REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 149 guests
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 653654655656657658659660661662663

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)11-08-2022 @ 19:50 
Fatpete said:.
Just watched Pointless and garnered this little gem - what is the difference between a big cat and a small cat ? Big cats roar, small cats purr. No cat can do both. How cool is that ?

Now, I did know that and I learnt it relatively recently.

What's more, if asked where I learnt it from, I would have said "one of Mr Pete's journal entries on Sugden"

Have I developed precognition?
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)09-08-2022 @ 14:21 
Wigan said:4, should have been 3

3 for me.

The good lady wife could be heard swearing about today's Wordle, so I'm assuming it was a 5 or 6 for her
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)06-08-2022 @ 12:33 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:4

3 for me today and the fastest I've ever solved a Wordle. About 35 seconds!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)03-08-2022 @ 10:05 
6 for me today.

Had the last 4 letters in the correct place in 3 and then managed to pick the wrong option 2 more times!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)30-07-2022 @ 21:37 
Fatpete said:Failed miserably

Got it in three today. Only one letter in the right place after two attempts, then boom on the third!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)29-07-2022 @ 00:28 
Mr Pete, a man of leisure!

Finally will have the time to become a cheese connoisseur
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)24-07-2022 @ 18:30 
Bod said:
For the record, it’s a yes to cheese from me and a very definite no to both cucumber and tomato.

I'll happily have cucumber and tomato with cheers (feta for preference)
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)24-07-2022 @ 18:30 
Bod said:
For the record, it’s a yes to cheese from me and a very definite no to both cucumber and tomato.

I'll happily have cucumber and tomato with cheers (feta for preference)
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)20-07-2022 @ 20:14 
Fatpete said:
Never heard of it, but I now know it's a cave or cavern, so thank you for that. Wordle aside when did you last use that in a sentence ? Obviously I never have and would probably find it no easy task

I do quite a lot of outdoor/bushcrafting stuff and someone I was with used it a couple of years ago, it just stuck with me ever since
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)19-07-2022 @ 22:11 
Fatpete said:
Same question to you young man, I am a very nosey fellow

Antre which quite nicely gave me 3 letters in the correct position Happy
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)19-07-2022 @ 11:35 
Bod said:Two today.

Snap!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)29-06-2022 @ 22:00 
Fatpete said:
As did I. But in all honesty I fluked it. Very lucky

It was a stupid word and I've no idea how I came up with it in my 4th attempt!

I suspect it might be a bit rum
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)22-06-2022 @ 10:14 
Wigan said:
I found todays unusually tough, third guess gave me the first letter and a vowel in the wrong place. Fourth guess was the same, it took me ages to come up with the fifth, by which point I was sure it was the only option, but it took an age

I really struggled as well today.

I had the first and fourth letters on my second attempt, but it took me three more (and about 15 minutes) to get the bugger!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)18-06-2022 @ 11:11 
Fatpete said:Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Wordle in six today and I had to cheat again, that's the second time in a week, bas***ds must be deliberately including far more obscure words. I recall reading that the original list of 15,000 words was whittled down to 2,500 common ones but there certainly seems to be a shift to the more obscure. I always classed my own vocabulary as reasonable but it has been found wanting twice in a week now.

So do we class cheating as no longer cheating or do we just walk away right now ? I'll get back to you on that

It took me 10 minutes to come up with a third guess, then a further five to to come up with a fourth (correct) word.

That was only because it was written right in front of me on a packet.

But of a rum word in my opinion
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)14-06-2022 @ 17:37 
Fatpete said:
Today is a good day as this afternoon around four a young lady should appear to hack a corn off the bottom of my left foot. It is only ever the left foot, never the right which is something of a mystery.

I also had a curb removed this week (my very first one). I guess that means I'm officially old now...

In better news, got the Wordle in 2 today Happy

12345678910 ... ... 653654655656657658659660661662663

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions