Who's Online - 1 member and 244 guests

Scotland's Strongest Man 2010 Events

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BigKenIcon...21-04-2010 @ 16:57 
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
The press is either the block or log, no word yet as far as I know though...
stainlessIcon...21-04-2010 @ 19:52 
Big fan of TWI
Member 761, 425 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 260
645.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.04.2010 @ 20:08 PM by stainless
If it turns out to be a block (whatever the hell that is)then i predict that the guy that has been practising with it will win the press.
deadlift-Lewis
squat-Lewis
grip-stuart
medley -goose
stones-goose
if it was max squat and deads then both stuarts would be in with a shout but at 47 and 49 years old,no disrespect meant but the lungs will give out on reps before their strength does.
Ewan Cameron,if he was in the shape he was in 2 years ago could've done serious damage but i think his knee may hold him back too much.
Lewis is in the shape of his life,and if goose is still carrying an injury then this is his year.
I see it as
Lewis
Goose
Stevie
stuart murray
Ewan
martinbIcon...21-04-2010 @ 20:14 
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
I don't know, I watched Cherry do a 120 log so upright it was really a military press at the weekend, and it was scary! I just can't see anyone out pressing him

And Bell was doing reps with a heavy dead a few weeks back, and after something like 10 reps(adding weight each time) he didn't even miss a breath! I think walking to the equipment makes him huff and puff more than the liftingHappy
martinbIcon...21-04-2010 @ 20:20 
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
I said:I don't know, I watched Cherry do a 120 log so upright it was really a military press at the weekend, and it was scary! I just can't see anyone out pressing him

And Bell was doing reps with a heavy dead a few weeks back, and after something like 10 reps(adding weight each time) he didn't even miss a breath! I think walking to the equipment makes him huff and puff more than the liftingHappy

although bell thinks straps will not be allowed on the dead, so his grip will give out long before his back or lungs
BigKenIcon...21-04-2010 @ 20:36 
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
Biggest thing for Stu Bell will be grip, he has the tools to get some good high placings but will lose too many points on grip.

Definitley Lewis, Goose, Stevie top 3 IMO, and I'd love for Stevie to get the first!!
rottieIcon...21-04-2010 @ 22:09 
Member 870, 552 posts
i would have to agree with Louis Goose Cherrie top 3 hard to say which order.Goose usually turns it on for the final,Cherrie is an absolute mountain at the moment if he can keep his cool he can do well.he would be the first to admit his weakness in deadlifting but his squat has improved a great deal since i last competed with him i was with him training squats last week.with the events this year Stu Bell will defo be mixing things up.Not to forget the Legend Stuart Murray he is still possible of serious damage even at the ripe old age of 47.And i also would like to see Frank put on a good show to prove that the s**ty qualifing rules suck.all the best to everyone competing.lets hope the events are as good next year i wont be missing it (well hopefully}
ThingIcon...22-04-2010 @ 08:00 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
stainless said:If it turns out to be a block (whatever the hell that is)then i predict that the guy that has been practising with it will win the press.
deadlift-Lewis
squat-Lewis
grip-stuart
medley -goose
stones-goose
if it was max squat and deads then both stuarts would be in with a shout but at 47 and 49 years old,no disrespect meant but the lungs will give out on reps before their strength does.
Ewan Cameron,if he was in the shape he was in 2 years ago could've done serious damage but i think his knee may hold him back too much.
Lewis is in the shape of his life,and if goose is still carrying an injury then this is his year.
I see it as
Lewis
Goose
Stevie
stuart murray
Ewan

from what i have heard so far i cant argue with that finishings. its going to be a cracking day, wish i could come down to watch and one day compete again down there such a good time when i was there
smosltdIcon...22-04-2010 @ 11:09 
Member 1299, 13 posts
Thing said:
from what i have heard so far i cant argue with that finishings. its going to be a cracking day, wish i could come down to watch and one day compete again down there such a good time when i was there

you can watch it online Happy
jeremy1987Icon...25-04-2010 @ 19:37 
Member 825, 290 posts
SQ 270, BP 185, DL 297.5
752.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
BigKen said:Stuart Murray could place very well in all events; press, squat, dead and grip are all good for him; I'd expect mid to high placings in the medley and stones as well.

I'm not too sure if Goose can win it this year, comp is very static this year and statically he isn't the best in Scotland. Plus without knowing the extent of his calf injury at the qualifier and how well it has healed.

As you said though Goose always turns it on for the home crowd.

I think Stevie Cherry has a good chance of winning it tbh, aslong as he hits the groove on squat and deadlift it should be good for him.

goose is scotland strongestman has been for 3 years and scotlands strongman is not about finding the most statically strongest person its about all round strongman. no 1 as ever came closet to beating goose in three years and also made the final of britins strongestman. ken havent won any thing that has been reconised in strongman. i predict a 1 2 for the fort williams boys. am sick of hearing what people going to do and never seem to do it from louis maclean
jeremy1987Icon...25-04-2010 @ 19:51 
Member 825, 290 posts
SQ 270, BP 185, DL 297.5
752.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
robocop said:Lee, then me, now ken
shame cause the events suited all 3 of us this year
it's more like uks events and every one of us have qualified for uks several times
but there is always next year
who ever wins is a paper champ with such a weak field !!
Sorry that was a joke, honest, best of luck to who wins it
hopefully next year the field can be stronger with myself lee and ken and let's not forget guys like sneds, neil and so on
and some strong new guys

ken you have plenty of big comps to ripp apart this year so no big deal you will do a decade of ssm before you hang up your belt look at Stuart Murray

my money is on lewis goose cherry podium
but in what order?

And since I am here I'll stick my event predictions up
with the guy who finished top at the qualifier and won the squat, dead, and has not been beaten in pressing ever at ssm out it will be more difficult Wink
but
press - frank
squat - Stuart Murray
dead - lewis
grip - Stuart Murray
medley - goose
stones - goose

well andy its a shame u cant be here this year because ur alwas up for it and ur alwas a threat but i have to say u wouid know al about paper cups because u cant stop telling the papers ur scotlands strongestman. u.v never won the scottish but u'l alwas be a winner in the sun news paper.
Grin Grin Grin Grin
ThingIcon...25-04-2010 @ 19:58 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
smosltd said:
you can watch it online Happy

Can you post the link up so I can pretend i'm there?
robocopIcon...25-04-2010 @ 20:56 
Commentators say: he benches like a bodybuilder
Member 231, 1873 posts
SQ 400, BP 275, DL 365
1040.0 kgs @ 135.7kgs Eq
jeremy1987 said:
well andy its a shame u cant be here this year because ur alwas up for it and ur alwas a threat but i have to say u wouid know al about paper cups because u cant stop telling the papers ur scotlands strongestman. u.v never won the scottish but u'l alwas be a winner in the sun news paper.
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Paper champ was a joke
nothing worse than second hand information
and as I said before best of luck to everyone
it's always a great comp
gutted I can't compete
just wish people who pass on information would keep it in context so as not to offend others
the Internet is a funny thing
robocopIcon...25-04-2010 @ 20:58 
Commentators say: he benches like a bodybuilder
Member 231, 1873 posts
SQ 400, BP 275, DL 365
1040.0 kgs @ 135.7kgs Eq
jeremy1987 said:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Paper champ was a joke
nothing worse than second hand information
and as I said before best of luck to everyone
it's always a great comp
gutted I can't compete
just wish people who pass on information would keep it in context so as not to offend others
the Internet is a funny thing
ITRGIcon...26-04-2010 @ 10:28 
PS ... i love you
Member 521, 2568 posts
SQ 200, BP 125, DL 265
590.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
guy's
has anyone got the address or post code for where abouts in fort william this will be held???
Nick79Icon...26-04-2010 @ 10:33 
will beat Buzz in the next comp
Member 358, 713 posts
SQ 200, BP 160, DL 220
580.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
ITRG said:guy's
has anyone got the address or post code for where abouts in fort william this will be held???

I think its the nevis centre, don't know the address tho fella.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions