REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 88 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Component Based Periodization

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

1234567

badmongoIcon...15-09-2015 @ 01:17 
Avatar
has experience of quad imbalance
Member 3676, 427 posts
I've just started a CBP program today and am intending to keep a log on here (hopefully I'll keep it up to date). Thanks to AMH for the info and advise

PBs for Christmas!
AMH_PowerIcon...15-09-2015 @ 08:25 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1417 posts
SQ 305, BP 232.5, DL 305
842.5 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
Robbo91 said:
I saw those, 20" or 41"?


I believe 41. I will confirm tonight
rawlifterIcon...18-09-2015 @ 11:13 
Member 5584, 291 posts
SQ 225, BP 157.5, DL 260
642.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Hi - really interesting stuff here

Just curious, unless I missed I see impressive progress reports on people making improvements in the variation lifts they were doing. Who sort of increases in the comp lifts have people who have tried this method seen?
AMH_PowerIcon...18-09-2015 @ 16:05 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1417 posts
SQ 305, BP 232.5, DL 305
842.5 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
rawlifter said:Hi - really interesting stuff here

Just curious, unless I missed I see impressive progress reports on people making improvements in the variation lifts they were doing. Who sort of increases in the comp lifts have people who have tried this method seen?


It depends.... If you use a rack lockout with a 1 inch rom for starting strength when infact you struggle with pressing immediately off the chest...

You will drastically improve start strength of the triceps...when in fact the biggest requirement is to improve the start strength of the pectorals and maybe lats (some people start the lift and lose power as shoulders rise towards the head; like myself).

Obviously its only a bias...so start strength in all groups will still improve, but the weakest link in the chain should always be addressed for maximal transfer...including secondary work
EDCLARKEIcon...12-02-2016 @ 21:30 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10754 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Started this program 6 weeks ago after a long lay off from training , prior to starting the program i had done 1 deadlift session since may 2015 and barely trained at all in that period..

today was maxing out week according to the program and i pulled a comfortable 200k deadlift
which although not particularly heavy I am very pleased with.
I'm especially pleased as I have not been focussing particularly on strength training I've been doing 2 sessions a week squat and bench and deadlift and overhead press with no assistance , I have also been running twice a week and doing 2 sessions of kickboxing and have dropped a stone in weight since the 1st of January.
Big thumbs up for this program from me and thankyou for posting it up and sharing it with the forum.
AMH_PowerIcon...12-02-2016 @ 22:47 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1417 posts
SQ 305, BP 232.5, DL 305
842.5 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
EDCLARKE said:Started this program 6 weeks ago after a long lay off from training , prior to starting the program i had done 1 deadlift session since may 2015 and barely trained at all in that period..

today was maxing out week according to the program and i pulled a comfortable 200k deadlift
which although not particularly heavy I am very pleased with.
I'm especially pleased as I have not been focussing particularly on strength training I've been doing 2 sessions a week squat and bench and deadlift and overhead press with no assistance , I have also been running twice a week and doing 2 sessions of kickboxing and have dropped a stone in weight since the 1st of January.
Big thumbs up for this program from me and thankyou for posting it up and sharing it with the forum.


Thank you. I keep meaning to come back to this post with updates about the system, and truth be told... I can't improve on it. The only differences from the standard model are peaking for a meet, the blocks change slightly. For all other intents and purposes, its not changed and is more valid now than the day I posted it.

I don't know your full training history with it, but I've supported 17 other people so far ranging from absolute beginners to advanced lifters (3 of them use this forum), and all of them have hit considerate pb's. Infact, 4 of them have surpassed life goals and laugh at the limits they previously set themselves!

Thanks again
EDCLARKEIcon...13-02-2016 @ 11:00 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10754 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
AMH_Power said:
Thank you. I keep meaning to come back to this post with updates about the system, and truth be told... I can't improve on it. The only differences from the standard model are peaking for a meet, the blocks change slightly. For all other intents and purposes, its not changed and is more valid now than the day I posted it.
I don't know your full training history with it, but I've supported 17 other people so far ranging from absolute beginners to advanced lifters (3 of them use this forum), and all of them have hit considerate pb's. Infact, 4 of them have surpassed life goals and laugh at the limits they previously set themselves!
Thanks again


I have to confess i was a little sceptical about the reverse band work when i first started as It felt a little like ego lifting , but the science of what you posted seemed to make sense so I persevered with it , and now i am totally convinced that this program works. I will be running the program back to back changing the variations slightly each time until i stop making gains . I presume if you want to stay away from singles its ok to hit max doubles and triples instead.
Many thanks again for posting it up.
AMH_PowerIcon...13-02-2016 @ 13:27 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1417 posts
SQ 305, BP 232.5, DL 305
842.5 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
I said:
This is a great question. The reason sumo or deficit, is both have a greater requirement of 'on' amount due to the angles involved. Sumo creates longer levers as far as the hips/adductors are concerned, and a deficit creates longer levers as far as the hamstrings (and erectors) are concerned.
In theory, a standard deadlift would work, but I encourage variance to stress a weakness. I know WSBB use their conjugate system to almost rely purely on beginner gains. CBP encourages beginner gains too, but in a way that is:
1) In the correct phase, so must be start or explosive (CAT) variants
2) Will work an individual weakness...which is exactly what you pointed out, the exercises should be for the individual.


The reps and sets are guides; the fundamental is there is a volume wave and intensity wave. The volume wave buildso n start strength as this responds better to 75-85% ranges.
The intensity wave focusing on explosive strength, which has best progress from 85% upward when forced (using bands/chains), and only around 65% when manually applying!
BigMaccaIcon...13-02-2016 @ 16:49 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9759 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
I'm also very impressed with this system do far.

I'm halfway through my second 12 week cycle and am hitting bigger numbers than I actually expected.

I'm on for at least a 180kg bench press and a 290kg squat.
My deadlift is also coming back nicely and expect to be around the 270kg mark at the worst.

Also the variety if the training does help to keep things feeling fresh.

There's not a lot to dislike if I'm honest.

Good system that Man!

Macca
PeteHodgsonIcon...14-02-2016 @ 22:33 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11248 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
BigMacca said:

I'm on for at least a 180kg bench press

Macca

Holy f**k!
rawlifterIcon...22-03-2016 @ 14:41 
Member 5584, 291 posts
SQ 225, BP 157.5, DL 260
642.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Saw this thread which I read with great interest previously and was wondering what sort of progress people had made on this routine and/or how they tweaked it to fit with their training?
SparrowIcon...02-12-2018 @ 20:54 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18268 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Does anyone have a copy of this program? The link doesn't work.
EDCLARKEIcon...04-12-2018 @ 22:58 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10754 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Sparrow said:Does anyone have a copy of this program? The link doesn't work.


ive got it downloaded can email it you if you want
AMH_PowerIcon...06-12-2018 @ 18:30 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1417 posts
SQ 305, BP 232.5, DL 305
842.5 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
EDCLARKE said:
ive got it downloaded can email it you if you want



Beat me to it, thanks mate.
jtIcon...07-12-2018 @ 13:02 
Avatar
old age traveller
Member 332, 7827 posts
Thanks to Ed for sending me a copy.

Has anyone got a version I could understand?

Something like Monday Bench 4sets 6 reps?

TIA

1234567

© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto