Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 105 - Tonight, 11:20 on Eurosport

WSM 105 - Tonight, 11:20 on Eurosport

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Grip wasn't the limiting factor on the arm over arm, with all due respect to the other competitors, they were using the wrong technique.

Because the rope was so elasticated you needed to maximise the length of each pull to be effective, most were doing short pulls that did nothing other than take the flex out of the rope.

Leg power enabled me to start each pull from a position with very bent legs.
PaulSavage
LessThanLuke said:
I concur. I haven't got a great grip but I am pretty good at arm over arm.

Unless you have competed at open weight on it you most likely haven't done it heavy. A pull such as in the video is all about grip, leg and back. A light pull is all about technique and speed.
In terms of weight, it seems odd that they have listed people as 105KG+ if only because it's somewhat confusing for the viewers.

They allowed a tolerance of 1.5KG because 3-4 people had to weigh-in soon after arriving at the hotel.

I was 105.4, so no idea where the 105.7 came from!
I reckon Ben might have an idea on this one, but I could be wrong!
WILLSAN said:Interesting that this has a giants live connection. Not sure if I knew this and forgot or it just passed me by. I wonder what the host country promoter needs to provide to hold this competition? Anyone know?

It was jointly ran by Giants Live and Strongman Champions league.
well done ben
Ben_Something said:Grip wasn't the limiting factor on the arm over arm, with all due respect to the other competitors, they were using the wrong technique.

Because the rope was so elasticated you needed to maximise the length of each pull to be effective, most were doing short pulls that did nothing other than take the flex out of the rope.

I suppose the intuitive thing to do when something looks heavy is shorten your stroke, but if the rope has a lot of give that is going to get you nowhere.

I always find it strage at high level comps when you see guys really not thinking about what they are doing
(But maybe I am doing them a disservice and none of them had the leg power required to do what you did)
PaulSavage said:
LessThanLuke said:
I concur. I haven't got a great grip but I am pretty good at arm over arm.

Unless you have competed at open weight on it you most likely haven't done it heavy. A pull such as in the video is all about grip, leg and back. A light pull is all about technique and speed.

Yeah cause the guy with a 340 dead won't know what heavy is Roll-Eyes
PaulSavage
Ben_Something said:Grip wasn't the limiting factor on the arm over arm, with all due respect to the other competitors, they were using the wrong technique.

Makes sense. Personally I enjoyed the dumbbell the most as your so technically sound its easy to forget how statically strong you are but just shown it how you horsed some if them up.
PaulSavage said:

Where do you think you would have come in this event, and the whole comp paul?
PaulSavage
martinb said:
Yeah cause the guy with a 340 dead won't know what heavy is Roll-Eyes

Why do you take everything out of context? Of course Luke knows what heavy is.
Was great to see Ben kicking arse but arm over arm was to heavy the frame on the medley probably should of been a bit lighter as well and that "squat" event was pathetic .
PaulSavage
George_Winston said:
Where do you think you would have come in this event, and the whole comp paul?

1st in the arm over arm, 1st in conans, 2nd in medley, 5th on squat, 7th on dumbbell, 6th on yoke
PaulSavage said:
1st in the arm over arm, 1st in conans, 2nd in medley, 5th on squat, 7th on dumbbell, 6th on yoke

Brilliant Happy You're a funny guy!
PaulSavage said:

Youd hae probably one the whole day then wouldnt you

How annoying that ben was sent instead of you, hes crap

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 105 - Tonight, 11:20 on Eurosport
Return to top View Desktop Site