REGISTER
 

The Road to the Student Championships

1234567

MrSmallIcon...12-09-2008 @ 17:13 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
You at the Uni Baz?
What coursE?
LukeCIcon...13-09-2008 @ 01:30 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Are you fellas on Facebook? Im going to be starting a group on there and working onwards from that point.
JoniIcon...13-09-2008 @ 15:23 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
LukeC said:
Are you fellas on Facebook? Im going to be starting a group on there and working onwards from that point.


solid. can you post the facebook group link, i'll join as well eventhough a) not a student and b) out of action for a while anyway
MrSmallIcon...13-09-2008 @ 22:35 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Men-bears from Scandinavia who lift heavy s**t are welcome anywhere
my email is carloluca@hotmail.com add me Luke.
LukeCIcon...14-09-2008 @ 11:58 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Post Edited: 14.09.2008 @ 11:59 AM by LukeC
Here is the link: ]http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=30722426679
Ive added you MrSmall, Joni just apply to join.
Anyone else, feel free to join and invite people.
LukeCIcon...01-10-2008 @ 12:50 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
So I know you have all been panickng, "oh my god where has Luke gone?", or maybe not. Its ok folks, im here but I dont have the internet in my house yet.

I will get round to updating my journal but a brief update:
New squat pb's:
130kg x 8
155kg x 3
160kg x 2

New bench pb's:
Confused
I still hate benching

New deadlift pb:
155kg x 3
160kg x 2

In other news Ive trained twice at Addlington which is great fun. It takes a little bit of the gloss of my squat pb's are being benched at the other side of the room but such is life.
SparrowIcon...01-10-2008 @ 19:34 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
LukeC said:
So I know you have all been panickng, "oh my god where has Luke gone?", or maybe not. Its ok folks, im here but I dont have the internet in my house yet.

I will get round to updating my journal but a brief update:
New squat pb's:
130kg x 8
155kg x 3
160kg x 2

New bench pb's:
Confused
I still hate benching

New deadlift pb:
155kg x 3
160kg x 2

In other news Ive trained twice at Addlington which is great fun. It takes a little bit of the gloss of my squat pb's are being benched at the other side of the room but such is life.


Yeah but keep training hard like you are and before you know it it will be you on the other side of the room Wink
littlegirlbunnyIcon...02-10-2008 @ 11:27 
Avatar
MIA
Member 7, 621 posts
SQ 80, BP 45, DL 125
250.0 kgs @ 55kgs UnEq
Good work on the PB's Happy
LukeCIcon...19-10-2008 @ 02:04 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
I finally have the internet at home. The time has come to stop neglecting my journal!

Cheers for the comments people, keep them coming, they are always appreciated.
LukeCIcon...20-10-2008 @ 22:30 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Monday 20/10/08 at The Sugden Sports Centre, Manchester

Squat:
60kg x 5
80kg x 5
100kg x 5
120kg x 3
140kg x 8 - 8 rep PB

Bench:
30kg x 5
40kg x 5
50kg x 5
60kg x 5
------
Really happy with the squats, I think that will be my last 8 rep now as Im going to return to the 5x5 program for the next few weeks. I only squatted and benched as by the end of my benching I was starting to feel the effects of my night out last night and the consequent lack of sleep.
AdamIcon...20-10-2008 @ 22:32 
Gone squatting
Member 12, 386 posts
SQ 250, BP 155, DL 260
665.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
You braved the Sugden Centre on a Monday during term?Tongue

Nice work on the PB mate, good lifting.
MrSmallIcon...20-10-2008 @ 22:44 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Why is your bench so low, dude?
Bad technique?
that is a solid squat.

My best is a parallel paused box squat of 140kg, so well done with that s**t.

The bench could of course have been f**ked from the squat, unsuprising if so.

When you next train at Sugden send me a pm, get together there.
LukeCIcon...22-10-2008 @ 19:30 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Adam: Yeah I braved, its ok im a tough lad. Tongue
MrSmall: I can bench more than 60kg (current PB stands at 70 for 5, 75 for 2) but I was worn out after my squat. My bench does suck in general though but I think I was just born to squat, not so much for bench!
BazIcon...23-10-2008 @ 10:09 
Weak training is still training.
Member 63, 260 posts
SQ 135, BP 110, DL 195
440.0 kgs @ 78kgs UnEq
mr small, lukes bench tech seems good and he has an arch worthy of a russian circus. I think its jus a case of training harder on the lifts you like and are good at. What u think luke? Oh training at 2 today if your see this before then might see you. That goes for you too mr small.
JoniIcon...23-10-2008 @ 11:20 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
i'll be in sugden today as well!

what time do you punks train?

1234567

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions