Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWeight transferring to toes on squat

Weight transferring to toes on squat

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MasterT
The most common cause for weight transfer is due to the upper body rather than the lower.

Keeping the lower back uncomfortably tight and ensuring the chest is forced upwards will start a better line in the squat from the offset.
obviously my squat is pretty weaksauce, but I like to curl my toes upwards which means the weight is kept on the heels.

But yeah, chest up!
MrSmall said:The Agile 8 stuff?

Not sure mate. I just happened to be watching his super stong DVD and some of the stuff he mentioned about squatting seemed to fit so started doing some stretchs, Maily calf and hams stuff.
Dave85
Unless I stretch mboth statically and dynamically before squatting then this happens. I end up with tightness across the front of my foot.

The more I stretch and warm up anything feels!
Cuddles said:
This is more true than most would believe.
There's a reason why pretty much all pro athletes in any sport spend a long time getting themselves warmed up and ready to do their thang. Yet I see a lot of lifters, some at a fair level seemingly not taking this on board.
It's the thing I would add if I had more time in the gym.

Pahhhh;

Bar
50%
PB attempt
Go home

Anything else is just being a pussy! Grin
IainKendrick said:
Pahhhh;
Bar
50%
PB attempt
Go home

Yeah very good point JC.
Post Edited: 23.06.2011 @ 21:00 PM by PAGAN
IainKendrick said:
Pahhhh;
Bar
50%
PB attempt
Go home

I didn't know you had trained in The Garden!!!

Edit - ahh you havn't Tony would never allow anyone to lift the bar.
I actually found a difference last night from setting up slightly differently and poinitng my toes out slightly. Allowed me to push my knees out better and felt less weight transfer.
Well the bar and 50% just dosn't make you a pussy. Going straight to pb attempt makse you a man.

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWeight transferring to toes on squat
Return to top View Desktop Site