670.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
My advanced level of humor is clearly beyond many
dannyboy73Icon...05-03-2014 @ 13:22 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.03.2014 @ 13:23 PM by dannyboy73
Just knew Id heard this quote somewhere before...

Celtsarecool said:I'm a nobody..

I hope you like my advanced level of humar
CeltsarecoolIcon...05-03-2014 @ 13:28 
Member 5177, 70 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 280
670.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
It's certainly special
terryhollandsIcon...05-03-2014 @ 13:34 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Celtsarecool said:I'm a nobody. You are a legend in your own lifetime. I have no bee in my bonnet about you or anybody else.

Im no legend and never will be.
CeltsarecoolIcon...05-03-2014 @ 13:42 
Member 5177, 70 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 280
670.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
That's just not true. Dominant in UK for a decade. Longevity at the top level also, unlucky with injuries or surely a WSM title would have come your way. Cannot just class WSM winners as legends, it's gotta be about more than just that title as to whether someone has a legacy. Gotta give massive props to you for putting the strongman into strongman. It's too easy to just take a static strength approach, whereas I and I think most viewers and fans like to see events where massive guys move with huge weights. Few better than you moving inhuman weight for distance.

If you had been around a bit earlier, when pressing overhead was not such a key, then you would have smashed it big time, as you are way stronger than Samuelson, Virtanen and Ahola ever were, and move just as well. And before people slag me, that's not me slagging former greats, just being realistic about relative strength.
AdamTIcon...05-03-2014 @ 13:50 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Celtsarecool said:That's just not true. Dominant in UK for a decade. Longevity at the top level also, unlucky with injuries or surely a WSM title would have come your way. Cannot just class WSM winners as legends, it's gotta be about more than just that title as to whether someone has a legacy. Gotta give massive props to you for putting the strongman into strongman. It's too easy to just take a static strength approach, whereas I and I think most viewers and fans like to see events where massive guys move with huge weights. Few better than you moving inhuman weight for distance.

If you had been around a bit earlier, when pressing overhead was not such a key, then you would have smashed it big time, as you are way stronger than Samuelson, Virtanen and Ahola ever were, and move just as well. And before people slag me, that's not me slagging former greats, just being realistic about relative strength.

Actually agree with a lot of this. If hadnt been for injuries and the likes of competing against Z and Brian (who I believe are the 2 best strongmen ever) I think you could have won at least one title in the last 4 years. Oh well maybe this year Happy
Savolainen87Icon...05-03-2014 @ 14:06 
banned.
Member 4768, 413 posts
SQ 310, BP 232.5, DL 310
852.5 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
Actually agree with a lot of this. If hadnt been for injuries and the likes of competing against Z and Brian (who I believe are the 2 best strongmen ever) I think you could have won at least one title in the last 4 years. Oh well maybe this year Happy

good post
terryhollandsIcon...05-03-2014 @ 14:28 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Celtsarecool said:That's just not true. Dominant in UK for a decade. Longevity at the top level also, unlucky with injuries or surely a WSM title would have come your way. Cannot just class WSM winners as legends, it's gotta be about more than just that title as to whether someone has a legacy. Gotta give massive props to you for putting the strongman into strongman. It's too easy to just take a static strength approach, whereas I and I think most viewers and fans like to see events where massive guys move with huge weights. Few better than you moving inhuman weight for distance.

Well thanks appreciated but for me I dont ever wanna be seen like that. I am just very lucky to have done something I love and done pretty well at it. I will never be anything more than someone who loves training
dannyboy73Icon...05-03-2014 @ 15:09 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.03.2014 @ 15:16 PM by dannyboy73
Starting to sound half sensible

All quiet true I think. Terry has just been unlucky injury wise, there is always an element of luck with events and injuries.

I think Terry is proberabley the most humble and capable strongman of all time.
ThingIcon...05-03-2014 @ 15:14 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq

Fair Post

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitCeltsarecool
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions