190x3, *belt on* 220x1

240x2x1

ME squats
150x3x3

GM
115x 2x7, 1x5

SLDL
150 x1x5 (grip went), *straps on* 1x8, 1x7

Crying...

wow fantastic workout, loads of pain, cant walk now... well can but only small distances...

Squats - felt so great and damn near wanted to not do them as had a dose of CBA... couple of cups of mtfu and voila... warm ups felt awesome, tight and form was spot on... technique work is paying off... up to 220 was easy... 240 didnt feel as heavy on the back, and better yet depth was really good... although tbh I am not sure it was due to me really trying more the weight driving me down felt really good nice and tight, coming out of the hole was like a spring bouncing me off the floor... legs were pretty freaking pumped and wrecked but felt good...

ME squats - were wobbly, legs were like lead and even when I went as fast as I could the speed just wasnt as fast as I would have liked...

GM - wow big surprise here, these felt really strong and caned my back... surprised that I upped the weight and got more reps too...

SLDL - upped the weight and found that grip went after 5 reps on the first set... strapped up and got out a few more... again felt really good, had trouble sitting or standing after this... walking was like I had just been set upon by a randy stallion...

really really loving training atm... things are going well and I am already at my openers from my last comp at the start of my prep, very happy... working technique has been a blessing... weight is sitting at 112.5 which has increased in the last couple of weeks... but not too much...
strengthathleteIcon...20-11-2012 @ 19:20 
Member 3632, 458 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 122.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 104.5kgs UnEq
Hello Mate,

Good to see your on here buddy how you doing got comp in 5 days absolutely buzzing to go.Happy Happy Happy
GreyphantomIcon...21-11-2012 @ 18:42 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Bench

ME bench
WU 70x10, 90x8, 110x4

130x2x2, 1x1

WGBP
105x2x5, 1x4

Dips
BW+15kg x1x5+1p, 1x5, 1x3

Dislocations
bar x3x20

felt hard today, really achey and just knackered... but cant complain as main reps are up and they felt ok...

Bench - warm ups felt great, still have a small pain in my humerous but not enough to bother me too much... 130 I wanted more reps than last week... goal achieved ... felt happy with getting 2 sets of 2, should have had 2 on the third but I lost my leg drive and that was that... did find that my slowing point is a good 6 inches higher than it has been before... I attribute this to the WGBP for strength off the chest... now to work on some tricep strength to get that lock out sold...

WGBP - tried a slightly wider grip for the first set, felt weird but ok until I racked the bar.. then I found out why I dont go that wide lol... pinched the side of my hand between the bar and the j hook... very ouchie... came back in that little bit on the next two sets but its pretty sore atm, not an ache as such but stings a little...

Dips - by this stage I was feeling knackered... managed to grind out a few reps per set not as many as I wanted but still ok...

Dislocations - still love these... helps the shoulders no end...

Was a good session today but felt hard, very knackered... think doing two sessions one afte another, esp after a heavy squat session is not the done thing... ahead on the weights so far which is good...
GreyphantomIcon...21-11-2012 @ 18:43 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
strengthathlete said:Hello Mate,

Good to see your on here buddy how you doing got comp in 5 days absolutely buzzing to go.Happy Happy Happy

hi mate, youll have to help me out with recognising the name Grin

which comp is that?
GreyphantomIcon...23-11-2012 @ 16:39 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Deads day

Heavy speed deads
WU 120x10, 170x8, 220x5

250x5x3

Chins
BW+5kg x1x6, 1x4+1p, 1x4

BOR
140x2x6, 1x5

Deads - oh all thats good and holy... fvck me the pump on this was horrendous... did 5 sets of 3 in 10 mins and it just burned... well not burned but ACHED... ok both... felt really good though and in the first 3 sets speed seemed good, died off a bit set 4 and 5 but still had the will to drive my legs down into the floor... at no stage did it feel heavy though so thats a plus in my book... really happy...

Chins - had to take a min between deads and chins... a loooong minute but they felt better than in previous weeks and it gave my lower back a chance to stretch out... still got some work to do on these though...

BOR - felt really good today... great feeling in the upper back and in fact its still aching now... nice strong movements althought tbh there was probably some momentum going on in that last set for sure...

really good training session today... great start to my prep and even though I really wanted to push the weight on deads I reined that in so I could take a good crack at some decent numbers next week in a great gym... have a great feeling about training right now and see some decent progress being made... bring it on baby...
GreyphantomIcon...27-11-2012 @ 17:14 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squats

ME squats
WU 70x10, 110x8, 150x6, 190x3 *belt on 220x1

240x2x2

DE squats
150x3x3

GM
120x2x6, 1x5

SLDL
160x1x9, 1x8, 1x7

ooooh I am in hurtyville now... legs are well and truly fvcked with a capital d...

Squats - oh good god these were awesome... technique work is paying off hugely, sitting back and getting the pop out of the hole is working its magic... the accessory work is helping with keeping my upper back tight and chest up and out, its all coming together... 220 was super low and felt easy... very heartening and got a bit over excited as the first rep of 240 felt ok, but rushed the second and it felt awkward lol... however the last set of 2 were just amazing... sat back nicely took my time and drove out of the hole... everything just clicked into place... the DE squats were really good, fast and smooth... freaking loved squats today...

GM - oh boy hard, but good... upped the weight but felt better than last week... really working these and feeling their benefit...

SLDL - by this stage was feeling rather sick lol... first two sets went well but the third was a force of will... just shagged, things were hurting and energy sapped... read Doug Youngs quote I have on the wall and did it...

now sitting here with incredibly sore legs, in a good way though if you know what I mean... was supposed to do squats yesterday (monday) but due to some family stuff couldnt get to it... probably for the best though as today kicked ass...
GreyphantomIcon...29-11-2012 @ 18:30 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Bench

ME bench
WU 70x10, 90x8, 110x4

135x3x1

WGBP
105x1x8, 1x6, 1x4+1f

Dips
BW+15kg x1x8+1p, 1x6+1p, 1x4

Dislocations
bar x3x20

woo hooo, fantastic session that was very unexpected, had to repair our fence today so a lot of digging out the old, making good the post hole and then concreting in the new... lifting fence sections in place etc... elbows were very sore after this so wasnt expecting a lot...

Bench - upped the weight today and got 3 singles much more easily than expected... sticking point is def higher off the chest... felt very good and strong, set up on the 2nd set was not as good as the other two but still got it up well...

WGBP - really good today, first set the weight fairly flew up and felt good, the next 2 were good but reps decreased... to be expected... really happy with these...

Dips - wasnt expecting alot with these due to elbows but big surprise here... added a load of reps and felt better than previous weeks... chest was in bits after these... really needed to stretch it out...

Disloc. - oh god these are wonderful, the stretch you get is amazing... feel so much through the shoulders and chest and they hurt in such a good way lol...

what a session, from not expecting much to upping weights and reps across the board, couldnt be any happier... well I could but that would involve breaking some pb's lol... well on track for the next comp and should get some good numbers... chest is in total bits and I love that feeling... bring it ON...!!!
GreyphantomIcon...03-12-2012 @ 16:03 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Dead day

ME deads
WU 120x10, 170x8, 210x5, 250x2, 280x1

305xf

DE deads
170x3x3

BOR
140x3x7

dammit, that freaking number over 300 just dont want to fricking lift... it was that heavy tbh and I didnt feel weak going into it but it just stopped above the knees...

Deads - felt pretty good, back was a bit tight from squat day still but as I warmed up it loosened up... 280 damn near flew up and instead of just trying another 300 I thought fvck it add 5 and break that straw... but it just didnt want to go... should have, need to break the mental block, will def get that I know I will... speed deads went well and felt awesome...

BOR - felt really good and by the end back was in bits...

whilst I was trying the 305 a few lads were "squatting" in the rack next to the dead platform and when I started unloading the bar one of them asked, what was that you were trying to lift, I told him and his reply... um so what do you bench fpmsl... when I told him he looked at his squat weight (with all the wraps and chalk along that back and a max of a couple of inches of movement it was 2 plates aside) sort of went ah... then I told him yeah its a weak lift of mine but squat and dead is ok lol...
GreyphantomIcon...11-12-2012 @ 07:12 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squat day

ME squats
WU 70x10, 110x8, 150x6, 190x3, 220x1 (no belt and think thats the best I have done with no belt)

Belt on

240x1x2

250x2x1

DE squat
150x3x3

GM
125x2x6

SLDL
170x2x6

ooooouch...

squats - felt so good, weight was easy up to 190 then it was a little harder at 220... did 220 with no belt for the first time I think and it felt nice and tight and a little deeper than I expected to go but still came out of the hole well... belt on and 240 for 2 went up really well, which I didnt expect as I didnt do squats last week as felt a bit poorly... (ear ached really bad for a few days, first time had one of those in a long time, plus just generally feeling like urgh) so this week was just going to do 240 again to bed it in but as it went up so nicely thought would try 250 for a single, that was nice but I was not too sure the depth was good enough I mean it "felt" parallel but did one more to make sure... the 2nd 250 was more of a grind as I made damn sure of depth and at one point thought it was going to bury me but dug deep and growled it up lol... felt awesome and my form is def far better, able to keep chest up and out and shoulders back and upper back nice and tight... DE squats were not as fast as I would like, didnt think my legs had that much out of them but they were decidedly wobbly lol...

GM - first set started a bit meh, but after a rep or two got into it nicely... by the second set I could feel in well in my lower back so left it at 2 sets...

SLDL - same as with GM left it at two sets today and was lucky I did, felt really good but bl00dy hurt for sure but in a good way... posterior chain well and truly wracked after this...

really really great workout today, happy with progress and felt so much better than previous... going to consolidate and make sure of depth etc while moving on all the time... the extra attention paid to technique and form is paying off... luckily I stopped the last two exercises after the 2nd set as my boy had missed his bus and just as I had finished tidying up my gym I got a text to go pick him up... esp must have been on today... feeling well better today compared to last week as was a bit dodge for me... must have just been a cold or summit as its all gone now... thank god cos I hate having no appetite... onward and upward...
GreyphantomIcon...12-12-2012 @ 16:33 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 12.12.2012 @ 16:34 PM by Greyphantom
Bench day

Bench
WU 70x2x5, 90x5

110x6

WGBP
80x1x15, 2x10

TPD
30x1x15, 1x12, 1x11

Dips
BWx2x3

Dislocations
bar x3x20

started the jdig plan today lol... damn its not as easy as I thought... sure the top weights this week are light and tbh I thought well not sure about that but once into the rest of it ouch... couldnt believe how it hit my chest and tris... I did push it through faster than usual too which may have made a difference...

Bench - felt really good, worked the technique as the top weight was not that heavy... wasnt getting the leg drive in as much as I would like... more to work on next time...

WGBP - this is where it started hurting... great first set and could have done a couple more but the second was like hitting a brick wall... third was a grind... chest was freaking sore after this...

TPD - not done these in a loooong time... didnt expect much but should have known better... tris already hit a bit from bench were fried totally after...

Dips - could have cried that I had to do these... tried to add weight to BW but it just wasnt working... so just did some BW stuff and even that was hard... tris were just gone hard to lock out and even press out from the bottom... third set just wasnt going to go...

Dislocations - first set was a bit hard as so tight through chest shoulders and tris but soon loosened me up thank goodness... still highly recommend these...

well expectations were not high as bench top set was a bit light but damn if I aint smarting lol... feel totally worked and loving it... bring on the next round...
GreyphantomIcon...14-12-2012 @ 16:55 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Deads day (the jdig plan)

Deads
WU 120x2x5, 150x5

180x5

140x3x3

Chins
BW+5kg 1x8, 1x6, 1x4+1p

BOR
150x2x5

Facepulls
30x1x12
40x1x8, 1x7

ok so first day doing the jdig plan for deads and tbh the weights just seemed light...

Deads - as said warm ups were fine but the top sets were light, very light, 180 flew up from the floor and felt lighter than they have in the past... however it gave me plenty of opportunity to work on technique and speed... really focussed on this and it felt good... worked the hips thrusting through and really blasting it from the floor... wasnt taxing but was rewarding...

Chins - really good this week, however on the second set I twinged my forearm which wasnt great but did a third which I prob shouldnt have in retrospect... felt much stronger this week, prob because I didnt go so heavy on the deads...

BOR - upped the weight a bit and surprisingly it felt good, forearm didnt like them though so I wore straps for the second set, still wasnt happy so I kept it at two sets... I may have to keep up the straps in future... depending on grip...

Facepulls - started on a fairly light 30kg, was alright but man felt it all across my upper back... burn baby, so did the only decent thing and added weight... yeah that was a good idea... hit the back high and hard and felt awesome... forearm grumbled a little but not that much... great addition this ex... will keep it in for sure...

ok so a good start to the plan and will be maintaining this as has been told to me... getting the speed working and technique drilled and this will carry over to the big lifts come comp time... for such a light day its still freaking hurting lol... feeling pretty fricking good though...
GreyphantomIcon...18-12-2012 @ 17:42 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squat day

ME squats
WU 70x10, 120x8, 160x5, 200x3, 230x1 (best weight without a belt)

*belt on*
250x1x2, 1x1+1 (not parallel which I dont count as its a fail in comp)...

DE squats
160x3x3

GM
130x1x6, 1x5

SLDL
175x1x7, 1x6

was feeling totally pants going into today, for the last few nights have had very little sleep as the mrs and my son have been ill so between their coughing and spluttering have been kept awake most of the night since wednesday last week... (apparently patting the mrs on the ar$e saying there there does NOT constitute showing proper sympathy sigh)... but can of monster and got on with it thinking even if I dont lift that heavy will work the technique and speed...

ME squats - the warm ups felt awesome, very very light on the bottom sets and even at 230 with no belt it just seemed to pop up... so focussed and everthing just seemed to work... so did the 250 for 2 as I wanted and the first set was awesome... again it felt like it just worked but man had sparkles and sick feeling after... second set of 250 did not go as well, the first rep was awesome, nice and tight and everything was on, second rep not so good, lost something in the setup and as I got to about 3/4 down had to lift it out as I knew it was not working... still feeling pretty damn pleased with it... took a while to get my wind back after this...

DE squats - ok these hurt, in a good way though... need to work on speed more but have just put the weight up so expected a little stagger... happy enough with these...

GM - oh god I am not a fan of these lol, feeling good but hard and that first rep always seems to pinch the traps till I settle it in place after it... just left it at 2 sets and probably will from now till after comp (or possibly before when will drop this altogether to keep things to bare min)...

SLDL - I should probably call these the holy jebus lifts cos after every set I say "holy jebus" as my hams and glutes just hum... feel really really good though and even though I sit now and still have to change position every 30 secs or so to alleviate the soreness I love them...

was totally sure today was going to be maintainance only but it turned out to be a really really good session... already hurting in a great way and feel like I have really worked hard... apart from a slight hiccup I am happy with it... can feel the progress happening and will be looking at some good numbers in weeks to come...
GreyphantomIcon...20-12-2012 @ 16:50 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Bench day

ME bench
WU 70x10, 90x8, 105x5

120x5

WGBP
110x5
90x10

Lying ext
30x10
40xx10

Dips
BWx1x6, 1x5, 1x4

Dislocations
Bar x3x20

ooooooh you barstardo @Dig lol... does that look about right?

Bench - one of those days where the technique just felt so spot on it almost lifted the weight alone... warm ups felt nice and light and form was tight... 120 felt really good... way better than in the past, the fifth was a bit of a grind near the top but got the job done... got a bit of cramping in the back on the last set but nothing that stopped the lift... think I have found my groove here now...

WGBP - done according to follow up advice from Dig last week... 110 was nice first 4 reps felt easy the fifth was like hitting a wall lol... dropped to 90 and same here the last rep was like all stop lol...

Lying Ext - first time done these in forever... first set was far far too light but good to get my form right... 40 is also too light but again was working on getting the exercise right and as it affects or did affect my elbow in the past I didnt want to strain it jumping in too high... found a good line and keeping elbows in hard helps stop any strain...

Dips - man started loving these and now they are really hard again dread them lol... but doing them and will get back to bw+lots for sure...

Dislocations - as always feel a fantastic end to the workout... really loosens up the chest and shoulders no end...

awesome awesome workout... just so in the groove it was pure fantastic... feeling it now though... chest feels like its grown 2 inches and arms 1 lol... loving training and just want to do it allll the time...
GreyphantomIcon...21-12-2012 @ 19:05 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Deads

Deads
WU 120x2x5, 160x3

190x5
150x3x3

Chins
BW+7.5kg x2 stopped as aggravated forearm injury...
BW x 2 stopped due to forearm

BOR
150x1x7, 2x6

Facepulls
40x10
45x2x9

oooooh back is hurty now...

Deads - sticking to the program boss... felt really good, just making sure I get speed from the floor and the hips through now... feeling light still but working the technique... even though it feels faster I am wanting more speed lol...

Chins - was a bit wary of these and it proved to be warranted, the forearm I tweaked last week doing these is not quite fully healed so had to stop doing them... hopefully back to strength next week...

BOR - used straps and was worried a bit re the forearm but it felt ok... concentrated on lifting the weight and not yanking it, or letting momentum take it... felt good and strong, back fragged after though...

Facepulls - ok if I thought my back felt sore after BOR then I lied... 40 felt good and not heavy so up just 5 kg to make sure it was still done properly... felt really good but last rep of the last set was a bit ropey... back on fire, and it got worse lol... feeling pretty damn awesome though...

Another really good workout, felt a bit light on the deads but means to an end and goal firmly in sight... had a loooong freaking day today and was not sure I would fit training in but managed to do it... love the feeling of good training...

12345678910 ... 11 ... 4950515253545556575859

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions