Englands Strongest Man u105 official stuff

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

JCIcon...17-06-2009 @ 10:49 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Robbo said:
If, according to scott on SDF, the 24hr weigh in is so important, why has it only been announced now, so slose to the comp, when the likes of JC have been monitoring their weight for the comp in two weeks.

They could be 110-112 now and not have to give a s**t, but its too f**king late!

Agreed mate, I have been weighing weekly for 5-6 weeks now

Saturday weigh in could have just f**ked it off, weighed 105 Sat morning and come in for the comp at 109

Sound like a broken record, but again, the Saturday weigh in only really benefits the Southern lads IMO
JCIcon...17-06-2009 @ 10:51 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
If Paul Woods John Hobson etc wnat it that much, they could make weight for Sat 28th from 110+ at the mo'

Its not ideal for them, but tough s**t, it could be done
robocopIcon...17-06-2009 @ 10:53 
Commentators say: he benches like a bodybuilder
Member 231, 1873 posts
SQ 400, BP 275, DL 365
1040.0 kgs @ 135.7kgs Eq
Tony said:
robocop said:
i was speaking to tony there on the phone before i came down to the shop and he said scott would not cancel the brit, cause he has sky comming to film,

Just to clarify I assumed he would want to hang on to the Brits for this reason.

yes we both assumed this to be the case
TonyIcon...17-06-2009 @ 10:54 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Me, Ben F, Phil Boyham(?), jc (unless its held on original date).

Looks like getting the best guys there may cost the rest of the field.

FARCE.
terryhollandsIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:14 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Just to clarify, Paul is a good friend of mine (and training partner) and he seems to be getting dragged into all this. He has absolutely nothing to do with any of the decisions being made!!

Paul was weighing 105 the week before the southern qualifier so he knows how to make the weight and as already said in an old thread he weighed in at 105 at the contest as he should!

To be honest these things happen and can't always be helped!! Hopefully Scott will explain all the reasons for everything happening! I think Scott put a lot of hard work into getting the 105's going last year so everyone should cut him some slack!! Without his hard work it would probably still be a waste of time like it was in the past!!

At the risk of upsetting a few BSM was in minehead for 2 years running, does that mean all of us not from the southwest complained about it?? No we just got on with it!!

England's strongest man was in Doncaster did that mean it favoured the Northern guys?? I don't think so!! The best man will win on the day.

No wonder why so many promoters come and go, with all the complaining that goes on I wouldn't wanna do it more than once!
JCIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:19 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 17.06.2009 @ 11:22 AM by JC
Terry - firstly, I only repeated what I was told. Scott told me John and Pual had done open comps recently and to qoute were "heavy" at the moment

No one has said that having the comp down south gives an adavantage have they? They said the weigh in Saturday is not advanatageous to us from the North! But that aint the same thing!!

Scott did an aweosme job with the 105s last year, that is for definite. That been said, I know of at laeast two guts who offered to do ESM and may have been a little more impartial in there reasons for a possible postponement

EDIT: No-one said Paul had anything to do with it. Does not mean his friendship with Scott does not influence his decisions though
MadcowdreyIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:22 
SUGDEN SUCKS! Which is why i am here...
Member 370, 1520 posts
SQ 285, BP 185, DL 302.5
772.5 kgs @ 94kgs Eq
Scott posted this this morning on s.d.f.

FACT
This comp was not posponed due to Athletes not being able to make weight!!!!!! and I don't know where the f**k that has come from!!! the day before weigh in has been on the cards all year and a long time coming.
I have had to deal with this abroad,
Do I totaly agree with it NO, do I think that you should weigh in at 105kg on the day YES, but I don't make the rules and this is all about the bigger picture and not about b**ching about something that your have no control over.
DEAL with it because thats the way it is! and if your are good enough it won't f**king matter anyway,
if you get the chance to compete in a top international comp your gona be dealing with it any lol!

As for the credibility having gone don't make me laugh, its all the arm chair so called strong men big mouths on forums like this that take the credibility away from strongman, spouting off about s**t they know f**k all about first hand!!!

When someone puts on a comp all they get is criticism and s**t about what wasn't right about the comp!

It has to stop because we are getting pissed off with it!!
JCIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:24 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 17.06.2009 @ 11:24 AM by JC
Well I would take that up with Scott as he said to me there were anumber of reasons, then listed people being ill and not being able to make weight as some of them!!

How else can that be interpreted

I am a lot of things, but I am not a liar or s**t stirer. Above is what he said to me
JoniIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:26 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
what a disappointing post from scott! Unbelievable!

How can a comp organiser dismiss all the valid concerns from athletes just like that...

And calling guys like shawn and viking power armchair internet strongmen - LOL!
TonyIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:31 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq

FACT
This comp was not posponed due to Athletes not being able to make weight!!!!!! and I don't know where the f**k that has come from!!!

His mouth.

the day before weigh in has been on the cards all year and a long time coming.

Why announce it at the last minute then?

As for the credibility having gone don't make me laugh, its all the arm chair so called strong men big mouths on forums like this that take the credibility away from strongman, spouting off about s**t they know f**k all about first hand!!!

Credibility is lost when things are run unprofessionally.

When someone puts on a comp all they get is criticism and s**t about what wasn't right about the comp!

Not if its run correctly.

It has to stop because we are getting pissed off with it!!

Not as pissed off as all the guys who have lost out financially or now cannot compete.
terryhollandsIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:32 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
JC said:
Terry - firstly, I only repeated what I was told. Scott told me John and Pual had done open comps recently and to qoute were "heavy" at the moment

No one has said that having the comp down south gives an adavantage have they? They said the weigh in Saturday is not advanatageous to us from the North! But that aint the same thing!!

Scott did an aweosme job with the 105s last year, that is for definite. That been said, I know of at laeast two guts who offered to do ESM and may have been a little more impartial in there reasons for a possible postponement

EDIT: No-one said Paul had anything to do with it. Does not mean his friendship with Scott does not influence his decisions though

Since when were Scott and Paul Close friends??? They aren't bitter enemies or anything but not like they are good mates either!! I don't think Scott would do Paul any favours when it came to a comp like this!! Scott is a decent guy and in my opinion wouldn't fix a contest for anyone anyway!!

Yeah they did an open last week and I spoke to Paul yesterday and he is weighing just under 107!!

I'm not saying the postponement isn't a pain in the arse but these things happen!! I personally would want al the best guys there if I was competing!! I personally hated it that Jimmy and Laurence weren't able to compete at Englands strongest man!!

To be honest if I could weigh in a day early even if it meant staying in a hotel I would do it!! When I was doing Judo and went to the British Championships I had an option to weigh in day before or on the day, I made sure I weighed in the day before!! so I was sure to be under 125kg!!
JCIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:40 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Its funny how I'm being called a liar yet I knew John & Paul had just done an open comp! Was that just metioned in passing conversation by Scott, "oh by the way..."

For the record, I like Scott, think he is a real nice bloke, was friendly etc with me @ BSM last year. That dont mean I cant think his reasoning is a bag of s**te
JoniIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:43 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:
I'm not saying the postponement isn't a pain in the arse but these things happen!

has this happened before? As in finals postponed with 12 days warning?
terryhollandsIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:46 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
JC said:
Its funny how I'm being called a liar yet I knew John & Paul had just done an open comp! Was that just metioned in passing conversation by Scott, "oh by the way..."

For the record, I like Scott, think he is a real nice bloke, was friendly etc with me @ BSM last year. That dont mean I cant think his reasoning is a bag of s**te

I can only speak on behalf of Paul and he would have no problems making weight!! In 2005 he was 19 stone at UKSM and only 4 weeks later made weight for the Englands under 105 So he would defo have no problem making the weight from under 107.

I'm not just singling you out at all, it is s**t it has been postponed and a complete pain for you guys but I'm sure it's not being done to favour anyone etc.

I just think everyone is moaning alot and Scott has put alot of effort in and doesn't really deserve it!!

Promoting sure is a thankless job!! You can't keep everyone happy!!
terryhollandsIcon...17-06-2009 @ 11:49 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Joni said:
terryhollands said:
I'm not saying the postponement isn't a pain in the arse but these things happen!

has this happened before? As in finals postponed with 12 days warning?

I have flown to Poland for an international supposed to be competing on the Wednesday night and they had just changed my flight home and postponed the comp till Sunday!! That is a big international comp so it happens at all levels!! I don't see what the major problem is moving it later!! I would be more worried if they brought it forward!! Means more training time!!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions