REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 88 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Short. Fat. Has Been. Under 80kg.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

123

Paul_DIcon...01-03-2021 @ 21:07 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 01.03.2021 @ 21:09 PM by Paul_D
Log

95- 10x1 (EMOM)
105- 1
115- 1
110- 3

Viper Press

85- 2x5 (both sets under 20s)
85- 10 (under 60s)

Log Strict

85-10
75-18

Powell Raise

10-4x7/7

Seated Strict Press (Football Bar)

100- 5
80- 4x5

DB OH Ext

10-4x15/15

FacePull

Lots x Lots
Paul_DIcon...03-03-2021 @ 20:01 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 03.03.2021 @ 20:01 PM by Paul_D
Supposed to do this session yesterday... scraping wallpaper ready for plastering got in the way (unfortunately not a euphemism)

Deadlift

180-1
200-1
220-1
250-1
270-1

180-220- Speedy
250- Steady
270- Snails pace. Not feeling particularly Ďsnappyí

100kg Sandbag- 6x20m (EMOM)

Snatch Grip Row (10s Eccentric)

50-3x8

Neutral Pulldown SS w/ GHR Sit up

10x10/6
Paul_DIcon...04-03-2021 @ 19:54 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
Axle Clean & Push Press

100- 10x2 (90s rest)
110- 1
120- 1

Every 2nd rep of the 10x2 I did a jerk (just as steady practice). Potentially the first time Iíve ever tried to jerk an axle. Itís not too bad. Olympics here I come.

Slingshot Bench

140-5
130-3x5
100-2x10

Accessories that Iím sure no one reads/cares about (if anyone reads/cares about this journal/forum at all anymore Grin )
jamspasticIcon...05-03-2021 @ 06:16 
Avatar
just call me J-spaz.
Member 1160, 1543 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
270 deadlift, and you say you've not been training properly since 2015???

I need to start missing sessions I think!

Strong stuff!
Paul_DIcon...05-03-2021 @ 09:01 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
jamspastic said:270 deadlift, and you say you've not been training properly since 2015???

I need to start missing sessions I think!

Strong stuff!


Holy hell?! A welcome guest to my log Grin

Thank you mate.

I have been training in some capacity again since ~June 2020 to be fair (including fairly regular deadlifting). So the Ďsince 2015í is a little misleading. Thatís just when I last competed and took things a bit more seriously with training & nutrition.

Any comp plans/goals for you this year? Always remember your ridiculous Dip numbers when reading your log previously!
jamspasticIcon...05-03-2021 @ 10:02 
Avatar
just call me J-spaz.
Member 1160, 1543 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
Well either way your deadlift (and other lifts)are looking great!

Absolutely no plans to complete again mate, pretty happy with just training in my shed and keeping in general good shape/looking decent. Never say never though.

I would love a 300kg deadlift, that's the ultimate goal.

AHH, yes I was a one trick pony with my weighted Dips, may have to give them a proper go and see if I can get a BW+100kg for one rep!
macrothIcon...05-03-2021 @ 10:28 
Avatar
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3011 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Paul_D said:
Accessories that Iím sure no one reads/cares about (if anyone reads/cares about this journal/forum at all anymore Grin )



I do pop in every now and then just to check if "has-been u80" still means "strong as f**k" Tongue
Paul_DIcon...05-03-2021 @ 10:46 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
jamspastic said:Well either way your deadlift (and other lifts)are looking great!

Absolutely no plans to complete again mate, pretty happy with just training in my shed and keeping in general good shape/looking decent. Never say never though.

I would love a 300kg deadlift, that's the ultimate goal.

AHH, yes I was a one trick pony with my weighted Dips, may have to give them a proper go and see if I can get a BW+100kg for one rep!


Iím sure you could get a +100kg dip. You were close to that previously right? (If memory serves me well). If I tried that, my shoulders would implode and my wrists would turn to dust.

Thatís a shame about not competing mate. BNSF comps look pretty steady, Iím sure youíd do well without too much specific training. But... I understand, feeling/looking good is high priority (for me the Ďfeeling goodí especially now Iím 30+ but feel 50+)
Paul_DIcon...05-03-2021 @ 10:47 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
macroth said:
I do pop in every now and then just to check if "has-been u80" still means "strong as f**k" Tongue


Thank you. But it really does just mean has been under 80 Grin.

+Fat.

Some of the decent u80s nowadays make me look bang average.
jamspasticIcon...05-03-2021 @ 12:31 
Avatar
just call me J-spaz.
Member 1160, 1543 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
Paul_D said:
Iím sure you could get a +100kg dip. You were close to that previously right? (If memory serves me well). If I tried that, my shoulders would implode and my wrists would turn to dust.
Thatís a shame about not competing mate. BNSF comps look pretty steady, Iím sure youíd do well without too much specific training. But... I understand, feeling/looking good is high priority (for me the Ďfeeling goodí especially now Iím 30+ but feel 50+)


Think I did 85kg for a double, I stopped as it was doing nothing for my log or overhead.

I did BNSF in 2019 I think, didn't do very well to be honest. I'm the type that needs constant training with events to get any good, and I just don't enjoy event training enough to do it all the time.
Paul_DIcon...05-03-2021 @ 20:58 
Avatar
Hey mate, my name is Paul Dudley
Member 632, 3625 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 282.5
637.5 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
jamspastic said:
Think I did 85kg for a double, I stopped as it was doing nothing for my log or overhead.
I did BNSF in 2019 I think, didn't do very well to be honest. I'm the type that needs constant training with events to get any good, and I just don't enjoy event training enough to do it all the time.


Fair enough.

Just smash the 100kg dip goal then. Grin

Iíll look on with great interest
SparrowIcon...06-03-2021 @ 15:25 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18049 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
jamspastic said:270 deadlift, and you say you've not been training properly since 2015???

I need to start missing sessions I think!

Strong stuff!


And it didnít feel snappy! What a C-UNIT! Grin

Only thing snappy about a 270 deadlift with me would be my back snapping.

123

© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto