REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 198 guests

Europe Strongest Man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

drex50Icon...02-04-2017 @ 12:13 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
Amazing feat of strenght, like him or not Eddie Hall did amazing job.

Comparing him to Z its hard, because there are many 'ifs'. Still comparing this lift to Z's 208 double, looks like Z is lifting an empty bar, much easier clean and much faster press with very very powerfull lockout. Comparing these two versions of them, Z for me, as hes also better on axle than log. But we never know, there hasnt been max axle for 5-6 years, what a shame.

Anyway in just 2 years Shaw and Hall took everything from Z. But this is evolution of sport, there always comes a new young guy who just blows everything.
Peak wise Eddie Hall is the strongest man ever, constant hight level longevity Z is the strongest ever.
MikenetoIcon...02-04-2017 @ 12:16 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 02.04.2017 @ 12:16 PM by Mikeneto
Funky_monkey said:He's untouchable on deads and has just proven he's untouchable on log/maxle. If there are also squats, he'd get 30 points easily.
He'd have to have a nightmare on the other two events for him NOT to get at least 3rd.

I am pretty sure Shaw would have got 10 reps on that setup. He drew at WSM with Shaw on max deadlift. At the moment he currently isn't taking points away from Shaw in deadlift.

Overhead i kind of agree but still unsure about Z...I still think he can return 100%..If they have an overhead medley this means lighter weights and dumbbells... Advantage for Shaw and Thor.

They won't have deads and squats

Truck pull will always be there where Shaw and Thor will be top 2...Same with stones.

Then probably a farm boy event like arm over arm...Keg toss...Tyre flip - chain drag...Shaw and Thor best events.

Farmers and yoke...These never seem to have consistency...But Kieliszkowski will win these at WSM weight...If they increase the weight more it helps Shaw.
MikenetoIcon...02-04-2017 @ 12:21 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
PaulSavage said:
He did 5 reps on the deadlift (mid comp) and the axle wasn't a max. I'm not sure why he didn't give the 180kg a proper go.
I don't think loz would have beat tel but probably would have been close. Hard to say but this is strongman, avoiding injury and illness is part of the game. If you say someone only placed where they did because others didn't finish the comp you would be saying that every comp.

I think with Terry, 5kg of more bodyweight would have meant finishing bus pull(no extra points, but still nice)..180kg axle and a 6th rep on deadlift.

Still a great comeback regardless.
PaulSavageIcon...02-04-2017 @ 12:41 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Mikeneto said:
I think with Terry, 5kg of more bodyweight would have meant finishing bus pull(no extra points, but still nice)..180kg axle and a 6th rep on deadlift.
Still a great comeback regardless.

Agreed, bit more bodyweight would do him good IMO.

One thing that should be noted is that this comp was 6 weeks from worlds. There's certain ped's that some of the guys won't have been taking since they can't be taken for long, and those kind make a big difference. With both ed and tel caring a lot more about worlds I think this could be the case and come wsm they will be a lot stronger.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions