Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2016?

WSM 2016?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

CraigApp
umpalumpalifter said:
not great but joint third now? last few events really suit him though no?

Deadlift and stones yes. But how is he on DB. Has 3 points to make up, and Georgian on level point has good deadlift I'm told?

I'm only expressing concern, I think tel is great, and really wanting him to qualify.
luki
Mikeneto said:Thor was always going to do fine. Everyone said he was going to be way off at Europe's on deadlift due to vids and he pulled 440kg with more in the bag, that was less than a month ago...he hasn't been injured and has been training, not sure why most on here think he will be way off. The final events suit him, no bad events in there for him.

Thor was a mile ahead in the loading barrel video on Strongman Gold Coast Facebook. Cheering to the crowd while running backHappy He's fun to watch.
umpalumpalifter
CraigApp said:
Deadlift and stones yes. But how is he on DB. Has 3 points to make up, and Georgian on level point has good deadlift I'm told?
I'm only expressing concern, I think tel is great, and really wanting him to qualify.

think his quite good on DB press. whilst not a bar/axle/log presser of note the dumbell is a different story IMO
CraigApp
umpalumpalifter said:
think his quite good on DB press. whilst not a bar/axle/log presser of note the dumbell is a different story IMO

I'm hoping he makes at least 2 points up in the DL.
And you may be right, I do think he prefers DB to other OH events.
none of the first 5 events matter much with double points on stones
jerry proved it last year
its mathematically possible to win first 5 events and come last on stones and not go through.
AdamT
hixxy1985 said:none of the first 5 events matter much with double points on stones
its mathematically possible to win first 5 events and come last on stones and not go through.

I think it's a disgraceful rule.

Even if someone is good on stones, it's easy to make a slip up. No event should have priority over any other.

Basically if you're average at stones, you're going to be up against it. I feel sorry for any athlete that goes out because of the double points rule.
BrenWad
hixxy1985 said:none of the first 5 events matter much with double points on stones

Just shows WSM is really floundering to be professional. Absurd double points rules.

This cant be true???

5 event wins would be 30pts, plus 2 for last on stones is 32 total.
If one guy took 2nd on everything he would have 35pts.
If another guy managed 3rd on everything, but won stones he would also finish on 32 but lose on countback.
But that does mean there are a total of 67pts available, so if those 2 guys alternated 2nd and 3rds it does indeed seem that one could finish on 34 and one on 33.

f**k me sideways, i wasnt a fan of double points in the first place but looked at like that its utterly stupid. So much for strongman testing all kinds of strength.
Post Edited: 15.08.2016 @ 13:19 PM by 93hopkinsonr
Eddie third on keg toss in his group
4 points behind Szymanski with deadlift, Viking press and stones to go.
KevC86 said:
This cant be true???
If another guy managed 3rd on everything, but won stones he would also finish on 32 but lose on countback.
But that does mean there are a total of 67pts available, so if those 2 guys alternated 2nd and 3rds it does indeed seem that one could finish on 34 and one on 33.
f**k me sideways, i wasnt a fan of double points in the first place but looked at like that its utterly stupid. So much for strongman testing all kinds of strength.

If both on 32, who win stones goes through. So yes my maths was correct :-(
are terrys points correct? 4 fingals in 38 but came behind 4 fingals in 41 ?
not quite right from looks of it
billynomates
hixxy1985 said:are terrys points correct? 4 fingals in 38 but came behind 4 fingals in 41 ?
not quite right from looks of it
you might be looking at the total points rather than the points for that event Hixxy
KevC86 said:
This cant be true???

You could win the first 5 events and then get zero points on the stones due to failing to load the first stone (quite possible if you are very short) and so only finish with 30 points. So easily possible not to go through if you have a mare on stones.
Looks like Arsjo could be out with a groin tear. Nightmare for him after 3 years away from WSM with injury.

Also only leaves 4 in Group 1.
Pinio31
Post Edited: 15.08.2016 @ 15:56 PM by Pinio31
MJG said:Looks like Arsjo could be out with a groin tear. Nightmare for him after 3 years away from WSM with injury.

Also only leaves 4 in Group 1.

Gutted for Arsjo but at the same time looks as Belsak may have gotten a spot in the finals

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2016?
Return to top View Desktop Site